• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 08, 2024, 07:41:48 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

mav

I think you should add a light hue on the new palettes--a bluish hue on the second one, greenish on the fourth, and purple or pinkish on the fifth. Looks great otherwise. Can't wait to see this thing in action.

Lijj

Well I was trying to avoid tinting the whites out of personal taste, just not a fan of it. But since it has been suggested I'll do it. Very subtly.
I actually prefer eggshell throughout. But this is more standard I suppose. The blondes are a tiny better. Couldn't go too light on the portrait without making the eyes too light. Well I'm starting to like the blue tint more like cool-gray.
  • Modding version: PSX

mav

Those looks stunning, in my opinion. This is a very very good sprite. Great work, Lijj.

What are you planning on doing for the male version, or are you not gonna bother with them?

Lijj

I haven't started yet but plan to. I want a character with short- cape and cowl/ similar hood.
Thanks a bunch. And speacial thanks to JimmyJW88 for so much knit-picking but helpfully so. :P

mav

Sounds interesting. I can't wait to see what you have in mind.

Lijj

May 23, 2010, 08:17:12 am #185 Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:12:11 am by twinees
Female White Mages have been added to the main sprite page.

Link:[s:3jyhk0l7]http://ffhacktics.com/sprites.php[/s:3jyhk0l7]
Male version coming out soon:
(prototype blue version)
Now, this gif is just my first test, (I see a couple mistakes)just thought I'd post to show possible blue coloration.

Kagebunji

This looks great! Well, upper part of hood is lacking shading(on all frames), but this is just a concept and you will probably fix it. You use cape from Vicks sprite, aye? Watch out with that one.

Oh, forgot to mention, cape goes crazy in that walking animation.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Looks a little feminine, but that's just my opinion. The hood looks like a chef's hat on the forward-facing frame. It's an interesting sprite, but it looks a little bit choppy right now. Good luck though.

GeneralStrife

holy crap you work fast liji

Zozma

thats very nice, have you ever entertained the idea of making a joker hat? lol i tried before but failed
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

jimmyjw88

Very nice, Lijj. Interesting concept, though like mav said, a little feminine. And yes, lack of shadings on the hood.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

Hahaha, He does look a little feminine, it's funny because I almost said pardon how faggy he looks but he is a white mage. So I agree. I had another idea but this one matches a lot better.
Yeah I used Vicks and realised too late that the back animations frames, for the cape are silly so I need to just put a couple hours into fixing it.(NEW RULE, ALWAYS CHECK ANIMATIONS ON CUSTOM SPRITES BEFORE BASING) I've had a busy day and I'm still zombified from last nights spriting (up til 5AM) but may work tonight.
Zozma: Have'nt thought of making one but have always liked the way they look. I'm not sure what i'm doing next maybe time mages... what if they had them?
Oh yes! mav: you're right I don't like the front facing frame hood. I'll fix it!
Thanks for the insights! What do you think of that sky blue for palette #1?

(f'd up a bit)I really wish I kept that cape seperate, now it's going to be a real drag to edit.

mav

Oh, I should have mentioned what I think is making this thing look feminine--the shorts/pants things. They're a little strange. Good luck, Lijj; I have yet to be disappointed with your works.

Twinees

I agree with mav about the femine aspect. I get a bit distracted to the foot when the left leg is closest to the screen, but it seems outlined with dark shading. similar to the left arm but when it is nearly full back. Would you be able to show a version with his hood hanging down his back? this may make it easier for people to determine whether he is male or female by the length of his hair. Looks very good though. YOU WORK TOO FAST :P

jimmyjw88

Quote from: "mav"Oh, I should have mentioned what I think is making this thing look feminine--the shorts/pants things.
My thought as well.
QuoteI have yet to be disappointed with your works.
Agreed.

Hah...With the new spriters and fast workers like Lijj and DeadMan, I guess I should retire. Lol.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

May 24, 2010, 01:40:56 am #195 Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 01:43:09 am by Lijj
Twinees:
Good eye on the odd shading of the foot, didn't notice it.
Change the hood? That's my favorite part: the basis for the concept; the cape and hood.(Think- a less dark looking Moon Knight) So it'd be sad to me to have to change it. Not a bad idea for making them differ though. So I'll mess with the hood a bit and if I can't get it to look any better/ masculine I'll do it.
Mav:
 This is based off of a Male Mime. I slightly edited it to make it look like shorts...Do you think if I made them more obviously shorts it would look less feminine? I like this character to look somewhat faggy so.. were not going for a tough-guy but we don't want it too androgynous.

Does anyone else think the cape of that walking frame looks ok?
Edit:Retire?! WTF?
 Please don't JimmyJW88! We need you around! Everybody keep it up! We may make the Japanese envious... Is that a longshot?

Twinees

the cape does look a little strange, it kinda jumps instead of a natural flow, try to fix that.

Lijj

Thanks twinees. Good to have more feed back before I go.

jimmyjw88

Twinees has pointed out what I was about to say.

Well, I work super slow and its been quite some time since my last sprite. Haha.

Twinees

i work slow too jimmy haha. no need to retire though :P