• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 07:13:48 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: New Class Edition

Started by DeadManWalking, April 08, 2010, 03:55:55 pm

Concerning Draw Out becoming a new Item skillset...

Turn the old Item skillset items into junk that's only use is to be sold
3 (50%)
Reintroduce the Chemist and make the Adventurer an advanced class (thus forcing me to get rid of a class, please post which one you'd like to see go)
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 26, 2010, 01:57:05 am

DeadManWalking

Hrm.  I've decided to change it, Mystic Knight that is.

Holy Aura - Random, Protect, Shell (Minor) Regen, Haste (Moderate), Reraise (Full)

Dark Aura - Random, Slow, Don't Move, (Earth) Oil, Berserk, (Fire) Poison, Blind (Dark), Don't Act, Confuse, (Wind), Death Sentence (Holy)

Instead of Aura Absorb/Burst, there's this.

Gaia's Wrath -> Cancels: Slow, Don't Move.  Damages enemy 35% total HP, Earth Elemental

Hell's Fury -> Cancels: Poison, Blind.  Damages enemy 40% total HP, Dark Elemental

Fujin's Retribution -> Cancels: Don't Act, Confuse 45%, Wind Elemental

Vulcan's Ire -> Cancels: Oil. Berserk.  Damages enemy 50% total HP, Fire Elemental

Heaven's Judgement -> Cancels: Death Sentence, Damages enemy 100% total HP, Holy Elemental

Gaia's Favour -> Cancels: Protect, Shell.  Restores health 33%

Fujin's Blessing -> Cancels: Regen, Haste.  Restores health 66%

Heaven's Benevolence -> Cancels: Reraise, restores health 100%

SilvasRuin

Dark Aura does not sound the slightest bit possible to me.  I'm somewhat confused about what you're actually intending for Holy Aura to do.

Heaven's Judgement sounds overpowered.  Making them die sooner when they're going to die anyways sounds like a neat concept, but they wind up losing the few turns they had left.  Also, the AI seems to like pretending doomed enemies don't exist anymore.  The AI might never use this.

Heaven's Benevolence sounds much less overpowered because there's a legitimate trade-off going on.

DeadManWalking

Oh, they're both really easy to make.  It's basically just a Range: 0, Area: 2 ability with a chance of inflicting one positive (Holy Aura) or one negative (Dark Aura) status effect.  Which status effect is added (through Holy/Dark Aura or some other means) is what determines which abilities you can use on the target.

I believe there's a patch that fixes Death Sentence, or at least one in the works.

DeadManWalking

Well, right now I'm mostly working on sprites for all the starter classes.

The Damned

Okay, this has been bothering me a bit: With your rework of Potions (which I think probably makes more sense than Potions just straight-healing), won't Auto Potion now obviate Regenerator (even more)?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

DeadManWalking

Yeah, pretty much.  I'm not sure what to do with it, though.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"Yeah, pretty much.  I'm not sure what to do with it, though.

You could always hack regenerator or regen to have better effects, you know.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

The Damned

How so? Pretty much anything that he does to Regen would affect Auto Potion and I thought we couldn't affect any of the RSM abilities sans the various Equipment ones.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

DeadManWalking

I thought Regenerator wasn't tied to the ability--at least, that's what I was told.  And, Damned, a few reaction abilities are fairly easily editable, namely Counter Tackle (Tied to the Dash ability slot), Finger Guard (Change other abilities to use Talk Skill formula), and Counter Flood (The Geomancy skills)

The Damned

May 10, 2010, 03:53:00 am #69 Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:49:38 pm by The Damned
I was aware of those, but they had slipped my mind, yes.

Regenerator isn't tied to Regen's slot? I was unaware of that, though I suppose it make sense since Regen is ultimately just a status and Dragon Spirit obviously isn't tied to Reraise's slot. (Or is it? ...Nah.)

Criss

seems interesting...
have you actually putting this into work?
is it download-able?
I'm a Birdman bitch!
I be high in the sky shit on you and your girl!

DeadManWalking

I'm still working on it, sprite work, mostly.  I'm not a very big fan of releasing mostly unfinished work.

Criss

O ok.. thats a good thing dont rush it take your time :)
seems interesting only question i have now is the difficulty of the game? easy? medium? hard? or superhard *cough 1.3*
I'm a Birdman bitch!
I be high in the sky shit on you and your girl!

DeadManWalking

I don't intend to drastically change the difficulty, just, make it a different gameplay experience.

DeadManWalking

Added a sprite list to the main page so people can follow my sprite work on the patch from here.

DeadManWalking

After learning some things, I may wind up taking item out altogether and replace it with a system made from the old Draw Out skillset.

DeadManWalking

Hrm.  Does anyone know a where I can find a list of special items used in final fantasy?  (You know, items like Hero Drink or Red Talon, that either did damage or had some special affect)

DeadManWalking

Found it in a Final Fantasy Wiki.  Here's the new list of items.

Potion - Heal_(MA*6), Range 3, AoE 0.

Mega-Potion - Heal_(MA*12), Range 3, AoE 1.

Ether - HealMP_(MA*10), Range 3, AoE 0.

Hero Drink - +PA (2), Range 3, AoE 0

Red Fang - Dmg_(MA*20), Fire Elemental, Range 3, AoE 1

Malboro Tentacle - Dmg_(MA*15), Dark Elemental, Range 3, AoE 0.  Adds: Poison, Death Sentence, Darkness, Silence, Slow, Confuse (Random)

Remedy - As before.

Phoenix Down - Cancels: Dead and restores 5% health.

(Rare) Elixir - As before

(Rare) Nethicite - Damages 100% of MP of everyone on the map.

DeadManWalking

I'd like to go with option B, but mainly I don't know which class to get rid of.

The Damned

I was originally going to say go with Option A, but even as much as I dislike Items, turning them into mere junk which only can be sold makes those items even more of an eyesore and they go from overpowered to straight useless.

I say go with Option B and get rid of Red Mage--it's easily the most expendable class and I'm saying this from an objective standpoint; by its very nature it's merely the merger of White Magic and Black Magic, which will still be around.