• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 03:14:42 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Equal Growth Stat balancing.

Started by Timbo, April 04, 2010, 01:43:15 pm

Timbo

I think I'm turning into one of those "no growth" people.  I don't want to punish my players for deciding at the end of the game that they no longer want ramza to be a melee character.  Has anybody worked out how much to adjust each classes stat multipliers so that every class gets the same growth in every stat, with the end result being the same average stats per level?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Archael

leave all multipliers alone

make all HP growth 10

make all MP growth 10

make all speed, pa, ma growth 50

that way each job has the exact same growths for every stat as every other job, and the only difference in stats at lvl 99 would come from the multiplier of the job you're currently in

Timbo

That makes sense.  What I really want are the formulas for how things are handled.  Is it Stat Growth x Level x Multiplier then?  Also what about Monsters?  Would changing all of the humans effect the NPC's and monsters level of effectiveness?  What I want is to adjust it so that I can get similar results to what a pure level 99 job would look like in vanilla or 1.3.  

Has anybody ever gotten rid of alternate job growth before?

Archael

you lost me

stat growth has nothing to do with multiplier, it's just the amount by which the character's base stat grows PER LEVEL UP

the lower the growth the better

making all stat growth the same across all jobs gets rid of alternate job growth by definition

Timbo

Okay, how should I explain this....  

In vanilla lets say job X at level 99 has 655 hp.  Now if I modify job X's stat growth his stats are no longer going to be 655, instead they are going to be something different.  This is because the multiplier multiplies the characters accumulated stat growth.

So lets say that a level 99 character has had 10 for HP growth for all 99 levels and its current job has a multiplier of 100.  10growth * 99levels * 100HPmult = 99000.  There is obviously another variable that modifies all this data.  I want the formula so that I can reconfigure job x's growth values and stat multiplier so that I can get a similar result to training a pure job.  

Long story short, I need the formula.

formerdeathcorps

No.  That's not how the C value works.  If you want to know how, please look here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197339/3876.

Search for the terms C Value and multiplier under Section 7.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Timbo

Thankyou FDC, I'll get right on that.  I should have known to check the BMG, I actually have it open in another tab right now.  Thanks pal.

philsov

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.