• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 03:13:52 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

degrofm

The head in the back view seems off-center and misshapen. The head in the front view, the hood seems to be off to the right a touch. As Kagebunji said, the eyes in the front view are odd.

DeadManWalking

Okay, I fixed the eyes on the front, and the uneven hair on the back is due to the palette editor stretching in an odd way, and the uneven hood is apparently due to that, too.

DeadManWalking

And it's done, for now, at least.  Fixed it up quite a bit, too.[attachment=1:3bbvjivx]GuardPNG.png[/attachment:3bbvjivx]
[attachment=0:3bbvjivx]Guard Preview.png[/attachment:3bbvjivx]

Boxiii

The hood on the front view looks too solid, but other than that i like it.

Lijj

Is it available? I like the colors.
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

Not just yet, not all the kinks are worked.  I'll probably add a portrait and finish it up Monday/Tuesday.

Boxiii

Also, any female variants, or are you doing those after your demo?

DeadManWalking

I've got a female of the Marshal set up, but that's it.  Spriting is kind of annoying when you have a deadline >_>

Mari

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"I've got a female of the Marshal set up, but that's it.  Spriting is kind of annoying when you have a deadline >_>
FINISH THEM ALL! TOMORROW!

But really, the Guard looks amazing, aside from that front hood thingie mentioned!
I can't wait for a female version, if it will ever be made!

Edit: I'm really likin' the Marshal too. (I read the thread backwards!)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Kagebunji

April 18, 2010, 05:17:05 am #89 Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:39:12 am by Kagebunji
No, Guard is far from finished unless you change palettes, do what I said, collors on those certain palettes are too similiar! For female, I suggest using Myan/Monica armor, it is feminine.

Edit: I'm talking about these kind of difference, But you better do those palettes yourself, this one is created from my imagination, not copied from existing sprite, so it may look strange, but this is just an example either way

DeadManWalking

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Head in the middle, and back frame's head too. Plus eyes on middle frame. You need to think of something other for palettes, they just are too plain, you need to mix colors that aren't similiar to each other (your palettes 1,2 ,3, 5 have colors not differing enough, for example fith palette, purple cape, light blue armor, quite similiar colors), change it ASAP.

Quote from: "Kagebunji"No, Guard is far from finished unless you change palettes, do what I said, collors on those certain palettes are too similiar! For female, I suggest using Myan/Monica armor, it is feminine.

'Head/Back Frame's Head' is really not going to help me much, what specifically is wrong with the back frames head?  Other people have commented on the middle head and they clarified what they meant :P  Is it the same thing or what?

Not going to be using Myan/Miang, either, the color set on the armor is too... connected, I guess, it'd all have to be the same color, I'll try Monica's.

I've already changed 2 to be more distinct. 3... how is that one not distinct?

Kagebunji

Try mixing silver with red on palette number 3, gold isn't exactly fitting and distinct.

I didn't clarifed what I mean on head in the middle cause it was already said it is misshapen, I added back frame to that, obvious it is that it was misshapen too.

About Monica/Myan. you weren't supposed to use them as a base, only copy/paste their armors...

Mari

I'm not sure I see how the back head is misshapen. The hood isn't skin tight, it's lying loose just a bit. Looks fine to me.

But as for the colours thing, I guess I can see what he says a bit.. But not on the ones he sees.
I see the legs on the last palette.. And they look.. Well, just look at the legs of the facing forward pose!
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Kagebunji

If you don't see, then I will point it out. I said him to fix it, and he did, so it is no wonder you don't see it on current version of this Guard. And please enlighten me what palettes YOU think aren't good enough, I'm curious as hell about this. Here is first version where I said back head needs to be fixed:

DeadManWalking

Actually that was the palette editor's fault >_> The zoom feature on he demos stretched the image oddly.

DeadManWalking

Here, I made portraits.  And tried to fix the palettes (I still don't see how they're too similar...).  I've been trying to keep them in a theme, though =P

Cheetah

The portrait really doesn't fit the sprite very well. I like the hair and face though.
Current Projects:

Lijj

I was imagining a more boyish rounder portrait. Though it's good.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I like face and hair too like Mr. Cheetah said, but hood isn't exactly working, the thing he has on head(on sprite) looks more thight than hood. The guy with red cape is definitly an improvement, that difference I was talking about. But really, try to use Wiegraaf's CH1 armor colors(my Guardian sprite also use them if this interest ya.) for palette number one armor

VampragonLord

knock about 8 years off the portrait, i think the center/straight on view issue with the head isnt the head itself, its the hair + the hood. in all the other pics, the hood goes right up to before the hair line, but in the straight on view, it seems like too much hair shows, and the porportions look off
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~