• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 04, 2024, 02:43:43 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

DeadManWalking

Okay, I changed the pants to make them thinner, but I don't think I can add straps so easily, it'd wind up making me change the shoulders on most of the sprites, not sure if that would require me to edit the arms again or what.

Also, with the hat, I and edited it on the rear view, but I'm having difficulty making it longer/larger, it either makes the face look wierd (I.E. messing up the eyebrows) or looks a little odd one way or another.

Can someone give me an example of what they want?

Kagebunji

Yup, you changed the whole sprite, and made his chest worse, Chemist's chest gave the expression a lot better, only pants were sucky. I would change it back to Chemist, but it is just me. You can forget about straps, those would look good, but it would require some work on shoulders, wich I s'pose you aren't eager to change.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking

Well, I took a stab at changing the hat, here it is.  So far, Kage, most people like the thief base, so I'll keep it for at least a little more unless more people speak up.

Kagebunji

Heh, look WHO posted, most of them (except Mav) either never sprited, or had contact with spriting for only short time. Believe me, Chemist's chest will look far better in the end.

degrofm

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Heh, look WHO posted, most of them (except Mav) either never sprited, or had contact with spriting for only short time. Believe me, Chemist's chest will look far better in the end.

Just because someone hasn't had contact with spriting for very doesn't mean that person doesn't know what they think looks good. I've never done any spriting, but I can tell when I think something looks good, or when something doesn't look good at all.

Kagebunji

Nut when you have some inside knowledge of spriting like me, Jimmy, Smash, Mav and many others, we know a lot more what looks better. I never meant any offense to you guys, so chill.

Tonb3rry

I've not really been part of the conversation up till now, but I'm havin a thought here... they're just sprites. It's not really all that big of a deal :P

VampragonLord

kage, youre like....12, gtfo.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kagebunji

No, you gtfo, Stop offtoping, if you are writing posts, be creative, go to your spam section and never come out of there. Be aware that this is not spam and talking like this for long will get you a ban very soon. Now go and never return. Side note: I'm 15.

As to sprite, try using other pants than thief, they look kinda strange, especially back. There are manny pants like that, search for one that fits best.

degrofm

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Nut when you have some inside knowledge of spriting like me, Jimmy, Smash, Mav and many others, we know a lot more what looks better. I never meant any offense to you guys, so chill.

You do realize the ego this makes you sound like you have, right? Just because I haven't done any spriting, I know less about what is aesthetically pleasing to me than you, or Jimmy, or Smash, or any of the other more versed spriters? That doesn't make even a little bit of sense. I know what I think looks good, and I know what I don't think looks good. Even if you didn't mean any offense to us, telling us that we don't know what we're talking about in terms of what looks good or doesn't look good is offensive.

More ontopic -- I agree that the chest looks weird. It looks rather too bulky, in my opinion. But what do I know?

Lijj

Most the good ideas in art come from those unable to execute in my humble opinion and experience.
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

Well, to bring this back on topic, is the hat better now?

Lijj

Yes. Let us not stray. Dat hat looks cool ; I could see where some might not like. But to me it is fine, Like the brim is old or something.
  • Modding version: PSX

DeadManWalking

I think I might lengthen the sleeves on the arms a bit, but I think I'll keep the thief base.

jimmyjw88

Give it a try on Male Archer base.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Mari

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like he doesn't have a neck or he's hunched over in poses 3 and 5.
And the pants are starting to grow on me, but I still think they could use a couple more tweaks.
Mostly, they look a bit pillowshaded.. Especially so in pose 3.

Though I suppose there's not too much more you could do to them in terms of much anything..
Maybe they're too plain? They're sorta like sweatpants as shorts.
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

DeadManWalking

Well, I've already tried thinning the pants and lengthening them.  

Male Archer?  I'm going for an Indiana Jones-ish look, I don't think the Male Archer will look very good.

VampragonLord

Quote from: "Kagebunji"No, you gtfo, Stop offtoping, if you are writing posts, be creative, go to your spam section and never come out of there. Be aware that this is not spam and talking like this for long will get you a ban very soon. Now go and never return. Side note: I'm 15.

gafgafrog is not amused

Also, the hat is coming together fairly well, though it wasnt that bad before... either way its stil far from dapper.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kagebunji

Quote from: "VampragonLord"
Quote from: "Kagebunji"No, you gtfo, Stop offtoping, if you are writing posts, be creative, go to your spam section and never come out of there. Be aware that this is not spam and talking like this for long will get you a ban very soon. Now go and never return. Side note: I'm 15.

Your best sprite so far.

As to those pants, on back frames there is this tail-coat from thief, it doesn't look good (meh, I don't even like it on original male thief), that is why you should change those pants, use something like ninja cause they are long and not too big, Algus might work too.

mav

Just be aware that male Ninja's pants look like sweatpants. And the male Archer is a little bit too intricate to use, especially since those grieves on his legs don't mesh well on other sprites.

As for the hat on this sprite, it's better, but it's messy. Look at the forward-facing frame (middle frame), the hat has random shading in the middle. The forward-facing and rear-facing diagonal frames look pretty good overall, though I wouldn't mind seeing the hat a pixel longer on the rear view. The hat on the completely rear-facing frame (sprite on our far right) looks a little out of shape and is also suffering from some outlining. Something really looks strange on the first frame--everything looks squished. If I get some time today, I'll post an edit up for you.