• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 01:10:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Questions about No Random Battles ASM hack

Started by Timbo, March 26, 2010, 11:42:31 am

Timbo

Is this hack as simple as it sounds?  Random battles are so much fun.  I could never do away with them.  Is there anybody that still does ASM hacking requests, because I have a great idea?

Optional Battles.  Simply go to a location open the menu and choose "Pick a fight" or something, and boom you are in a "random battle".  Most people reset the game when they get into a random battle that they don't want to fight or when they try to do just about anything else.  This option just eliminates the middleman and makes poaching, breeding, and proposistions a lot more convenient.  

Is this doable, has it been done, and is there anybody around that can do it?  I'm still pretty new here so I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of everything.  Oh, and just so everybody knows I use the hell out of the search function
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Dome

This...is a good idea
Anyone interested in picking this request?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Xifanie

Actually... I made a hack that makes random battles trigger 100%

I love this idea, because I just came up with mine right now.

Know how you always get random battles when you don't want to, and always get past locations you want to fight in?
How about this: make a hack that checks if current location = destination. If it is, trigger random battle (100%), else, ignore (0%). I could make this hack myself, but I don't have sufficiently powerful hardware. Even if I did, I'm not sure if I would bother. :P
Anyway, to me it sounds like a pretty simple hack to make, plus I'm sure it would please a lot of people.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: Xifanie on April 04, 2011, 04:08:03 pm
Actually... I made a hack that makes random battles trigger 100%

I love this idea, because I just came up with mine right now.

Know how you always get random battles when you don't want to, and always get past locations you want to fight in?
How about this: make a hack that checks if current location = destination. If it is, trigger random battle (100%), else, ignore (0%). I could make this hack myself, but I don't have sufficiently powerful hardware. Even if I did, I'm not sure if I would bother. :P
Anyway, to me it sounds like a pretty simple hack to make, plus I'm sure it would please a lot of people.

Then I would have a reason to use the Menu-based travel option.

Dome

Still no one interested in this one? It would be awesome as hell

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"