• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 12:18:01 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Can propositions be edited?

Started by Timbo, March 25, 2010, 03:32:10 am

Timbo

I've been reading up on stuff on this forum, I downloaded some software, and I've been planning the changes I want to make to this game.  Specifically which jobs I want to alter and eliminate.  

I decided to eliminate the both Thief and the Mediator by combining them into one single job known as the Rogue.  For those of you counting, some of their respective support skills will be handed out to other jobs because of space issues.

Here is the thing.  What happens to the propositions and their recommended jobs for Thief and Mediator?  Can those be edited to make room for my dashing new rogue job?  Can I add job recommendations for any new jobs I create, like Blue Mage or Dark Knight?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "Jack of All Trades"I've been reading up on stuff on this forum, I downloaded some software, and I've been planning the changes I want to make to this game.  Specifically which jobs I want to alter and eliminate.  

I decided to eliminate the both Thief and the Mediator by combining them into one single job known as the Rogue.  For those of you counting, some of their respective support skills will be handed out to other jobs because of space issues.

Here is the thing.  What happens to the propositions and their recommended jobs for Thief and Mediator?  Can those be edited to make room for my dashing new rogue job?  Can I add job recommendations for any new jobs I create, like Blue Mage or Dark Knight?

I don't think anyone even looked into modifying bar props.  I'm sure they're somewhere in WORLD.BIN or whatever file it is that displays all the bar proposition success quotes in TacText, but I don't know more than that.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.