• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 08, 2024, 05:34:43 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Religion

Started by Xifanie, March 16, 2010, 05:37:59 pm

poll

Pastafarism
1 (5%)
Russell's Teapotism
0 (0%)
Invisible Pink Unicornism
2 (10%)
Atheism
5 (25%)
Agnosticism
5 (25%)
Glabadosism
2 (10%)
Other
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: March 16, 2010, 05:37:59 pm

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

k3yblad3

philsov

QuoteA PRIMER FOR ERISIAN EVANGELISTS by Lord Omar

The SOCRATIC APPROACH is most successful when confronting the ignorant. The "socratic approach" is what you call starting an argument by asking questions. You approach the innocent and simply ask "Did you know that God's name is ERIS, and that He is a girl?" If he should answer "Yes." then he probably is a fellow Erisian and so you can forget it. If he says "No." then quickly proceed to:

THE BLIND ASSERTION and say "Well, He Is a girl, and His name is ERIS!" Shrewedly observe if the subject is convinced. If he is, swear him into the Legion of Dynamic Discord before he changes his mind. If he does not appear convinced, then proceed to:

THE FAITH BIT: "But you must have Faith! All is lost without Faith! I sure feel sorry for you if you don't have Faith." And then add:

THE ARGUMENT BY FEAR and in an ominous voice ask "Do you know what happens to those who deny Goddess?" If he hesitates, don't tell him that he will surely be reincarnated as a precious Mao Button and distributed to the poor in the Region of Thud (which would be a mean thing to say), just shake your head sadly and, while wiping a tear from your eye, go to:

THE FIRST CLAUSE PLOY wherein you point to all of the discord and confusion in the world and exclaim "Well who the hell do you think did all of this, wise guy?" If he says, "Nobody, just impersonal forces." then quickly respond with:

THE ARGUMENT BY SEMANTICAL GYMNASTICS and say that he is absolutely right, and that those impersonal forces are female and that Her name is ERIS. If he, wonder of wonders, still remains obstinate, then finally resort to:

THE FIGURATIVE SYMBOLISM DODGE and confide that sophisticated people like himself recognize that Eris is a Figurative Symbol for an Ineffable Metaphysical Reality and that The Erisian Movement is really more like a poem than like a science and that he is liable to be turned into a Precious Mao Button and Distributed to The Poor in The Region of Thud if he does not get hip. Then put him on your mailing list.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Samuraiblackbelt

invisible pink unicornism
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

formerdeathcorps

The odd thing is that I actually do know someone older than 15 who believes in pink unicorns (who isn't samuraiblackbelt, or at least I don't think).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Kaijyuu

Life's too short to be worried about things you can never prove.

Dome

I pray for the lolpenis = Other

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Melancthon

Non-practicing Taoist
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Archael

atheism even tho it's not actually a religion

rafaelterras

Quote from: "Voldemort"atheism even tho it's not actually a religion

I see I'm not alone on this world! Apparently, the majority which has voted so far is like me and Voldemort.

Xifanie

I'm the only one following the path of Lady Ajora?

KILL ALL THE INFIDELS!
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kaijyuu

Bring it on, churchboy!

VampragonLord

For Lady Ajora!
*throws a kupo nut at kaijyuu*
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Mari

Here's my view on religion:
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.