• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 12:52:40 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTactext and PSP: Need help changing unit names

Started by Donkeyton, March 13, 2010, 09:47:23 pm

Donkeyton

Is it actually possible to change a unit name in FFTacText for the PSP version of the game? I know that the ATTACK.OUT file is missing on WOTL, but even without it, I've been able to change job names, skillset names, descriptions, etc. But I can't seem to get unit name changes to stick. I tried changing Meliadoul's name as a test, for instance (making sure to rename only the version of Meliadoul used in my party). But she stays "Meliadoul" in battle and in the formation screen.

Any insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated.

formerdeathcorps

You can't just use quick edit.  You need to edit ATTACK.OUT, WORLD.LZW, and OPEN.LZW manually.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Donkeyton

I'm aware of that, but I can't find ATTACK.OUT in FFTacText with the PSP ISO. Where do I find it?

I have edited WORLD.LZW and OPEN.LZW in all instances where the name appears in those two sections.