• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Tonb3rry's Sprites

Started by Tonb3rry, February 20, 2010, 03:49:25 am

Tonb3rry

lol, if I post it up here, its free game. I don't believe in hogging the rights to works like this, we're all just having fun here anyway, right? Thank you much for asking though - go right on ahead :)

As I get them working, I'll keep posting up here. Thanks to all of you for all the support and positive feedback.

@Silvas - you know, I'm actually not sure... silly question, but how might I go about figuring that out?

mav

February 22, 2010, 04:34:16 pm #21 Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 05:33:31 pm by mav
Quote from: "Tonb3rry"... silly question, but how might I go about figuring that out?
That depends. What program are you using? GraphicsGale gives you a readout, as do Adobe Photoshop and Zodiac's palette editor. All you need to do is check the RGB values and see if they're multiples of four, all the way up to 252, if I recall correctly.

Tonb3rry

Ah, I do have GraphicsGale. I'll need to pull that up and check it out - I put a lot of work into Nariem, I'd hate to see him not work out.

mav

Another issue with Nariem's palette is that so many of his colors are shared: having skin and clothes almost the exact same shades will be a huge bother down the line. Do you have a version that isn't reduced to 16 colors? You could probably rework that...

Tonb3rry

I wish I did have an unsaturated version (thanks to Nariem I now save both the original and the final when working a spritesheet) the issue is that I went about plastering him over other 16bit sheets till I found a color scheme I liked, only he eventually faded to what you see now and I couldn't get the original colors back. A pain.

In the meantime; I was cleaning up around the house and found my KH discs... don't know why but it inspired this:

[attachment=0:2o0hw91d]Unknown.bmp[/attachment:2o0hw91d]

Another pretty quick one (about an hour and a half maybe) - I really just don't have the time I would like to spend on detail, etc, but I do like to keep in practice. Usually in the mornings, waiting for the wife to wake-up and I've got no new games to play, like today  :P

thechancellor

Dude, that is a sick sprite. Love it. Gonna make a "Harbinger" class with that one.
Don't really have anything witty or interesting to put here...

VampragonLord

*submits form to kidnap for certain character in zombie patch that is NOT being worked on in total secret*
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

mav

I see a couple purple pixels, but they're no big deal. The colors on the portrait are bugging me a bit, but overall it's very nice. Great job.

Tonb3rry

Blasted purple pixels! Gods, you don't realize how many pointless hidden shades the Oracle has until you change the colors. Also yes, the portrait colors are off. I literally took the KH: COM portrait and boxed it down to fft size.

@Vamp - snatch away; I'm glad i've been able to be such an accidental help lol

jimmyjw88

Yeah, looks great. Well done.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

Never thought of this. Nice job.

QuoteThe colors on the portrait are bugging me a bit
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Tonb3rry

Next

mav

Hah, that's creepy. Most of it looks good, except for where the eyes and ears go. Definitely a fun sprite though--keep up the good work.

Jon

Nice one. It could use some more blood though, especially if it is a zombie Delita. Cool ideas you got. Hmm, reading your name reminds me of well, yeah, a tonberry, I wonder if anyone ever made one in FFT yet? Probably not to hard to adapt, considering that there is a tonberry in FFTA...I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make one out of Simon...or High Priest Funeral...this just gave me an idea...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Tonb3rry

That would be a freaking massive tonberry lol. I actually took the FFTA version and altered the colors to better fit the original coloration - I've replaced the Apanda sprite in my game with it, though, and as I've not come across one yet, I'm not sure if it works X(

Also, I am still changing the colors, etc for the zombie (I only posted what I had so far) it will eventually be a simple generic zombie, I'm merely using Delita's body as the base

MiKeMiTchi

QuoteAlso, I am still changing the colors, etc for the zombie (I only posted what I had so far) it will eventually be a simple generic zombie, I'm merely using Delita's body as the base

Cool. Please continue.. :)
You could remake Zombie Zalbag with this, too.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Jon

You could test the FFTA tonberry in Shishi, you know? Just replace a sprite and then check its movement on the right side in the program...I might make a small version of tonberry if I find the time, but who to use as a base...?

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Jon"but who to use as a base...?

Quote from: "Jon"I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make one out of Simon...or High Priest Funeral...

Any other questions?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Haha, got a point there Kage. However, it is pretty weird as Simon (Funeral is out of the question). Actually, the best base might actually be the male summoner. Dunno, but I am still playing around with the idea.

Kokojo

*submits form to kidnap acertain character for a relashed patch that is worked on.*
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.