• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 14, 2024, 04:26:30 pm

FFTacttext

Started by farva627, January 27, 2010, 09:05:39 am

farva627

I have been working on an entire mod for the game using FFTPatcher, ShiShi, and FFTacText.  FFTPatcher and ShiShi patched the ISO just fine but when I go to patch FFTacText I get this error:
DTE for BOOT.BIN[29E344] failed.
The ISO has NOT been modified.

I opened up this BIN file and it contains Unit names and Job Names.  I haven't changed anything on the Unit Names but I have for Job Names.
For Ramza's Chap. 4 sprite I changed it to Knight of Divinity and for Arithmetician, I changed it to Warlock.  Anyone know why I'm getting this error?   :?:

farva627

Ok I figured it out.  Knight of Divinity was too long of a name for that job, changed and it patched just fine.  But after playing I have run into a new error.

I changed up the Arithmetician job to Warlock, set up the skill set for spells that normally wouldn't be available, blah blah.  But when I go to use them in battle, the command is greyed out and it gives me the error: No known abilities can be used with Arithmeticks.  is there a way around this or should I choose a different job to replace?

Paheej

Yo man, you need to go the "Actions" tab in FFT Patcher and change "Math Skill" from Arithmetiks to Default.  That should allow you to use normal skills instead of math skills.

Pseudo

Is it possible to actually edit the Arithmetik skills or can they only be replaced? I changed the action menu from Arithmetiks to default and went to each of the skills and changed them from Arithmetiks to Normal but the attributes part doesn't show up.

formerdeathcorps

You cannot edit calculator abilities without ASM.  You can, however, replace all of the abilities in the (15 Math Skill) job command with your own and set the action menu to default.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Pseudo

Ah, figured as much. Thanks for the clarification.