• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 05, 2024, 11:50:59 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

A quick question

Started by D-roo the Destroyer, January 26, 2010, 05:17:08 pm

D-roo the Destroyer

Ive been lurking on the boards for a while and I created this account recently so if Im posting this in the wrong section Im sorry no hard feelings.

Anyway I was curious if anyone would know if its possible to transfer game files from a ps3 system to a pc. Ive been looking at the playstation store and I was wondering if you could buy the ps one copy of fft and transfer it to pc to run on an emulator. If this is possible I would love to know cuz this will save me a couple bucks. Thanks

Paheej

You can find an IMG of the original PSX version many places online.  In general it is taboo to place such links on these forums; but if you have a PS3 copy of the game I'd have no qualms about helping you get a copy to run on emulator.

If you are unable to find a copy or anyone else here can't help you transfer from ps3 to pc, I'll hook you up, just shoot me an e-mail:
excellenceincarnate AT triad.rr.com
(replace AT with @)

VampragonLord

Mr. Quick is a lone assassin, and the last of his race, who travels Ivalice in search of gil, jobs that pay gil, people with loose pockets, people with tight-but-easily-picked pockets and the man responsible for the genocide of the moogles in Valendia. He has a thick accent, he swears a lot, he doesn't like when humans look at him for too long and he drinks liquor with mosfungus, because it sharpens him up and prepares him for a little bit of ultraviolence.

He encounters Philsov and Fanatic in Goland, during Part II of the The Chronicles of Kanbabrif, a fan-made, cinematic, non-playable psuedo-sequel to FFT. Very little is known about Mr. Quick, but recently-leaked footage reveals that he has the ability to walk three panels, insta-cast Quick on himself, walk three more panels, insta-cast Quick again, and Ignore the **** out of Height when obstacles are presented. He's strong, fast, and his high HP leaves him a nice window of opportunity for Critical Quick, which, in combination with his theoretically infinite move range, means he can get over to anyone on the screen and insta-cast Shock on multiple targets. Mr. Quick isn't one to be trifled with.

Mr. Quick: Tha shet're ya lookin' at, flesh peppy!?

Philsov: Nothing.. I mean, no.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to--

Mr. Quick: Sem humes're jest beggin' fer a frenzied sleppin.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

D-roo the Destroyer

Quote from: "Paheej"You can find an IMG of the original PSX version many places online.  In general it is taboo to place such links on these forums; but if you have a PS3 copy of the game I'd have no qualms about helping you get a copy to run on emulator.

If you are unable to find a copy or anyone else here can't help you transfer from ps3 to pc, I'll hook you up, just shoot me an e-mail:
(replace AT with @)

ok so you mean its possible to accomplish this?

Paheej

I doubt it, but I'm not an expert on the PSX games in the PS3 store.  I was saying that if you couldn't get it to transfer I can get you an ISO of the original game.  However this forum does not allow links to ISO files - so if you want you will have to email me.  

I believe the format used by the PS3 is different than the standard CD ISO or IMG formats.  And thus does not work on a normal emulator.

Vanya

In the future please direct all questions to the Help forum. Thank you for your cooperation. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zypher

Games from the PSN store are eboots i think but I have yet to hear any word if they're the same as PSP eboots. If in fact they are then theoretically you can get the .ISO/IMG from the eboot using a program that can do so. Since I don't have a PS3 I can't test this out myself, so please take what I say with a pillar of salt.
Doing a lolhaxx playthrough of WotL 1.3

Paheej

If you can extract ISO/IMG from eboots then they probably are the same because you can put all the PSX games on your PSP.  The thing is can you repackage them as eboots also?  Because that means you could play mods without custom firmware which would be the shit.

Zypher

Yes I can repackage them into eboots as well as extract from said eboots with the program I mentioned but I don't have a PS3 much less a CFW enabled PS3 (or the equivalent of a modded PS3 idk the current jargon to describe it) so I'm unsure of what requirements if any are needed on the PS3 side of things to play an eboot containing a patched ISO/IMG
>_>
although to be fair i might be over thinking how serious Sony is in terms of having any checksum equivalent for eboots when they are played on the PS3

Note: The above is mostly theory and conjecture since I have little to no idea as to the practicality of the roadblocks if any that may be present (in regards to the matter at hand)

EDIT: Upon further thought my hyper imaginative road blocks are baseless since eboots can be played on the PS3 via the remote play feature i'll still need to test this theory

Paheej

Wait, I have access to a PS3.  Do you want to package something as an eboot and see if I can get it to run on a PS3 or PSP?

Zypher

hmmm

sure why not

or if you'd like i could send you the program and you can do it from your end since I've never distributed large files like an EBOOT before on rapidshare or anything like that

the program is very easy to use (I'm a testament to that)

Paheej

sure dude, let me see it:

(Replace " AT " with "@")

Zypher

email sent i made mention as to the specifics that got it running on my PSP on the off chance that it makes any difference