• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 09:05:21 am

New Skills

Started by zephyrmist, January 08, 2010, 05:03:00 pm

zephyrmist

Hi.. i just created 4 new skills replacing 4 knight skills
Power Break> Water Pulse [Darkness] (Holy Water)
Speed Break> Ether Strike [Slow]        (Bolt)
Magic Break> Flame Array [Innocent]  (Flame Attack)
Mind Break> Wind Storm   [Sleep]       (178Tentacle)

and.. Thief
Gil Taking> Air Ambush    [Poison]      (150Tackle)

The Formula i used is
31: Dmg_((PA+Y)/2*PA)

The skills work but when i attack, the damage appears before the animation and this happens twice everytime it is used.
eg. Knight uses Flame Array, 78 damage seen>Animation> 78 damage>Animation.
Another thing is when i try to make them into AOE skill, the animation only appears on the targetted unit but not those that are in the AOE
It works for the skill with bolt animation but not the rest.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Conlius

I tried to do something very similar with these abilities.

I tried to turn stat breaks into the ruin abilities.  I wanted a magic break that would be like the magic ruin from FFT 1.3 but keep the original magic ruin for bosses (turning it into instant cast of course).  This way there would be a weaker ranged version with the same animation for players...and an uber overpowered one for bosses.  Long story short, I made the two look EXACTLY the same in the patcher ability list and had this very problem with the break one only.  

I looked at the animation tab and it shows that the ruins are 01 00 00 and the breaks are 07 00 00.

I am going to make them the same and test.  I'll reply with my findings.

SilvasRuin

If I remember correctly, that first set of digits is the animation the character makes to initiate the ability.  Depending on what you set it to, you can have the character attack with their weapon, use the casting lines, the summon bubbles, or any of the other ones.  I have no idea what animation is what without staring at it and probably applying critical thinking though.

Conlius

SilvasRuin is correct.  After doing some reading I figured out that the animations tab is solely for the character animations.

As in...when the character casts the spell...he does a certain animation.  For example you could change magic ruin to start with a summon instead of just sucking in energy.

I am under the impression that it is something coded into the ability or the animation....or a combination of both.  Either way, it isn't changeable in the patcher from my experimenting.