• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 07:52:23 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

What is your favorite quote of all times?

Started by Caesus, December 22, 2009, 10:19:14 pm

Caesus

December 22, 2009, 10:19:14 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Caesus
Mine would come from the movie of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. It is... by Clark:

QuoteHey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?

What is your favorite quote?

philsov

December 23, 2009, 10:12:43 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
There's a lot to pick from.  This should work though.

Quote from: "Robert Anton Wilson"There came unto the High Chapperal one who had studied in the schools of the Purple Sage and of the Hung Mung Tong and of the Illuminati and of the many other schools; and this one had found no peace yet.

Yea: of the Discordians and the teachers of the Mummu and of the Nazarene and of the Buddha he had studied; and he had found no peace yet.

And he spake to the High Chapperal and said: Give me a sign, that I may believe.

And the High Chapperal said unto him: Leave my presence, and seek ye the horizon and the sign shall come unto you, and ye shall seek no more.

And the man turned and sought of the horizon; but the High Chapperal crept up behind him and raised his foot and did deliver a most puissant kick in the man's arse, which smarted much and humiliated the seeker grievously.

He who has eyes, let him read and understand.

-"The Book of Grandmotherly Kindness,"
    The Dishonest Book of Lies, by Mordecai Malignatus, K.N.S.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

woodenbandman

December 23, 2009, 11:08:12 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
I unfortunately can't find or remember it.

However I do really like this one:

QuotePresumptuous man. The reason wouldst thou find
Why formed so weak, so little, and so blind?
First, if thou canst, the harder reason guess
Why formed no weaker, blinder, and no less?

Adam Pope

Bastard Poetry

December 24, 2009, 03:37:51 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
@Philsov: All hail Eris, fnord!

This is my favorite quote of all time:

Quote from: "Douglas Adams""Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it afterall." - Dirk Gently

Although there are many passages from Moby Dick that threaten to nudge in and take over:

Quote from: "Herman Melville""Hark ye yet again--the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event--in the living act, the undoubted deed--there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough. He tasks me; he heaps me; I see in him outrageous strength, with an inscrutable malice sinewing it. That inscrutable thing is chiefly what I hate; and be the white whale agent, or be the white whale principal, I will wreak that hate upon him. Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me. For could the sun do that, then could I do the other; since there is ever a sort of fair play herein, jealousy presiding over all creations. But not my master, man, is even that fair play. Who's over me? Truth hath no confines. Take off thine eye! more intolerable than fiends' glarings is a doltish stare! So, so; thou reddenest and palest; my heat has melted thee to anger-glow. But look ye, Starbuck, what is said in heat, that thing unsays itself. There are men from whom warm words are small indignity." - Captain Ahab

As far as movie quotes are concerned:

Quote"You're familiar with the phrase 'Man's reach exceeds his grasp?' It's a lie: man's grasp exceeds his nerve."
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

VampragonLord

December 24, 2009, 04:29:41 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VampragonLord
QuoteJunk:
Bludgeo'ed for hammer
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

akwikone

December 24, 2009, 11:49:59 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by akwikone
the first couple of mine are from Samuel Clemens

QuoteImagine your a politition, now imagine you an idiot, oh wait I've repeated myself

QuoteI will only smoke one cigar, at a time

Quote"'Spress yourself"-Stevie Ray Vaughn

Quote"Life isn't like a bowl cherries, it's more a like a jar of jalapeno's, what you do to day, may burn you ass tommorrow"-Garfield

QuoteDon't blame us, blame yourself, or god

QuoteCan't stop here, bat country

DarthPaul

December 24, 2009, 03:14:23 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Suwa Daisuke"I can understand your feelings. If you can't have it, you want to destroy it...
Quote from: "Suwa Daisuke"She and I...Certainly the day will come when the two of us must part. But until that day comes...
Quote from: "Paul Smecker"They had no idea what they were in for. Now they're staring at six men wit guns drawn. It was a fuckin ambush. This was a fucking bomb dropping on Beavercleaverville. For a few seconds this place was Armageddon. THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Kaijyuu

December 24, 2009, 04:46:25 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
You all sound like chapters from a self-help booklet.
  • Modding version: PSX

Paheej

Srsly?  No Nietzshe quotes?  Weak Sauce.

QuoteEvery specific body strives to become master over all space and to extend its force.

Samuraiblackbelt

QuoteIf they give you ruled paper, write the other way
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Zypher

QuoteI'm a traitor to who we are brother....but not to who we could be
Doing a lolhaxx playthrough of WotL 1.3

Archael

Quote from: "Kaijyuu"You all sound like chapters from a self-help booklet.

fftrdx

Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"
What if the ruled paper says write the other way?

Samuraiblackbelt

Quote from: "fftrdx"
Quote from: "Samuraiblackbelt"
What if the ruled paper says write the other way?

write diagonally
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Shade

QuoteI always imagined you as a chainsaw shark with nunchucks.

Upupupu...

Zetsubou

stiffanbond

My favorite quotes are:

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." - Mark Twain
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. - M. Gandhi
"If you talk to God, you are praying; if God talks to you, you have schizophrenia." Thomas Szasz

Dome

Hey, that's...
That blue hedgehog again, of all places...
I found you, faker!
Faker? I think you are the fake hedgehog around here. You're comparing yourself to me?...ah! You' re not even good enough to be my faker
I'll make you eat those words!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Wiz

I don't have an absolute fav, so here's some at the top of my head.

"Dissension is the greatest form of patriotism." Thomas Jefferson

"Is our children learning?" George W. Bush

"I WANNA BE THE GUY!" The Kid

"I don't want a piece of you, I want the whole thing!" Bob Barker (Happy Gilmore)

"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed by small children and large nations."
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

The one I probably quote the most is surprisingly Zalmo from FFT.

Really the line "You heretics don't fear God? I'll fix you!" Just always struck me as such a neat line, not sure why.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

BloodyBlade

QuoteJust Bring It! <- Dwayne The Rock Johnson

QuoteEnemies deserve no Mercy! Blame your Fate! Didn't Like That? <- Kratos from ToS

QuoteYou cant see Me! <-John Cena

QuoteKneel before your Master. <- Street Fighter Gill

QuoteCloud MOTHERFUCKN STRIFE <- My quote

QuoteSquareEnix, if you dont like it, you just not playing it right. <- Friend made this quote. Epicness.

So many quotes to choose from. Dont feel like spamming. Oh and I do like the Shadow and Sonic quote Dome.