• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 04:11:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Red Mage Double Cast?

Started by Jon, December 14, 2009, 02:38:22 pm

Jon

December 14, 2009, 02:38:22 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
I can't figure this out- is it possible to make Doublecast, not in the sense that a spell goes off twice like the Hydras Thunderbolt or whatever, but a Skillset that allows you to cast a normal spell, like Fira, twice? Is this possible? I bet there is a simple solution, but I can't figure it out...thanks for any help...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

SolidSnakeDog

December 17, 2009, 12:09:04 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Hmm...if you use the formula the hydras is using (5E) and put for exemple *Fire* for the animation you will end up using Fire 3 times. (Give it the normal cost and CT the spell has....actually double the cost because you are using it 2 times)

You can change how much time the skill is used by changing the nombers at : *X : 2 Y : 12* (Base form hydra skill Triple thunder)
Just change the *X :2* to *X : 1* and you will get the double cast effect istend of triple.

Even if this is working you will get problems about the AOE because of the random factor. (Unless you plan on using it on an single taget that it)
You will aslo have a problem about the spell dammage. To fix this change the *Y : 12* value to the base strength of the spell you want to be used 2 times. Take fire for exemple : this has a value of *Y : 14* so change the value to this and there you go. you can use fire 2 time in an row. Using the same dammage has Fire the 2 times.
Lastly, on the bottom box, use the same flags for the spell you want to be used 2 times.

Hope this helped you.

Jon

December 17, 2009, 04:20:21 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
This is good, thank you. I think that the sacrafice of AOE is only fair with the Red Mage's double cast, otherwise the game may become too easy (even though vanilla is already easy enough). 1 target hit twice. Not bad. I can get rid of that whole Bio mess and make some room for Blizzard, Thunder, Fire and Cure which all hit a target twice. :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Vanya

December 17, 2009, 04:54:48 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
A true double cast ability like in FFTA/A2 would require some hefty ASM hacking. This is the closest you can get with the patcher alone.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

woodenbandman

December 18, 2009, 11:49:41 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
What about an ability that has an Aoe of 1, and is similar to the truth/untruth stuff, with 2 hits (not random). I can't really express what I mean, but It's an idea based on the truth skillset.

SilvasRuin

December 19, 2009, 06:15:23 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Um... that sounds exactly like the method that solidsnakedog already gave.

Though would unchecking Random Fire allow it to have a normal AoE when doing this?

Skip Sandwich

December 19, 2009, 03:43:53 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
yes it would, random fire is the flag that makes it hit a random square within the area, it works even with single hit skills. this is not to be confused with the random hits flag, which is just for the AI
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com