• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 06:11:06 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

jimmyjw88

Lol. The new guy. He pmed me too but I just replied set the palettes, swap the heads and voila.

As for the armor, since its Holy Knight Ramza, I actually like to see Cavalier's armor. Squire is a little bit normal though. Its just my opinion, anyway. So, up to you, Jon ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Jon

You all want me to make a Ramza headed Cavalier? No problem. That I could do. But the one I finished just now stays as it is, because imo Holy/White Knights suck. I like Dark Knights much better.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

The guy that PM'd me was named aln (or something like that), I replied to him and said I'm too busy, and to ask Jimmy or Jon :D

Yeah, screw that sprite, it's lame. But if you were to give him armoe and cape, then it might turn out good.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Well, only the chest, not the whole body, in my opinion. Well, just send that sprite to the guy. Don't bother about Cavalier chest unless you want to.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

So what all needs to be done with the Cannoneer? I noticed it's at 20 colors or so. I can pull it down, add the portrait, and then add all the palettes, but is that all you need, Jon?

Jon

Well, there is a Balbanes sprite I have here that was made by Bloodthirster (I think) with the Cavalier's armor, which means that pretty much all of the hard work was Smash's, that I could use as a base, but only if someone really wants a Ramza in cavalier armor. Otherwise, I want to work on some of my other projects, like some of the older FF jobs that never made it into FFT. If anyone wants a certain job made, just tell me (as long as I like it/want to make it) but it has to be from the older games (FF9 and down).

@Mav- that would be awesome! Thank you very much! I believe that Kage's shaded version is at 16 colors, that is the one that I use...if it is over 16 please let me know which ones I should change, if that is not too much trouble for you. Cannoneer will finally get finished and submitted :)

jimmyjw88

Alright then, forget about that Cavalier Ramza.

Kagebunji

Jon

Have any of you played the remake of FF5 for GBA? That is where I got the idea for the Cannoneer. I am pretty sure you all know the original jobs in that game, like Mystic Knight, Blue and Red Mages, Elementalist, Ranger and so on that never made it to FFT, but the newer ones, Cannoneer, Gladiator, Necromancer, and Oracle(different version) are what I am really interested in. I want to definetly give the Gladiator and Necromancer a chance. Unless of course some one else has already made them. I think I will make those 2 sprites next...lemme know what y'all think please :D

@Kage- will think about remaking the female Ninja, that's a great idea!

jimmyjw88

Honestly, I only played FF7, FF9 and FFT. The others, never touch before >< Wasn't a FF fan previously. Am now but kinda late. Haha. But the idea sounds good and interesting ^^ Looking forward.

Jon

January 15, 2010, 12:03:31 pm #230 Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 12:13:16 pm by Jon
Ah, that is too bad Jim. I recommend (if you have time) to play some FF4, FF5 and FF6, because those Final Fantasies are really really good. They are all on the SNES btw. You will probably unfortunetly have to play them on the computer though through emu and roms...

Edit: So here it is, the original sprites which I will base my next 2 serious projects on-

Kagebunji

Or if you have psp, then download an emu of GBA for PSP, FF4, 5 and 6 all came out on GBA ^^

I beated 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and a lot of others non-mainstreams, I liked FF since I was a child :( *cry*

Jon

Good job Kage! I also beat almost all of them, never had a PS 2 or 3 though, but yeah, same as you up to #9 and tons of the side ones. (Just for your English Kage, 'beat' stays the same in past tense, *I beat or I have beaten*, just thought you might like to know) ;)

jimmyjw88

Ah, those sprite looks interesting. Looking forward guys.

SilvasRuin

Since those Gladiators are in a way in the same vein, I would prefer sprites made of these two:

Supposedly scrapped main character designs for IX.  They must have been considering using a V style job system or something.

jimmyjw88

Wow...interesting. Looks great. If able to pull this off, becomes great additions to the sprites for various use.

Kagebunji

Those sprites would be used for patches without a doubt. Great find SilvasRuin, try your best now Jon :)

And thanks for lesson, but I'm not good in english, so prepare to give me more lessons.

Jon

Very interesting. Okay first things first, I will make simple forward side views of everything, just as a base idea. This Bahamut Dragoon and Leviathan Dragoon are almost too good to be true :)

mav

Those are seriously badass, Silvas. They look tough though--you guys better help each other out like crazy, cause we could easily get a really nice sprite outta this. The Gladiator and Necromancer look pretty cool too; I wouldn't mind seeing any of these four concepts turned into sprites.

Jon

Oh, I will definetly try the Dragoons, but here is what I was making in the mean time (and I know it doesn't look too good...)

Next I will try my hand at the female Dragoon. Tell me what y'all think of the Necromancer's first stage!