• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 04:06:08 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Favorite Final Fantasy

Started by Smitson, December 01, 2009, 06:28:18 pm

Favorite Final Fantasy

I
0 (0%)
II
1 (1.8%)
III
1 (1.8%)
IV
6 (10.7%)
V
3 (5.4%)
VI
8 (14.3%)
VII
13 (23.2%)
VIII
5 (8.9%)
IX
12 (21.4%)
X
7 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: December 02, 2009, 03:37:50 pm

Zenius

December 16, 2009, 12:30:29 am #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
I didn't really like FF8 cause you can junction 100 Waters and make yourself OP pretty early in the game

Desocupado

December 16, 2009, 05:19:47 am #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Desocupado
FF V FTW
It's a FF that allows true job mixing, all kinds of combos are allowed (x-fight + double wield) heck even Samurai with summon magic works.
It has a cheesy humor, without autistics, depressive and boring characters, you always wanted dead (7 and 8, I look at yours big sword wielders).
  • Modding version: PSX

Zenius

December 16, 2009, 09:00:31 am #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
FFXIII is out tomorrow here in Japan
I WISH I HAD A PS3 SO BAD

WinterICE

December 16, 2009, 09:24:51 am #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by WinterICE
It's coming out on 360 also, but I assume you mean you have neither.

(out of the list) I've only played the remake of 1, VII (nearly on disc 2) and X. Why doesn't this list have X-2, XI, or XII? Only room for 10 options?

I preferred 12 in terms of gameplay over the others I've played because it's somewhat more frantic (I play with minimal gambits) - but I preferred X overall because the story and characters nudged it ahead of XII. I'm glad I played XII before X because if I played X first, I wouldn't have appreciated them as much as I do.

Can't wait for FFXIII in March (I'd have it earlier if it wasn't for Microsoft though [allegedly]), the JRPG flood begins for this console gen in February!

Oddly, I'm more hyped for FFXIV though. Maybe it's because I've never played a 'real' MMO before.

Zenius

December 16, 2009, 09:30:11 am #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
I'd play FFXIV if it didn't have a monthly payment
Since XI had one, I'm assuming it will too

Shade

December 17, 2009, 01:48:44 pm #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
1. Final Fantasy V
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Final Fantasy IV
5. Final Fantasy IX

If tactics would be there, it would be number 1.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Atsuro

December 17, 2009, 07:45:32 pm #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Atsuro
I have always preffered Final Fantasy 8, 10, and, 7 with the others lagging fairly far behind. I just could not get into them like a guy I know. I am terrible with Roman Numerals, so I may have misread the choices.

R999

9 for sure. and wow, I am surprised that 9 is actually leading the poll. Zidane needed Steal because they want you to steal all the good items for the game (so you must have him at all times), he also has a powerful second form...

I like Zidane's character don't know why people don't like him. There's a ton of char. development in 9 much more than other FF games. They are all lovable and fairly balanced. Love love love the characters (not just your controllable ones, but even the villains and a lot of town folk). Even Moogles have character development.

The game also has my favorite soundtrack of the entire series (reminds me a lot of FF6). It is such a masterpiece, from beginning till the ending. Everything was so well put together. The story and characters are perfect. It's the only game that really deserves the name "Fantasy" in its title; the world is so complete, so fantasy-lke, yet it feels like you are living in the world when you play the game. Much more so than the other FF games imo. You know that "Disney" or "Pixar" films feeling? And I love how they explained a lot of things in the game to make things more "believable". Like how Summoners existed, etc.

Playing FF7 and FF8 were fun... but by the time I finished the game... it was more or less a drag on. I spent more time grinding and collecting stuff in 7/8 than actually being drawn into the story. FF6 would be my second vote if I had to choose. Wish they would completely redo FF6 someday though.

Shade

I wished that I would know wtf! is Zidane?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

raulista

Pseudo

I've only played three FF games and they are Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Final Fantasy 12, in that order. But in terms of favorite FF, it would be something like this:

1. Final Fantasy Tactics
2. Final Fantasy 12
3. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Mari

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Bastard Poetry

It's amazing how many people fail to notice the first post.

He clearly stated that this is for the numerical FFs only.

It is ASSUMED that FFT is everyone's number 1, regardless of whether anyone states otherwise.

Sheesh.

I don't want to sound like a total creep or anything, but I totally want to abduct, rape and murder all of you now.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Mari

Quote from: "Bastard Poetry"It's amazing how many people fail to notice the first post.

It is ASSUMED that FFT is everyone's number 1, regardless of whether anyone states otherwise.

Sheesh.

I don't want to sound like a total creep or anything, but I totally want to abduct, rape and murder all of you now.
Bastard.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Dominic NY18

Quote from: "Bastard Poetry"It's amazing how many people fail to notice the first post.

Sheesh.

:shock:  ROFLMAO

Samuraiblackbelt

Sheesh.

I have an excuse, it didn't say anything about only being numbered FFs when the topic was first started.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Bastard Poetry

Yeah it did.

Don't try to backpedal argue defend yourself ad hominen de facto white-knight yourself.

SamuraiBUTTbelt.

Hope this helps.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)