• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

This topic is now about competitive pokemon battles

Started by Dome, November 18, 2009, 01:35:18 am

I did right or wrong?

Right
1 (4.2%)
Wrong
8 (33.3%)
YOU DOESNT AFRAID OF ANYTHING!!!
8 (33.3%)
Dome for spam mod111
7 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 18, 2009, 01:35:18 am

Aquilae

November 19, 2009, 07:53:04 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquilae
That is a pretty ridiculous assumption to make. Lots of pokemon in the 105+ speed group can consistently stop Garchomp. Furthermore, with the implementation of Latias as OU, Garchomp either has to run Haban or Yache, both opening it up to kills from Ice Shard / Ice Beam and Latias respectively. Also, Scizor Bullet Punch does like 60-70%, making Garchomp significantly easier to revenge-kill.

Infernape - NP Ape runs HP Ice, CC would put a big dent into it otherwise, moreso with the SD version. BulkyApe fails.
Gengar - LO Shadow Ball doesn't KO but does 70-80% IIRC, CS Gars also run HP Ice to stop DDMence / DDNite so it also helps against Garchomp
Latias - LO Dragon Pulse OHKOs non-Haban Chomps, Dragon Pulse does like 80-90% without LO. LO Draco Meteor OHKOs all Garchomps unless they're running SpD EVs and a Haban Berry
Starmie - Almost every Starmie runs Ice Beam unless they're a Reflect version, and LO Star hits it very hard with Hydro Pump
Azelf - Has to rely on its' STAB Psychic to put a dent into it, can't hurt it much otherwise but it can Explode on it
Weavile - ...no comment
Aerodactyl - Garchomp is going to switch into this guy and not the other way round since he can't do anything significant
Jolteon - HP Ice!
Ninjask - lol
:gay:

Dome

November 20, 2009, 02:01:28 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
None of them is so treatening as Garchomp IMHO
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/garchomp

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Aquilae

November 20, 2009, 05:41:31 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquilae
>_>
It doesn't matter whether any of them are as threatening as Garchomp. The point is Garchomp is not the unbeatable pokemon you made it out to be. It can't defend against revenge-kills, especially with Scizor and Latias running around. Salamence with Outrage in the DP metagame would have been borderline broken too, smashing Blissey for like 60% (Bold) - 70% (Calm), if not for Latias and Scizor ruining the party. HG / SS has some significant differences with the DP metagame, so Garchomp has to be reconsidered and not treated like ITS UBER BANBANBAN

Also, I've read all of the smogon OU analyses already, I've also been keeping tabs on Garchomp's status during the discussion period and the eventual banning on the forums. I don't need a link to that.

Dome

November 20, 2009, 07:15:24 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Garchomp is uber, and his trait is uberpowa xD

Kaijyuu

November 20, 2009, 09:16:28 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Dome's logic so far is infallible. Can't say the same for Aquilae.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

November 20, 2009, 09:31:57 am #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
This topic is now about competitive pokemon battles!
Quote from: "Kaijyuu"Dome's logic so far is infallible. Can't say the same for Aquilae.
Thanks Kaijyuu, at least you understand :-)

Dome

December 17, 2009, 05:22:36 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
I'd like to build a Hail team
Someone can give me some hint?
Stallrein
Abomasnow
And?

Aquilae

December 17, 2009, 05:39:21 am #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquilae
Stallrein is a staple, Abomasnow should be offensive since it fails at anything else. Choice Scarf / Choice Band is a good choice, but outside of Stallrein hail teams generally suck.

Still, you should have it revolve around Stallrein, throw in a Taunt Skarm with Spikes / Taunt / Brave Bird / Roost which will turn lots of walls into setup fodder. For TSpikes you could use either Nidoqueen or defensive Roserade, the former able to stop Luke in a pinch and wall Heracross, the latter stopping quite a few special threats. I'd go for defensive Roserade, I forgot the spread but max / max +SDef nature should do. Rotom-H is literally the best spin blocker, so throw in a Scarfer, @Scarf Timid Max SpA / SpD, TB / Overheat / Trick / Shadow Ball. Tar is a problem especially the mixed sets, so throw in a Hariyama as a bulky go-to guy, with Rest / STalk / WW / Force Palm to spread the spikes love. You could also use Hitmontop, it's much frailer but can spin and still stops Tar.

Dome

December 17, 2009, 05:51:57 am #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Thanks for the suggestions Aquilae!
Ok, let's see to start

Abomasnow, SubSeeder
Item: Lumberry  252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD Relaxed
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Blizzard
~ Protect
This is the lead of the team, his role is to bring the permanent hail and to stall with leech seed+substitute, using protect to score some free heal and blizzard to kill grass type that are immune to Leech seed

Walrein, Stallrein
Item: Leftovers 220 HP / 240 Def / 48 Spe Bold
~ Protect
~ Substitute
~ Toxic
~ Surf
Stallrein, his role is to stall as much as he can in order to allow the hail to rack up damage

Skarmory, Physical wall, spiker and taunter
Item: Shed shell
~ Spikes
~ Taunt
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost
His role is to stop Physical attacks, set up entry hazards and taunt to make walls almost useless, shed shell is used to escape Magnezone that can easily set up on this and kill the steel bird

Dusknoir, spin blocker and tank
252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def Impish
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Earthquake
~ ThunderPunch

Harihama, Bulky man and pseudo-hazer
80 HP / 172 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe Impish
~ Rest
~ STalk
~ Whirlwhind
~ Force Palm

This is the "beta" of the team
First of all, I dont want to remove Dusknoir, because he is one of my favourite pokemon ever, even if rotom is better
I still have to decide the ev/nature of Skarmory, the item for Dusknoir, the item for harihama and 1 more pokemon to add (Maybe a wisher like blissey?)
Feel free to give any suggestion you want

Smitson

December 20, 2009, 12:32:52 am #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Lol Domes team is weak.

Kokojo

December 20, 2009, 12:35:09 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
ProfileChat Now!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Final Fantasy Hacktics Forum Index -> Spam

I did right or wrong?
     Right
     Wrong
     Dome for spam mod111
View Results

Aquilae (Posts: 320)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:53 am
That is a pretty ridiculous assumption to make. Lots of pokemon in the 105+ speed group can consistently stop Garchomp. Furthermore, with the implementation of Latias as OU, Garchomp either has to run Haban or Yache, both opening it up to kills from Ice Shard / Ice Beam and Latias respectively. Also, Scizor Bullet Punch does like 60-70%, making Garchomp significantly easier to revenge-kill.

Infernape - NP Ape runs HP Ice, CC would put a big dent into it otherwise, moreso with the SD version. BulkyApe fails.
Gengar - LO Shadow Ball doesn't KO but does 70-80% IIRC, CS Gars also run HP Ice to stop DDMence / DDNite so it also helps against Garchomp
Latias - LO Dragon Pulse OHKOs non-Haban Chomps, Dragon Pulse does like 80-90% without LO. LO Draco Meteor OHKOs all Garchomps unless they're running SpD EVs and a Haban Berry
Starmie - Almost every Starmie runs Ice Beam unless they're a Reflect version, and LO Star hits it very hard with Hydro Pump
Azelf - Has to rely on its' STAB Psychic to put a dent into it, can't hurt it much otherwise but it can Explode on it
Weavile - ...no comment
Aerodactyl - Garchomp is going to switch into this guy and not the other way round since he can't do anything significant
Jolteon - HP Ice!
Ninjask - lol

Dome (Posts: 843)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:01 am

SentinalBlade, Kokojo, Dormin Jake, darthpaul, Sephirot24, Bastard Poetry, Samuraiblackbelt,
Bloodthirster0, Zypher wrote:
Dome For Spam Mod! all other resistance is futile

Super mario sunshine flash game blind run!
1.3030 Colliery subquest complete run
Super Robotnik land walkthrough plus secrets
Complete Elmdor fight, all genji equip stolen, 1.3030 version
FFT 1.3028 complete walkthrough lame challenge
Sonic 1 Green hill zone act 1 in 29 seconds!

Aquilae (Posts: 320)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:41 am
>_>
It doesn't matter whether any of them are as threatening as Garchomp. The point is Garchomp is not the unbeatable pokemon you made it out to be. It can't defend against revenge-kills, especially with Scizor and Latias running around. Salamence with Outrage in the DP metagame would have been borderline broken too, smashing Blissey for like 60% (Bold) - 70% (Calm), if not for Latias and Scizor ruining the party. HG / SS has some significant differences with the DP metagame, so Garchomp has to be reconsidered and not treated like ITS UBER BANBANBAN

Also, I've read all of the smogon OU analyses already, I've also been keeping tabs on Garchomp's status during the discussion period and the eventual banning on the forums. I don't need a link to that.

Dome (Posts: 843)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:15 pm

SentinalBlade, Kokojo, Dormin Jake, darthpaul, Sephirot24, Bastard Poetry, Samuraiblackbelt,

Kaijyuu (Posts: 414)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:16 pm

Dome (Posts: 843)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:31 pm
Kaijyuu wrote:

Thanks Kaijyuu, at least you understand Smile

Dome (Posts: 843)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:22 am
Stallrein
Abomasnow
And?

Aquilae (Posts: 320)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:39 am
Stallrein is a staple, Abomasnow should be offensive since it fails at anything else. Choice Scarf / Choice Band is a good choice, but outside of Stallrein hail teams generally suck.

Still, you should have it revolve around Stallrein, throw in a Taunt Skarm with Spikes / Taunt / Brave Bird / Roost which will turn lots of walls into setup fodder. For TSpikes you could use either Nidoqueen or defensive Roserade, the former able to stop Luke in a pinch and wall Heracross, the latter stopping quite a few special threats. I'd go for defensive Roserade, I forgot the spread but max / max +SDef nature should do. Rotom-H is literally the best spin blocker, so throw in a Scarfer, @Scarf Timid Max SpA / SpD, TB / Overheat / Trick / Shadow Ball. Tar is a problem especially the mixed sets, so throw in a Hariyama as a bulky go-to guy, with Rest / STalk / WW / Force Palm to spread the spikes love. You could also use Hitmontop, it's much frailer but can spin and still stops Tar.

Dome (Posts: 843)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:51 am
Ok, let's see to start

Abomasnow, SubSeeder
Item: Lumberry 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD Relaxed
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Blizzard
~ Protect
This is the lead of the team, his role is to bring the permanent hail and to stall with leech seed+substitute, using protect to score some free heal and blizzard to kill grass type that are immune to Leech seed

Walrein, Stallrein
~ Protect
~ Substitute
~ Toxic
~ Surf
Stallrein, his role is to stall as much as he can in order to allow the hail to rack up damage

~ Spikes
~ Taunt
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost
His role is to stop Physical attacks, set up entry hazards and taunt to make walls almost useless, shed shell is used to escape Magnezone that can easily set up on this and kill the steel bird

~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Earthquake
~ ThunderPunch

~ Rest
~ STalk
~ Whirlwhind
~ Force Palm

First of all, I dont want to remove Dusknoir, because he is one of my favourite pokemon ever, even if rotom is better
I still have to decide the ev/nature of Skarmory, the item for Dusknoir, the item for harihama and 1 more pokemon to add (Maybe a wisher like blissey?)

Smitson (Posts: 454)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:32 am
Lol Domes team is weak.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       Final Fantasy Hacktics Forum Index -> Spam

I did right or wrong?
     Right
     Wrong
     Dome for spam mod111
View Results

Aquilae (Posts: 320)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:53 am

Weavile - ...no comment
Jolteon - HP Ice!
Ninjask - lol

Dome (Posts: 843)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:01 am

Aquilae (Posts: 320)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:41 am
>_>

Dome (Posts: 843)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Kaijyuu (Posts: 414)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:16 pm

Dome (Posts: 843)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:31 pm
Kaijyuu wrote:

Dome (Posts: 843)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:22 am
Stallrein
Abomasnow
And?

Aquilae (Posts: 320)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:39 am

Dome (Posts: 843)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:51 am
Ok, let's see to start

Abomasnow, SubSeeder
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Blizzard
~ Protect

Walrein, Stallrein
~ Protect
~ Substitute
~ Toxic
~ Surf

~ Spikes
~ Taunt
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost

~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Earthquake
~ ThunderPunch

~ Rest
~ STalk
~ Whirlwhind
~ Force Palm

Smitson (Posts: 454)    Reply with quote View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:32 am
Lol Domes team is weak.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

I did right or wrong?
     Right
     Wrong
     Dome for spam mod111
View Results

Weavile - ...no comment
Jolteon - HP Ice!
Ninjask - lol

>_>

Kaijyuu wrote:

Stallrein
Abomasnow
And?

Ok, let's see to start

Abomasnow, SubSeeder
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Blizzard
~ Protect

Walrein, Stallrein
~ Protect
~ Substitute
~ Toxic
~ Surf

~ Spikes
~ Taunt
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost

~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Earthquake
~ ThunderPunch

~ Rest
~ STalk
~ Whirlwhind
~ Force Palm

Lol Domes team is weak.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

I did right or wrong?
     Right
     Wrong
     Dome for spam mod111
View Results

Weavile - ...no comment
Jolteon - HP Ice!
Ninjask - lol

>_>

Kaijyuu wrote:

Stallrein
Abomasnow
And?

Ok, let's see to start

Abomasnow, SubSeeder
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Blizzard
~ Protect

Walrein, Stallrein
~ Protect
~ Substitute
~ Toxic
~ Surf

~ Spikes
~ Taunt
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost

~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Earthquake
~ ThunderPunch

~ Rest
~ STalk
~ Whirlwhind
~ Force Palm

Lol Domes team is weak.

Dome

December 20, 2009, 04:12:03 am #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
...lolpenis
Quote from: "Smitson"Lol Domes team is weak.
Then, tell how to improve or GTFO bitch

Kaijyuu

December 20, 2009, 05:34:40 am #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Replace them all with pikachus.

Dome

December 20, 2009, 05:40:40 am #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Kaijyuu"Replace them all with pikachus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P7UXaHe5P8

Aquilae

December 20, 2009, 10:23:52 am #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquilae
5 pokemon yo.

Also, Dusknoir sucks.

Dome

December 20, 2009, 01:36:46 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Quote from: "Aquilae"Also, Dusknoir sucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P7UXaHe5P8

Archael

December 20, 2009, 02:49:39 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I dont know anything about competitive pokemon

Smitson

December 20, 2009, 04:37:28 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "Dome"...lolpenis
Quote from: "Smitson"Lol Domes team is weak.
Then, tell how to improve or GTFO bitch

Fire rapes you.

Dome

December 20, 2009, 05:07:00 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
Fire is way too generic, it hits super effectively only 2 of my pokemon
Explain more

Kaijyuu

December 21, 2009, 12:25:37 am #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Ok ok, 5 pikachus and 1 blastoise to counter the previously mentioned fire.