• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Making Defend Reduce Physical Damage by 50% (ASM Hacking)

Started by Paheej, October 23, 2009, 04:50:11 am

Paheej

So I've Downloaded FFTorgASM and I noticed it has a hack called "Defend Reduce Physical Damage by 25%" which is pretty cool.  But I think that it should reduce damage by 50% (or maybe 33%) considering it not only takes you an action but also takes a slot.

I figure this should be a simple fix, but I have no clue about how to do that.  Is there a guide or thread about this?  A search turned up some ASM request threads but they all seem to just be people requesting things that one person puts into the FFTorgASM program.

MiKeMiTchi

October 23, 2009, 04:54:50 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
have you looked into this?
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/ASM_Hacking
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Paheej

October 23, 2009, 05:04:04 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Paheej
I've seen the Wiki, but I didn't see the "Defend Reduce Physical Damage by 25%" hack there.  I assume it was a recent addition.  On the other hand I noticed the code/location for Statuses -> Defending is there which I assume is what you have to edit.

Vanya

October 23, 2009, 08:24:55 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
What I would do is copy down the hex values of that ASM hack and download a document with the op code values for MIPS ASM.
Once you have the information on the op codes and know what they do it should be easy to identify the instruction that does the division.
Then all you have to do is adjust it accordingly.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Paheej

October 31, 2009, 04:45:30 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Paheej
Another ASM question.  Most status type stuff has a default chance of happening 25% of the time.  Is there any way to set this to 33%?  I was thinking mainly for geomancers but it wouldn't be that huge of a deal if it happened everywhere.

Random other question - Can I replace Byblos with a custom class/sprite/character?  I think it seems you can but . . .