• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 09:52:18 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Portrait Making made easy

Started by Seushiro, October 06, 2009, 10:41:19 am

jimmyjw88

October 07, 2009, 11:56:53 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Very very nice idea there Seu. Really; definitely will help improve spriting and portrait-making skills. Well done ^^
I'll try some too, when I'm available ^^
Quote from: "MikeMitchi"Seu, jimmy has a collection of portraits too. In case you don't know.
About that, it's not all portraits, just some. I'll post them when I finished compiling all the portraits ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

scatttman

October 07, 2009, 05:04:10 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by scatttman
the calculator with mustache looks funny lol

Krobelus

October 07, 2009, 06:36:50 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Krobelus
@Jimmy - I think you posted a collection somewhere. I remember saving it to my computer and I sent it in a PM to Seushiro recently. I think he's gonna get everyone's permission first before stripping the portraits of their "parts".

Seushiro

October 07, 2009, 07:02:16 pm #23 Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 09:18:49 pm by Seushiro
I Change my mind with the Sprite ConCreat and will include an option there to make the portraits. . .

I am currently done cutting the heads and the body bases for the Sprite Concept creator. . . for the portraits I have not chopped anything as of yet because for this to works I have a few suggestions:

1. Coming up with the first set of skin tones. This is so we can easily combine pics because the face colors are different

2. We need help and I dont think me and Mike would suffice in collating the parts if we want this done a bit sooner than anyone would expect.

a.) Conceptors: Designs the back ground layout that I will put in Flash for the back drops while editing the ingame art

b.) Cutters: I'm sure most of us have Shishi in this Community and we can distribute the cutting of parts. . . for example from 00 - CHapter 1 Ramza to 04 Delita eyes only. then someone else will take on the hair. another on clothes.

c.) testers: I dont think we need this to be open for a volunteer. . .  for the group that creates this Creator we will be the testers  to see first what we need to adjust before releasing or improving beta "test" versions.

Here is my idea for the main screens. . . it is much like playing the game itself with sounds too. . .

Krobelus

October 07, 2009, 07:15:22 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Krobelus
For the portraits you can have the base (shape of face, along with changing the tone at will), then have all the things like eyes and smiles and such. But some portraits are facing up and some are facing straight and some are facing down. The fact that some portraits face opposites is an easy remedy, just flip it. You can get a bunch of ideas from here:
http://www.charas-project.net/charas2/index.php?lang=en&generator=2

It's a face maker for RPG Maker 2003.

There is also one for character sets:
http://www.charas-project.net/charas2/index.php?lang=en&generator=1

It might give you guys some ideas when making the test program.

Seushiro

October 07, 2009, 07:25:38 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Seushiro
We can do it like that but I dont want their layout and style. . . i rather have it where either you have a button that moves to the next part and adds (like Making a SIM from EA's SIM's) or having a drop down box which would say eyes "click" all eyes appear and just drag to your portrait, same with other parts very interactive and more customization involved. . .

but no Rush if others like the idea then the development team does it. . .

scatttman

October 07, 2009, 08:13:08 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by scatttman
i will help you seushiro cuting parts or doing the skin tones just give me my homework and ill do it