• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 12:18:28 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Knox' Sprites etc.

Started by Knox, September 20, 2009, 10:34:38 pm

Knox

Sure why not, let's see it :D
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

mav

Alrighty, and feel free not to use it. Basically I stretched out the face by width and squared out the jaw. It may not be the look you're going for--so feel free not to use it.

Knox

May 20, 2010, 01:24:51 am #142 Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 01:40:23 am by Knox
I might just use it but ill change the mouth around a bit.

And i have some good news, its not an original outfitting, but i hope to make little tidbits and changes along it and i think the biggest difference will be the new hair.
So far its going well, just having trouble with the sideview a bit, as you'll see here in a minute.

Backside, and Back pose giving me issues now too, not sure what would look good; maybe i should go for a plain back look or something? I speak of the hair, of course.

I'll try the plain look and post it later and you guys can tell me if it fits or not.
~Auranhiem

jimmyjw88

Yeah, side view need fixes. Missing front hair.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Knox

Not sure how to make it work yet, its gonna take some fiddling, i got so lucky with the front view its not even funny.

And here we go, how does this look?

~Auranhiem

mav

Heh, this is reminding me a lot of BloodThirster's sprite, but that's alright. The sprite looks good to me, though I'm not sure I like the color combination all that much. It doesn't look bad, I just feel like we see too many sprites being dressed in brown. A sleek black and red combination would look very interesting on this sprite, but that's all up to you, Knox.

Great progress--keep at it.

Knox

You're right and I did try it in black but it didn't look right with the red and i really like the red.
Then again maybe the shades of black i used ( which i got from the sephiroth sprite ) was just a bad choice.

If you don't mind maybe you can throw together a few different colors on the brown part of the outfit and post them so we can see what would look good.
~Auranhiem

mav

Yeah, I'll try to get you a couple today, Knox. I took a look at black myself--because the hair and cape share a couple shades, it's kinda tough to toss black on there without reworking multiple portions of the sprite. I'll see if we can design new shades of brown for this specific sprite.

Kagebunji

I kinda like the hair, but one thing, BODY MUST BE CHANGED. It looks like that Gevaerd sprite from main headswap'd.

Edit: Will you change body on portrait too? Now it looks like Old Delita IMO.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

I agree with Kage--a body swap may be in order. Give us some more information on what kind of character he is and we might be able to offer some suggestions.

Here are two palettes--original on top.

Knox

eh i dunno

As for the body, ive been swapping around several different bodies and this is the only one ive been able to tolerate.
Its also used on Dycedargs elder brother sprite, just the colors are different and whatnot.

I'm thinking about adding a design on the back of the cape but we'll see what happens. I'm taking a break from it for today.
~Auranhiem

mav

A design on the cape would do wonders for this sprite. What do you have in mind?

Knox

Made some nice improvements to the hair imo, but still working out some kinks. I noticed some weirdness in the outfitting too and im trying to work that out as well.

Also i have a problem, I replaced Reis with AuraDragon's Holyknight, and I used FFTpatcher to make it so she'd join right after an event that im right before, and when i went through th eevent i didnt get the join up screen like it should.
Is there something im not doing or is it even possible to do this?
Any info on that would be most appreaciated.

Also working on a recolored Ramza from chapter 2, with Cloudv2's palette- it looks okay but its got som ekinks, will post some pics of both tommorow.
~Auranhiem

mav

I dunno what to say about the FFTPatcher problems, but post up some screens of the sprite and the new Ramza and we'll give ya some input.

Knox

I figured it out, scrolled the forums until i found what i needed.

As for the sprites, Ramza is a simple recolor and refit based on Vanya's. I liked the color scheme as i noticed it when i replaced Ramza with Cloudv2 for a while, and during an event it showed Ramza in these colors so I decided to work on it.

Here we go:

Decided i may not even keep that outfitting, for my custom sprite as theres too much brown in it and it doesnt pool well ingame so much.

Ok so i decided to go with the other one i had worked on, and went with a drastic recolor and i think it came out pretty nicely.

I just need a small favor from anyone whos willing to do this for me, I'm having trouble making the portrait match, its gold where it should be red.
If someone could fix that up for me id be most appreaciative but im fairly certain its going to be a bit of a pain and hopefully you don't have to destroy the face to do it.

I don't much care if he keeps the styled outfit he has now so if you wanna work one up from scratch thats fine, whatever makes it easier.

shoot ill upload it later gotta fix something, and i redid my portrait so its not the one on my avatar anymore.

~Auranhiem

mav

I may be able to make the portrait match. Give me some time and I'll try and get it to ya as soon as possible.

mav

Alright, Mr. Knox, here's your portrait. Skin, hair, and armor should be matching the sprite a bit better now. It's 16 colors, so hopefully it'll work out for ya. Lemme know if anything needs fixing. Sorry for the delay.

Cheetah

Very nice as always Mav. Get rid of the shoulder pad extra bit on the right and make the collar of the armor complete in the front and it will look totally original.

We so need a main page section just for portraits.
Current Projects:

mav

Yeah, there are so many portraits whose sprites were never completed...it's kind of unfortunate, but a page solely for 'em would definitely make things better.

Quote from: "Cheetah"Very nice as always Mav. Get rid of the shoulder pad extra bit on the right and make the collar of the armor complete in the front and it will look totally original.
Many thanks, man. Those changes sound doable enough. I'm not sure what Knox really wants the armor to look like, so I'll wait and listen for his suggestions before I do anything else.

Knox

What you think would look nice, guys, This isnt just for me lol.

I like what you did but it seems so colorless now, his hair i mean, maybe add a little more color back to it so it doesnt look so out of place?

Also working on another side project since that sprite is close to completion, All i really have left to do with it is to customize the hair which im gonna take my time with.

Now for the side project:

I wanted to put this beautiful portrait to use and i noticed the hair is close to the portrait, will need some tweaking, and the outfit as well but little by little with some help i think we can make something fun out of it.
~Auranhiem