• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Lightmancer

You people would benefit alot with developing a habit for making drawn concept art for these kinds of things.

Cheetah

I still so totally loving this sprite Twin.

What do you mean by "drawn concept art" Lightmancer? I'm digging the portrait btw, though the goggles look a bit acquired.
Current Projects:

Lijj

April 28, 2011, 12:57:20 am #743 Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:58:26 am by Lijj
I like it a lot too.. The helmet is awesome and I really like the over all design. The only thing I see that is a little odd is how the dress is bigger on her left side. or the angle of both sides isn't lined up; it seems round on her left; that side should be taken in I think. (just like 2 px)
I started a few of my sprites with concept sketches..
It can't hurt
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

Yeah several spriters over the years have done it. I sketch many of my concepts, mostly to help with color assignment.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Hey, Twin,I tried to do something with forward frame view, and it looked decent when you move helm one pixel higher and make eyes and face more visible. I am sure you don't need me to send it, but I thought you will want some fix for the face.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Atma

May 11, 2011, 07:01:10 am #746 Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:01:39 am by Atma
Looking good Twinee!  Ur dragoon looks very promising.  Detail on the helmet looks really nice.
Tifa is coming along nicely.  I was thinking... for her standing animation her arms and legs move, but her body stays completely still.  her skirt doesn't stretch/move and even her breast may need some movement.  it's not very likely a girl with breasts those size can walk without em moving on her ^.^  either a bounce (if it doesn't look too dramatic) or as her arm pulls back, the breast could pull back with it.  just a few pixels make all the difference with these small sprites.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Twinees

May 30, 2011, 03:14:40 am #747 Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:15:33 am by Twinees
Thankyou Atma, I will work on those things when I get time (I'm going to shrink her boobs as bouncing just looks plain weird [I've tried bouncing up and down and swaying from side to side...]). In other news, I've finished the female dragoon but not submitting it at this time. I've also done various portraits you may all have seen, here is just another (Lightning [I've also attached the Japanese one]) and if you want, you can use it as your avatar.

It's good to see new spriters around here, I'm glad the FFH Spriting section is still blooming. Keep up the good work.

I won't be on as much as normal from now on but I'm only a private message away if anyone wants anything.

-Twin.

Cheetah

Giant improvement as always. I don't know the character of Lightening very well, but it seems like it is missing a little something. Maybe she is too soft looking, maybe the cloths need to be a bit more slimming.
Current Projects:

mav

Excellent portrait, Twin. I'm sad to hear that you're going to be less active though. In any case, it's always pleasure to see your sprites--hopefully we'll get a few more soon enough.

Celdia

Damnit, Twin. Quit making ports I want to use as an avatar!
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Twinees

Thankyou very much everyone.
I was thinking of making her mouth one pixel longer and fixing some iffy parts of her hair im not happy with. I will also experiment with making her look angry/focused.

Quote from: Celdia on May 31, 2011, 05:52:08 pm
Damnit, Twin. Quit making ports I want to use as an avatar!

Haha. I'll be sure to tell you when I'm making another portrait next time :P.

MagiusRerecros

Quote from: Twinees on June 01, 2011, 08:37:25 amI will also experiment with making her look angry/focused.

That's probably the thing that bugged me the most about this portrait, or perhaps even the only thing... I mean, more than just her profession, her entire personality has pretty much been built up around being a soldier, and much of that leads to her being constantly focused, angry, or otherwise irritated. It'll be good to see that reflected in her portrait, rather than the more uncaring or even saddened look that appear in most of the original fft portraits.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Cheetah

Twinees, your spriting skills have become so amazing it is disgusting. I think I have said it before, but you have mastered the FFT style better than the original spriters.

Can you please post a collection of all your custom portraits so that they can be used as an amazing resource for other custom portraits?
Current Projects:

Twinees

June 21, 2011, 01:22:00 am #754 Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:22:37 am by Twinees
Thanks for the huge complements Cheetah, i appreciate it.

Theres just some of them... I should really update my other portraits.

RandMuadDib

I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

GeneralStrife

I can't decide which is my favorite

RavenOfRazgriz

June 21, 2011, 02:10:51 am #757 Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:59:32 am by RavenOfRazgriz
Kratos' skin isn't white enough.  I think that's my only legitimate criticism.  I don't like Lightning's portrait but that's a personal thing.  Her hair just seems weird to me.  

Thought: Post up your portrait collection, force Lijj to sprite 'em all, go back and update all of the portraits for all of Lijj's old sprites that need it.  It'd be the teamup of the century for quality sprite/portrait combos.  :x

EDIT:  The :x smile on FFH looks REALLY FUCKING WEIRD guys.

RandMuadDib

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on June 21, 2011, 02:10:51 am
Thought: Post up your portrait collection, force Lijj to sprite 'em all, go back and update all of the portraits for all of Lijj's old sprites that need it.  It'd be the teamup of the century for quality sprite/portrait combos.  :x

^This
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0