• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 02:54:48 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Quo's Sprites (Current Project: Lucavi Recolors)

Started by Quo, September 07, 2009, 05:38:34 am

Quo

September 18, 2009, 02:36:39 am #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Quo
Well, it was SE's idea. If you look at the reference pic, you'll notice that it's supposed to be kind of firey-looking. But I'm just doing palette swaps for the sake of making the game more accurate color-wise. I can't do better than that. If it were human units, I'd have a better chance, but monsters? Hell no...

Setzer

September 18, 2009, 04:57:17 am #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Setzer
Asmo, I just followed his concept in FFXII.
In FFXII he has two brown helmeted ram heads with a great fiery red mane.
He is a beast-man, not supposed to make sense.
Also have ram feet with fiery fur come out of them, and also of his hands.

Quo, he looks really better with the wing edits ^^

And for Adramelech, he is really hard to edit.
In mine, I just changed his back to red, but I choosed the wrong red and stopped working with him.
You may use theses images as reference:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/final ... melech.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/final ... melech.gif

Vanya

September 18, 2009, 08:39:51 am #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
They probably chose red for the fur in the FF12 version because he's a fire elemental and is supposed to invoke the memory of Ifrit.
Plus when dealing with completely fictional characters we should exercise some suspension of disbelief. Belias is, for all intents and purposes, a fallen god. If he wants to appear as a pink tiger fish with red lipstick and a purple and green tie-dye afro he can.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

LastingDawn

September 18, 2009, 01:28:09 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
My theory to all of this is that the holder influences the appearance of the Lucavi, taking Altima as a prime example, she still looks a lot like Alma in her first form. Now this is Very ironic when you consider Elmdor's Lucavi looks wildly different from what Zalera's form once was, it might have hid an ugly or "insect" like heart in Elmdor, though I still think that as a human he did all he could for his chosen side.

Belias is another prime example, Wiegraf is very noble and proud, of all the Lucavi he looks the part of a refined demon.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Setzer

September 18, 2009, 02:33:29 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Setzer
Thats's right, Vanya, and so is true for my patch.
I gave every lucavi their own skillset, based in their elements in FFXII. That's one of the reasons for my sprite editions (also, I think they look better in their new concept. I just miss the mouth on Cuchullain's belly).
My patch is like a nostalgic back to the origins, I tried to aproach FFT to the early games of the serie. And so, making bosses like the "elemental fiends" was an, well, I dont really know the word.. Obligation?

LD, FFTA2 has a lot os texts that try to explain the relations between the Ivalice Alliance games. But it lacks a good explanation about the espers/lucavi...
Well, I liked yours, Square might use it ^^
Mainly because the Wiegraf/Elmdor analysis, plus the already in game "stones reflects the heart of the user".

SilvasRuin

September 18, 2009, 02:41:36 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I find it interesting that both Adramallek(sp?) and Zalera are bound.  The first has a ring or rope binding his arms close to his side and the second has bound legs and some sort of contraption on his arms.  I don't know what the second might mean, but it could be that he was feeling restricted and limited, and that's part of why he did the things he did.

LastingDawn

September 18, 2009, 02:47:30 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, I wasn't sure if Addramellech was bound, so I didn't say anything, but come to think of it, he is. My guess is this is more related to Dycedarg then Addremellech himself. Dycedarg was bound by his brother, his lord, and his father. He did away with his master, killed his father and just got rid of Zalbag, my thought is that it is still representative of Dycedarg's will being forced to stay silent, which might explain why Addramellech/Dycedarg proclaims that he did kill their father.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Quo

September 18, 2009, 05:20:06 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Quo
Quote from: "LastingDawn"My theory to all of this is that the holder influences the appearance of the Lucavi, taking Altima as a prime example, she still looks a lot like Alma in her first form. Now this is Very ironic when you consider Elmdor's Lucavi looks wildly different from what Zalera's form once was, it might have hid an ugly or "insect" like heart in Elmdor, though I still think that as a human he did all he could for his chosen side.

Belias is another prime example, Wiegraf is very noble and proud, of all the Lucavi he looks the part of a refined demon.
That's the same as my theory for how they look as far as their actual shape and physical appearance... (and this includes the whole being bound thing)

But I still want them to FEEL like the Espers they're supposed to be. Hence my project. :razz:

Quo

September 22, 2009, 05:51:42 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Quo
Long overdo for an update, but here it is...

Hashmal: Bringer of Order

Which can be found on the first post (not going to bother linking anymore, they don't work after I update the file anyway...).

I have to admit, I got kinda lazy with this one. I didn't know what color to make his robe, because the reference ( http://www.imgdump.info/data/media/290/Hashmal.jpg ) left me a bit skeptical. On one hand, the actual clothes he wears is green. But the armor is more brown, and constitutes more of his attire...

But for some reason, Hashmal (in the PSP version at least) has two palettes. One just a little lighter than the other. So I made the second one green... I suppose if people wanted, they could swap them or whatever...

I'm not crazy happy with this one, but I didn't really give it a good effort. :roll:

SilvasRuin

September 22, 2009, 06:03:54 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Due to it being clothing, I think the green would match better.
And while the reference's face appears red, I think his skin is more brownish than what you have.

Quo

September 22, 2009, 07:21:15 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Quo
Yeah, that's the conundrum I had... like I said, I got lazy. I just used the Bomb's palette again... >>;

It's a good palette... <<;;

I'm not sure what would be better suited, however... :?

SilvasRuin

September 22, 2009, 07:24:36 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin

Quo

September 29, 2009, 05:08:19 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Quo
I know it's been a long time, but like I just told loch in the chat, I've been busier than a ninja at a Naruto convention... :(

kafei

September 29, 2009, 06:19:29 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kafei
Where have you been, ya bum?

mav

September 29, 2009, 06:24:09 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
The whites are too white. The darks are too dark. The concept is good, the execution needs work.

SilvasRuin

September 29, 2009, 08:39:14 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I'm not sure how well those colors would show up in game, but I must say, I really like them.  As a standalone image at least, I like it.

scatttman

September 29, 2009, 09:22:13 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by scatttman
i like zalera :)
the others looks a bit saturated

Quo

September 30, 2009, 05:05:48 pm #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Quo
Quote from: "kafei"Where have you been, ya bum?
Quote from: "Quo"busier than a ninja at a Naruto convention... :P

Quote from: "mav"The whites are too white. The darks are too dark. The concept is good, the execution needs work.
Yeah, that skin tone is proving difficult. I'm looking for something that's more orange, less red/brown... but even those trees are actually brown, it just uses the lightest shade a lot so it looks orange.

I think I'm going to just take a stab at it with something that looks yellow and hope for the best... :lol:

Quote from: "scatttman"i like zalera :) But blame SE for the saturation. They made the designs these colors are based on...

Setzer

September 30, 2009, 05:18:34 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Setzer
Hae you tried Zalera's orange?
Maybe it's the color you want ^^

kafei

October 02, 2009, 04:19:56 am #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kafei
Hurry up and come back, I already finished my sprite while you've been gone! You must get down to business!