• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Break damage - Hp,mp limit

Started by kajak, August 30, 2009, 10:06:17 pm

kajak

August 30, 2009, 10:06:17 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kajak
can this is posibble?
can break 999 to 9999hp?
anyone know this?

Dome

August 31, 2009, 04:32:51 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dome
At the moment, it's possible only using ??? stats
But I dont understand why you need such a thing...can you explain?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

SilvasRuin

August 31, 2009, 05:44:09 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
??? multiplies their hp and MP by ten, but I forget where the cap is for them.  It's pretty high.  Damage, no.  There's no breaking the damage limit.  I'm not sure if it is possible to give a player character the ??? status, but I suppose it is.  It might be really glitchy in some ways though.  It's pointless to use for anything other than bosses that you want to make more epic.

Skip Sandwich

August 31, 2009, 09:41:14 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
i'm pretty sure that ??? stats cap out at something like sixty-five thousand hp/mp, but i'm not sure it's even possible to pump them up that high except with like a growth of 1 and a multiplier of 255 or somesuch.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

kajak

August 31, 2009, 12:21:41 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kajak
well, im explain more details
i want to know if is posible that ramza or generic male /female /monster have 1000hp or more
in damage, example in a formula have PA*WP ( PA=100) (WP=24) = 2400 damage
an MP the same thing

Skip Sandwich

August 31, 2009, 12:36:03 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
giving them ??? stats in the patcher multiplies thier hp/mp by 10 and allows it to go above 999, but there is no way to deal more then 999 damage in a single hit, the best you can do is with the multi-hit formulas used by rafa, malak and the hydra monsters.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

kajak

August 31, 2009, 07:47:14 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by kajak
its a good way
and for hp ?
any idea?

theultrawolf

November 21, 2009, 12:27:36 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by theultrawolf
nah, not unless you wanted to mess with certain codes in the programming, mess with flags, etc. even with something like FFTpatcher, etc, if you set a player/guest to over 999 somehow(i.e.) 3500 hp...it would show up as 500...already tried it.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Kaijyuu

November 21, 2009, 09:16:23 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Isn't this rather pointless? If you want 9999 hp and appropriate damage, just divide hp and damage by 10 so it fits with 999 hp.
  • Modding version: PSX

Paheej

Kaij,

People love big numbers though.  Think about how many games you've played with retardedly high numbers.

VampragonLord

With smaller numbers, even one point higher in damage can be amazing and awesme.  When you go to the higher numbers it just becomes utterly pointless in generally (only 800000000 damage? WTF IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 800500000) I personally found it very ANNOYING in ffX when they did that, simply because they did it for no real REASON. all of those numbers could have been easily divided by 10 and it would have made absolutely no difference at all, they simply wanted to make people THINK they were doing much better. In actual gameplay itself, its completely pointless other than the basic psychology of "it makes people think they do guud".
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

SilvasRuin

Well... one use I would like to have from such a thing is being able to distribute a portion of the stats across equipment.  The reason why is because of Wild ARMs XF.  I loved the effect that had on leveling and gameplay.  As it is, it is extremely hard to do that and still keep numbers small, even with innate Magic Def Up and Def Up on every single job, monster, and enemy.  I'd like to make some long and epic battles, but I'm not sure how much room I have here.  I'd like to have a significant difference in HP between jobs without mages being crushed in single turns.  Hrm... I suppose I could just abuse the Fury hack to scale physical damage down more.

Ah, nevermind.  I think I might be able to figure out Nate's ASM hack to reduce the potency of the def up abilities and then make them more potent.  Reducing things by 75% should give a lot of room for more precision in differences between jobs, abilities, and equipment.

Kokojo

Stop descripbing CoP's low damage ideals, Silvas. Mdup and Mdefup screw with almost all the stats and It was very hard to make.

In other news...

100 Pa would be impossible. If you want to make a ??? patch, go ahead, but it would be more troublesome than anything else. High numbers can be fun too, as long as damage follows (100 damage, 600 hp) the curve. (FFT finishing at 999/999 for players)

I would suggests againts making a ??? patch, because it would bring so much trouble for the players.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

SilvasRuin

There are significant differences with what I have in mind and your low stat patch.  Really, as far as I can tell, there is very little similarity at all with what I have in mind and what you've done and/or are working on.

Mega_Tyrant

Back when I implemented Beatrix into my game I had her Shock formula set to either:

1.  17:  dmg=(target curent HP-1)
2.  3E:  dmg=(target max HP-1)

I cant remember which one I used.  One of the two or perhaps both can break the 999 cap however the game doesn't display dmg in excess of 999 (it will show 999).
RAWR!

formerdeathcorps

Also, crystals always heal for maximum health regardless of what the display says.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.