• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 09:00:22 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTPatcher Questions

Started by Zeio, August 22, 2009, 11:53:31 pm

Zeio

August 22, 2009, 11:53:31 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zeio
I've been playing around with the FFTpatcher for a while and I was hoping some vets could give me a little insight regarding some of the parameters within the program.  I'm just going to throw some questions out that I hope anyone can answer, and thanks ahead of time for any help.

*in the 'Inflict Statuses' Tab, what does the 'Separate' parameter do/stand for?  any examples?

*in the Abilities tab, if you right click on a random ability, you can 'clone' it.  After selecting this command, there's several paste options that open up.  What exactly is the purpose of this (what is it used for) and how do I work it correctly?  I tried playing around with it but nothing really happened.

*Is the only way to change the name of an ability or item through the text editor program?  Is it possible to add new abilities/items without altering old ones?

*A lot of patches that're coming out have the JP scroll glitch fixed.  How exactly is this being accomplished?

*In the Status Effects tab, there's a CT parameter than can be edited.  Is this a vague description of how long the status effect lasts?

*Where in the editor can I find the formula that makes axes, flails, etc. do random damage?  The default for these weapons in my editor is still just the dmg_[Weapon] formula.  In FFT1.3, I heard that sticks damage is based off of MA instead of PA.  How was this done?

*The default formula for Sword Skills claims the chance to add status is 100%, but testing in game can prove this isn't true.  Is this formula bugged?

SilvasRuin

August 23, 2009, 12:50:29 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
There's a separate chance for each status to occur.  I believe they all default to 25% chance.  So if you have Separate Blind, Poison, and Reflect, each one has a 25% chance to occur and they do not rely on the others landing to occur.

I don't believe you can add abilities out of the blue.  There's limited space for them.  I haven't messed with it, but it probably has something to do with choosing what slot you are copying it too.

Text or hex editing is the only way, I think.  No, you can't add new ones.  You can modify unused ability slots though, which is close enough to adding new ones.

There is an ASM hack for the glitch.  It should be applicable in the newest patcher download package through FFTorgASM.  Or you can place the ASM hack in yourself.

Don't know about the CT of statuses.  Haven't played with that yet.

The weapon formulas are probably done via hex editing, I think...

The status is 100% for the formula, but they uses the Separate parameter in the statuses they try to inflict.  Since they use Separate, it is a 25% chance.

FFMaster

August 23, 2009, 06:20:39 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Quote*In the Status Effects tab, there's a CT parameter than can be edited.  Is this a vague description of how long the status effect lasts?

I can explain this one. The CT parameter changes how long a status will last. A higher number will make the status last longer. For example, if I set Slow to last 32 instead of 24 CT, it would last 8 clockticks longer.
If you set the CT to 0, the status would last forever (or at least just very very very long)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢