• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 11:57:38 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Mercenaries Job Sprite Ideas (update: soon)(Image Heavy)

Started by MiKeMiTchi, August 07, 2009, 05:50:42 am

mav

On the rear diagonal, the one on the right looks better, in my opinion. As for the update from a couple posts above, I don't really like the white pants--it makes him look like he's wearing pajamas or something. When we do the palette, we'll just have to be creative in our color placement so that the hair and pants look natural. Oh and now I know why the head on the diagonal, forward-facing frame looks so weird--I feel like his head has been moved one pixel too far to our right. Keep up the good work, man.

jimmyjw88

Well, actually the head is on the right spot. Hmm...Perhaps the collar is causing us to see as such? And yeah, I know that white pants look weird. Haha ^^
Anyway, I've done front walking animations.
Took me quite awhile; copy/paste this, copy/paste that, refer this, refer that....><"
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Alright, new attempt on the Scholar portrait. Back to the Oracle base, using the hat and body seen in some other versions.

Kagebunji

IMO his head is too small when compared to hat, and why the hat is in such wrong angle? I think this clothes just screams red mage, but that's just me. I think glasses will fit this port.

Bou this portrait will be hard to pull off :/
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

SilvasRuin

Nah, red mage outfits would be a bit more combat oriented than that, I think.  Scholars were sort of lesser red mages to begin with anyways.

mav

I dunno what I'm doing with this portrait, to be perfectly honest. I'm just nabbing crap I find all over the place, hoping to make the pieces fit...and it ain't working.

ffta707

Mabe the hat should be a few pixels lower, and its width to. Also, the back left corner of the hat is kinda bent upwards. Ussually the hats have a strait plastic or cardboard I think, so it would be strait. Otherwise, great job.

Kagebunji

Oh about the scryer sprite, tell me, why the heck his collar on all fronts uses only one shade? You have more shades to use :?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Well, you have to blame Female Thief for that. ^^

Update*

Scryer Walk Frames
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Nice, though I must say that that collar is mighty bouncy...I guess we can blame the female Thief for that too, eh? The only thing I don't like about the Scryer is that he looks kind of plain. Is there any way to make this guy stand out a bit?

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Either that, or I could try use Balthier as its not as bouncy as Female Thief. What do you think?

Cheetah

A few random notes from me just briefly skimming the last few pages, please forgive me if I'm resaying known issues:

Scholar Sprite: This guy is looking great except for the fact that some of the hood thing needs to be drawn onto the arms. During animations the arms are covering up where the hood should be on the body and it is looking odd, making it clear that the arms are just pasted on top of the sprite.
Scholar Portrait: My main point for this would be that you should really use that reference pic to see how the base of the hat fits with the hair. It looks hard to do, but otherwise it kind of looks like he has a black tube on his head. Also having the tassle show in the front would be a nice touch.
Scryer: I'm really liking the new design. I think using Balthier's color is a good idea, or maybe Olan's. Plus they have more volume so it will make more sense where you can still see the collar in the rear view.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Scholar Sprite ~ Alright, Sir Cheetah. I'll look them again and fix them. Thanks ^^
Scholar Portrait ~ Yeah, I like that reference picture. So hope that you could crack that up mav. And tassel in the front would be better, I feel ^^
Scryer Sprite ~ For Olan, do you mean the whole mantle or just the collar part? Because previously, some say Olan's mantle is too much. Hmm...

Cheetah

Scryer: I just meant the collar part of Olan, though I still think Balthier would be a better option.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

January 09, 2010, 12:14:25 am #1014 Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:48:57 am by jimmyjw88
Scryer ~ Ah, alright. I look at Olan's collar just now and it looks good. Well, I'll try both to see which fits better ^^
Thanks, Sir Cheetah.

Also, for Scholar portrait, is this any close? ^^

Scholar Mug Test

Cheetah

You are getting very good at this Jimmy, looks very good. Maybe have the tassle hanging down from the top middle of the frame. Getting the shading on that hat might be difficult, I look forward to how you deal with it.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Thanks, Sir Cheetah. ^^
Oh yes, tassel!! How could I forgotten the most important thing that resemble Scholar? xD
I'll add that in.

Update* above

Cheetah

Ah yes the glasses, very key and looking good. I almost feel like you should do a version without the glasses, just so that other spriters can use the face as a resource. Though i don't know how important that will be.
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

Someone remind me, which side is the tassel moved TO in graduations?  Perhaps that is the side it should be placed on for the sprite instead of just throwing it in there.  Hrm... I suppose that would only work for the portrait though as the sprite flips.  Nevermind.

jimmyjw88

Right when accepting/receiving the scroll, then back to left, if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Update above*