• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

What is love?

Started by SickBastard, June 04, 2009, 02:24:19 pm

DarthPaul

June 04, 2009, 10:04:30 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Things are never as bad as they seem to the pessimist and never as good as they seem to the optimist.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

SickBastard

June 05, 2009, 09:17:19 am #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SickBastard
Definetely not the way I expected and hoped this topic would go but all the same.....

Xifanie

June 05, 2009, 11:56:08 am #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
love = more time before the first fuck

it's not more complicated than that
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Redux

June 05, 2009, 03:21:25 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
Quote from: "Zodiac"love = more time before the first fuck

it's not more complicated than that
Zodiac seems to be quite disillutioned. Hehe. In some ways though i concede that you are right about it.

Ant

June 07, 2009, 07:15:14 am #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Ant
Quote from: "Dome"Tits
Well played, sir.

Archael

June 07, 2009, 09:49:31 am #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Zozma"!!!! w-what??? omg a real sentence from YOU, Algus!? *looks out the window and sees that pigs are flying* then *turns on the tv to hear a news report that the earth's insides, hell, has frozen over*

the earth's insides isn't hell you bible thumping retard

Redux

June 07, 2009, 10:13:05 am #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
Quote from: "Voldemort"
Quote from: "Zozma"!!!! w-what??? omg a real sentence from YOU, Algus!? *looks out the window and sees that pigs are flying* then *turns on the tv to hear a news report that the earth's insides, hell, has frozen over*

the earth's insides isn't hell you bible thumping retard
But it is hot as hell Voldemort. The real hell is a metaphysical hell imagine by people to escape from by doing "good" deeds.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

June 07, 2009, 10:47:58 am #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Quote from: "Voldemort"the earth's insides isn't hell you bible thumping retard

People have a ton of misconceptions on what the Bible says, so why shouldn't they have misconceptions on hell?

Most pre-round earth religions at some point equated hell (tartarus, gahenna, etc.) was below the flat earth and heaven was above.  Zozma is just stuck in that era.

Archael

June 07, 2009, 11:32:06 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
it's 2009 bro, wake up

we KNOW what's in the center of the earth, this is not a matter of opinion

"hot as hell" is a valid reference

"hot as hell, that is under the earth" is not

and by extension this isn't either

Quoteto hear a news report that the earth's insides, hell, has frozen over

"the earth's insides" lol as if this was common knowledge!!

DarthPaul

June 07, 2009, 11:45:02 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I'm pretty sure Zozma was just making a joke and he was trying to make it funny, therefore he didn't think it through.

I've made the mistake of combining the two. What makes that worse is the closest religion I am too, doesn't believe in hell or The devil.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Redux

June 07, 2009, 05:58:19 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
Quote from: "darthpaul"I'm pretty sure Zozma was just making a joke and he was trying to make it funny, therefore he didn't think it through.

I've made the mistake of combining the two. What makes that worse is the closest religion I am too, doesn't believe in hell or The devil.
One could argue religion is merely man's attempt to justify and give importance/ meaning to his actions or beliefs? Granted i believe complete atheists are being a bit arrogant. To say that there is no source for all things in a wold where every other act of creation require energy and mass means something, no matter how far back or far forward in time it is or was came into being without requirements and is as such the basic identity of a "God" something that was not created from anything else, yet impacts the universe and creates within it, directly or indirectly.
But i digress.

TLDR, Organized religion is man maknig God. True god is most likely beyond human comprehension. Atheists worship no god like believers worship god and OH GOD PHILOSOPHIC DETOUR!

DarthPaul

June 07, 2009, 06:03:55 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Redux"One could argue religion is merely man's attempt to justify and give importance/ meaning to his actions or beliefs? Granted i believe complete atheists are being a bit arrogant. To say that there is no source for all things in a wold where every other act of creation require energy and mass means something, no matter how far back or far forward in time it is or was came into being without requirements and is as such the basic identity of a "St. Ajora" something that was not created from anything else, yet impacts the universe and creates within it, directly or indirectly.
But i digress.

This is why I am an agnostic over an atheist. I can't say for sure till I see the evidence, and frankly there is not enough evidence to prove or disprove most religions.

Redux

June 07, 2009, 06:06:03 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
Quote from: "darthpaul"
Quote from: "Redux"One could argue religion is merely man's attempt to justify and give importance/ meaning to his actions or beliefs? Granted i believe complete atheists are being a bit arrogant. To say that there is no source for all things in a wold where every other act of creation require energy and mass means something, no matter how far back or far forward in time it is or was came into being without requirements and is as such the basic identity of a "St. Ajora" something that was not created from anything else, yet impacts the universe and creates within it, directly or indirectly.
But i digress.

This is why I am an agnostic over an atheist. I can't say for sure till I see the evidence, and frankly there is not enough evidence to prove or disprove most religions.
Personally i am a deist but ive been looknig in to the ideas of more liberal gnosticism lately.

philsov

June 08, 2009, 05:40:49 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "darthpaul"This is why I am an agnostic over an atheist. I can't say for sure till I see the evidence, and frankly there is not enough evidence to prove or disprove most religions.

Quote from: "darthpaul"As Zozma stated love does not truly exist. It is just a perceived fantasy of a feeble human mind seeking acceptance from others.

I will believe it when I see it. Missouri blood talking right there.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Ant

June 08, 2009, 06:42:40 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Ant
I don't understand the claim that "love" doesn't exist. I can understand claiming that one does not feel it, but to claim that it's totally nonexistent seems a bit much.

When the term is being used correctly, it's definitely describing an extant emotional/physical state. Being an emotion, I don't think that requiring it to be outwardly quantifiable or universally applicable is fair, exactly.

To me, it seems identical to someone claiming not to believe in anger, because they've never been angry. If someone made this claim, it would appear to be utterly ridiculous (granted, anger is a more simple emotion, so the comparison may not be perfect).

Even if it's an "illusion" or self-delusion, it exists as soon as it's believed and felt. No other emotion seems to be held to this standard of scrutiny for existence.

tl;dr
BABY DON'T HURT ME

Redux

June 09, 2009, 07:26:33 am #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
Quote from: "Ant"I don't understand the claim that "love" doesn't exist. I can understand claiming that one does not feel it, but to claim that it's totally nonexistent seems a bit much.

When the term is being used correctly, it's definitely describing an extant emotional/physical state. Being an emotion, I don't think that requiring it to be outwardly quantifiable or universally applicable is fair, exactly.

To me, it seems identical to someone claiming not to believe in anger, because they've never been angry. If someone made this claim, it would appear to be utterly ridiculous (granted, anger is a more simple emotion, so the comparison may not be perfect).

Even if it's an "illusion" or self-delusion, it exists as soon as it's believed and felt. No other emotion seems to be held to this standard of scrutiny for existence.

tl;dr
BABY DON'T HURT ME
In the relative world of humaninty and human perception, feeling is everything, so i suppose ant is correct. On a relative scale felt = exists, illusion or not.

Archael

June 09, 2009, 08:10:16 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "philsov"
Quote from: "darthpaul"This is why I am an agnostic over an atheist. I can't say for sure till I see the evidence, and frankly there is not enough evidence to prove or disprove most religions.

Quote from: "darthpaul"As Zozma stated love does not truly exist. It is just a perceived fantasy of a feeble human mind seeking acceptance from others.

I will believe it when I see it. Missouri blood talking right there.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

lmao

nice catch there

@ Ant; you are correct

the chemicals responsible for the feeling humans feel when they are in "love" is very real indeed

love does exist, just as much as anger, depression, and the rest

[X definition of perfect platonic love] might not exist, though, and is another question altogether

Xifanie

June 09, 2009, 04:54:38 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
i u archy
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

SilvasRuin

June 10, 2009, 10:33:01 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Hell froze over a very long time ago if you want to believe Dante.

Redux

June 11, 2009, 10:17:19 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Hell froze over a very long time ago if you want to believe Dante.
I always thought suicides encased in ice was nice touch in the center of Hell hehe.  :)