• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 02:35:09 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Heavenly Chaos

Started by Lydyn, April 04, 2008, 05:27:24 am

Xifanie

April 13, 2008, 06:23:22 pm #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
On a side note:
Rare items can still be bought at shops; just look Reflect Mail & Ivory Rod.

I hope you didn't expect something else by changing the palette and graphic of the fairy harp. You made it sound as if it wasn't intended that the weapon looked different. :?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lydyn

April 13, 2008, 06:32:52 pm #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
You're starting to confuse me, lol. I changed Fairy Harp to look like a Rune Sword, because it's supposed to be the Heavenly Knight's sort of ultimate sword as it were ... I know it won't look like a Rune Sword in battle, yet, but that's okay.

It was ment to be sold at Chapter 4 after you defeated Eldmor (sp?) and it's price being 65,000+ Gil.

My main concern is it going to ever appear in the normal shop at all, since perviously the harp was a poach item only, and now it's poached and sold in the normal shop.

Xifanie

April 13, 2008, 06:39:20 pm #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
not until we discover how to modify each shop separately.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lydyn

April 13, 2008, 09:09:13 pm #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Hm, that kind of sucks. Thanks for letting me know though ... I'll have to fix all that in the next patch. ^_^

Lydyn

April 16, 2008, 03:47:56 pm #84 Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 04:29:32 pm by Lydyn
Changes for v0.13, editing this as things come along. So far;

• Text Edited Heavenly & Chaos Knight in.
      • Not included in v0.13 though, as I want to eventually go in and re-do all the text editing when Lightning is added to the game.

Jobs
    - - - -
    • All Special base jobs (like Holy Knight) are edited to also include Move-Get Jp and exclude Monster skill, along with special reactions and support abilities. Such as Sword Skill classes having Counter and Equip Sword instead of Counter Tackle and Equip Axe.
    • Orlandu's All Swordskill now has; Stasis Sword, Split Punch, Crush Punch, Shellbust Stab, Blaster Punch, Dark Sword, Power Ruin, and Mind Ruin.
    • All Mighty Swordskill's include either Stasis Sword or Lightning Stab.
    • Changes in Chaos' Abyss skillset: Switching out Death, Frog, Blind, Slow, Poison for new Status Sword Skills!
    • Changes in Heaven's Light skillset: Switching out Cure 2 & Wall for new Status Sword Skills!
    • Changed Heavenly Gate to 2,500 JP and Chaos Cord to 2,000 JP. Also changed Ultima to 700 JP.
    • Gave Chaos Knight immunity to Confusion
    • Switched Heavenly Knight's immunity to Confusion to Poison
    • Switched Heavenly Knight's immunity to Darkness to Charm

-------
    Items
    -------
    • Nagrarock: Added
Darkness elemental
• Materia Blade: Added Water elemental
• Defender: Added Earth elemental
• Save the Queen: Added Wind elemental
• Excalibur: Added Holy elementanl & took Haste away
• Chaos Blade: Added Darkness elemental, WP: 30
• Zorlin Shape: Added Wind elemental
• Sasuke Knife: Added Earth elemental
• Iga Knife: Added Ice elemental
• Koga Knife: Added Lightning elemental
• Spell Edge: Added Darkness elemental
• Muramasa: Added Darkness elemental
• Masamune: Added Ice elemental
• Chirijiraden: Added Lightning
• Mace of Zeus: Added Lightning
• Sage Staff: Added Earth elemental
• Blaze Gun: Fixed it to Fire elemental
• Glacier Gun: Fixed it to Ice elemental
• Ramia Harp: Changed to Me'a Blade
• Bloody Strings: Changed to Mori Blade

---------------------------
Monster Improvements
• Tweaked Chocobo so he heals more for his HP Range.
• Added all negative Status effects to Bad Breath.
• Included Fairy in Warlock Summon skillset.

------
Misc.
------
• Fixed Beowulf's Faith and Innocent to match the Oracle.
• Switch Drain & Life Drain to Wind & Dark, so Zodiacs are hopefully immune - if not, at least hopefully it'll not work as well.
• Lich is now Wind & Dark for the same reason Drain & Life Drain are.
• Improved the levels of all story battles. Now every story battle the enemies will go up two levels, making them level 99 by the last three final battles (yes, including Altima!).
[/list]

Lydyn

April 17, 2008, 08:15:51 pm #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Planned on new Chaos Knight Status Sword Skills;

• Creeping Energy (900 JP; Replaces Poison)
      Range: 4
      Vertical: 4
      Adds (All or Nothing): Poison, Darkness, & Slow
      Chance: (MA + 55)%
      Elementals: Earth, Darkness

• Death's Bite (1,050 JP; Replaces Frog)
      Range: 3
      Adds (All or Nothing): Undead, Berserk, Slow
      Chance: (MA + 50)%
      Elementals: Darkness

• Light's Poison (1,200 HP; Replaces Death)
      Vertical: 3
      Adds (Random): Petrify, Confusion, Frog, Stop, Charm
      Chance: (MA + 45)%

• Abyss' Doorhandle (1,350 JP; Replaces Blind)
      Effect Area: 3
      3 Directions
      Adds (Seperate): Darkness, Confusion, Silence, Poison, Slow, Stop, Don't Move, Don't Act
      Chance: (MA + 35)%

• Abyssal Fall (1,500 JP; Replaces Slow)
      Range: 2
      Effect Area: 2
      Vertical: 2
      Linear Strike
      Adds (Seperate): Dead, Undead, Petrify, Darkness, Confusion, Silence, Blood Suck, Oil, Berserk, Frog Poison, Slow, Stop, Charm, Sleep, Don't Move, Don't Act, Death Sentence
      Chance: (MA + 30)%

I also replaced Praise (Heavenly Knight skillset) with Threaten and Preach with Solution, for the future plans of taking the medatior class out all together along with Ramza's Cheer Up and Scream (the +Brave part anyways). So, basically the only talk skills in game will be lowering Brave/Faith and only in those two classes.

- - - - -

Anyone have any thoughts?

Lydyn

April 19, 2008, 09:33:12 pm #86 Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:19:01 pm by Lydyn
Planned on Heavenly Knight's Status Sword Skills;

• Soothing Light (1,500 JP; Replaces Cure 2)
      Effect: 1
      Restore: (PA * 25) HP and (PA * 25/2) MP
      Chance: 100%
      Elementals: Holy

• Angel's Shield (1,700 JP; Replaces Wall)
      Adds (Seperate): Reraise, Transparent, Regen, Protect, Shell, Haste
      Chance: (PA + 100)%

Lydyn

April 22, 2008, 05:18:30 pm #87 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
If anyone is actually still interested in this anymore and seeing more versions, let me know. Otherwise I probably won't post any more versions due to lack of interest ... really no point in going through the trouble of posting a patch that no one will use. *Shrug*

Vanya

April 22, 2008, 10:55:06 pm #88 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Dude, you have almost one thousand view. I think you're cool.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lydyn

April 22, 2008, 11:32:46 pm #89 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Yeah, someone said they used it, so ... ^_^

Right now things are in slow progress. I actually have a girlfriend, so that takes time (not that I'm complaining, hehe), and we're moving and stuff and as I type this I'm testing out the final battle. Ramza is level 67 (one higher than Ajora/Altima) and a few of my characters have died multiple times so far ... >.< That, I'm not used to. xD

Vanya

April 22, 2008, 11:43:33 pm #90 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Cool. I understand all about that sorta thing. Between school, my lady, work, and selling our place it seems like there's no time left over at all.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lydyn

April 23, 2008, 08:27:52 pm #91 Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 03:56:39 pm by Lydyn
Changes for v0.13;

• Text Edited Heavenly & Chaos Knight in.
      • Not included in v0.13 though, as I want to eventually go in and re-do all the text editing when Lightning is added to the game.

Jobs
    - - - -
    • All Special base jobs (like Holy Knight) are edited to also include Move-Get Jp and exclude Monster skill, along with special reactions and support abilities. Such as Sword Skill classes having Counter and Equip Sword instead of Counter Tackle and Equip Axe.
    • Orlandu's All Swordskill now has; Stasis Sword, Split Punch, Crush Punch, Shellbust Stab, Blaster Punch, Dark Sword, Power Ruin, and Mind Ruin.
    • All Mighty Swordskill's include either Stasis Sword or Lightning Stab.
    • Changes in Chaos' Abyss skillset: Switching out Death, Frog, Blind, Slow, Poison for new Status Sword Skills!
    • Changes in Heaven's Light skillset: Switching out Cure 2 & Wall for new Status Sword Skills!
    • Changed Heavenly Gate to 2,500 JP and Chaos Cord to 2,000 JP. Also changed Ultima to 700 JP.
    • Gave Chaos Knight immunity to Confusion
    • Switched Heavenly Knight's immunity to Confusion to Poison
    • Switched Heavenly Knight's immunity to Darkness to Charm

-------
    Items
    -------
    • Nagrarock: Added
Darkness elemental
• Materia Blade: Added Water elemental
• Defender: Added Earth elemental
• Save the Queen: Added Wind elemental
• Excalibur: Added Holy elementanl & took Haste away
• Chaos Blade: Added Darkness elemental, WP: 30
• Zorlin Shape: Added Wind elemental
• Sasuke Knife: Added Earth elemental
• Iga Knife: Added Ice elemental
• Koga Knife: Added Lightning elemental
• Spell Edge: Added Darkness elemental
• Muramasa: Added Darkness elemental
• Masamune: Added Ice elemental
• Chirijiraden: Added Lightning
• Mace of Zeus: Added Lightning
• Sage Staff: Added Earth elemental
• Blaze Gun: Fixed it to Fire elemental
• Glacier Gun: Fixed it to Ice elemental
• Ramia Harp: Changed to Me'a Blade
• Bloody Strings: Changed to Mori Blade

Me'a Blade[/i]
      • Resembles: Rune Blade
      • Item Type: Knight's Sword
      • Attributes: +2 SP, Immune to Don't Move & Don't Act
      • Price: 65,535 Gil
      • Sold When?: Chapter 4 - Bethla
      • Weapon, Rare
      • Range: 1
      • Attack Forumla: Normal
      • Weapon Power: 27
      • Weapon Evade: 18%
      • Elementals:
    Holy[/list]

Mori Blade
      • Resembles: Blood Sword
      • Item Type: Knight's Sword
      • Attributes: N/A
      • Price: 65,535 Gil
      • Sold When?: Chapter 4 - Bethla
      • Weapon, Rare
      • Range: 1
      • Attack Forumla: Drain HP
      • Weapon Power: 28
      • Weapon Evade: 15%
      • Elementals:
    Darkness[/list]
    [/list]

Monster Improvements
    • Tweaked Chocobo so he heals more for his HP Range.
    • Added all negative Status effects to Bad Breath.
    • Included Fairy in Warlock Summon skillset.

------
    Misc.
    ------
    • Fixed Beowulf's Faith and Innocent to match the Oracle.
    • Switch Drain & Life Drain to Wind & Dark, so Zodiacs are hopefully immune - if not, at least hopefully it'll not work as well.
    • Lich is now Wind & Dark for the same reason Drain & Life Drain are.
    • Improved the levels of all story battles. Now every story battle the enemies will go up two levels, making them level 99 by the last three final battles (yes, including Altima!).
    • Improved abilities for all story battles. This means running into knights with two swords or ninjas with equip armor and such.
    [/list]

- - - - - - - - - -

Chaos Knight's New Status Sword Skills;

• Creeping Energy / Choco Attack (900 JP; Replaces Poison)
        Adds (All or Nothing): Poison, Darkness, & Slow
        Chance: (MA + 55)%
        Elementals: Earth, Darkness

• Death's Bite / Bite (1,050 JP; Replaces Frog)
        Adds (All or Nothing): Undead, Berserk, Slow
        Chance: (MA + 50)%

• Light's Poison / Scratch Up (1,200 HP; Replaces Death)
        Adds (Random): Petrify, Confusion, Frog, Stop, Charm
        Chance: (MA + 45)%

• Abyss' Doorhandle / Tentacle 1st (1,350 JP; Replaces Blind)
        Effect Area: 3
        3 Directions
        Adds (Seperate): Darkness, Confusion, Silence, Poison, Slow, Stop, Don't Move, Don't Act
        Chance: (MA + 35)%

• Abyssal Fall / Tentacle 2nd (1,500 JP; Replaces Slow)
        Range: 2
        Effect Area: 2
        Vertical: 2
        Linear Strike
        Adds (Seperate): Dead, Undead, Petrify, Darkness, Confusion, Silence, Blood Suck, Oil, Berserk, Frog Poison, Slow, Stop, Charm, Sleep, Don't Move, Don't Act, Death Sentence
        Chance: (MA + 30)%

- - - - - - - - - -

Heavenly Knight's New Status Sword Skills;

• Soothing Light / Stab Up (1,500 JP; Replaces Cure 2)
        Restore: (PA * 25) HP and (PA * 25/2) MP
        Chance: 100%

• Angel's Shield / Dash (1,700 JP; Replaces Wall)
        Adds (Seperate): Reraise, Transparent, Regen, Protect, Shell, Haste
        Chance: (PA + 100)%

- - - - - - - - - -

It's from above, but now you don't have to scroll up, hehe. Anyways, these are the official changes for v0.13 and will be posted when I get done editing all the ENTD files for the levels of the enemies. ^_^

Uploaded?: Yep!

Lydyn

April 24, 2008, 02:46:55 am #92 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
    The best I could do is add a .rar file of the FFT Patch file for you guys. Sorry, but you'll have to export the ENTD files and patch the SCUS_942.21 and BATTLE.BIN files yourself and import them.

I'm also going to add a .rar file of the UNIT.BIN as well so you guys can download it.

Lydyn

April 24, 2008, 03:13:43 am #93 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
    I'm almost thinking I have to do this later now ... ugh. I don't know why, but my 41 kb .rar file is not uploading at all and it's 1:15 AM in the morning.

If anyone figures out why I can't upload anything, let me know... my internet loads everything else fine. Maybe it'll work tomorrow... I have a headache.

Lydyn

April 24, 2008, 02:59:47 pm #94 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
    I give up! *Throws arms up* I can't seem to upload the file at all! If someone can tell me a way to do it, great, but until then .. I'm too freakin' annoyed to even try anymore. I've tried like a dozen file hosting places and these forums and nothing is working.

Lydyn

April 25, 2008, 02:25:56 pm #95 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
    .... f-i-n-a-l-l-y! It's finally uploaded! Geez, that was frustrating! Anyways, the original post is edited with the new link and the UNIT.BIN file to see the Heavenly & Chaos Knights in the formation screen.

I hope everyone that plays this enjoys all the new updates. ^^

Lydyn

April 29, 2008, 03:55:53 pm #96 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
    Known Bugs:

• Gafgarion & Agrias are level 10 when you get to Chapter 2 instead of level 19 like they should be. They're also lacking their sword skills.
    • Ramza is level 1 at the beginning of the game instead of level 2 like he should've been.
    • Magic City Squires are missing shields and such on the 2nd battle of the game, when they should have some more equipment like your own.
    • Gafgarion at Execution Site may not have Night Sword learned.

Austin

April 29, 2008, 06:15:21 pm #97 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
    To change Gafgarion's and Agrias' levels you have to edit ENTD#110, try that and tell me if it works. I don't know where Ramza has to be changed at though, I could never find it.
    For enemy squires have you tried lowering the enemy level for the escutcheon? That may work...
    Is night sword's chance to learn at 100% and is it set at 0jp?

Lydyn

April 29, 2008, 06:39:35 pm #98 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
    ... um, I know all this already. It's simple, actually. I simply forgot to change those things, they'll be fixed in v0.14 or whomever plays this can fix it themselves.

And Night Sword is 100% learn but is 600 JP, since the Chaos Knight can learn it, 100 JP was way too cheap. I just normally gave Gafgarion 5 levels in his base class and he learns it. *Shrug*

Anyways, the bug list was for those who play it to know what they were. ;)

Austin

April 29, 2008, 06:45:37 pm #99 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
    Oh well nevermind.8)
    Maybe you can help me then; where did you have to change Ramza at in the ENTD? I wanted to take the battle boots off him in my game.