• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 02:17:56 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

inflicting crystal status, and more!

Started by red_bird, February 26, 2009, 10:31:42 am

red_bird

February 26, 2009, 10:31:42 am Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 10:18:08 am by red_bird
if i set an ability, let's say secret fist, to add crystal status, will that automatically crystalize whatever it's used on?

also, same question, but with treasure status.

philsov

February 26, 2009, 10:33:49 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
assuming the ability connects and the target isn't immune to it, yes.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

red_bird

February 26, 2009, 10:39:09 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by red_bird
Soulcrush
Crystalizer

which one's sounds better?

philsov

February 26, 2009, 10:41:04 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Soulcrush by default (Crystalizer is too lame!), but you can do better ;)

red_bird

February 26, 2009, 10:48:48 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by red_bird
what about the inflict treasure status ability?
maybe a name with something along the lines of sealing an enemies soul into a weapon.

DarthPaul

February 26, 2009, 11:00:25 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Transmogrification.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Angel

February 26, 2009, 11:08:54 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by superjupi
^ win.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

red_bird

February 26, 2009, 11:10:53 am #7 Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:01:49 pm by red_bird
Transmorgification
so, how do i make the animation look like a cardboard box?

DarthPaul

February 26, 2009, 01:08:35 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Nice use of transmogrifier pun.........just don't turn it upside down.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Celdia

February 26, 2009, 05:38:16 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Celdia
..transMOGRIfication...

Just sayin'.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

red_bird

March 06, 2009, 12:04:31 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by red_bird
Nice use of transmogrifier pun.........just don't turn it upside down.

Things To Do With Your Time Machine
1.  abort dycedarg
2.  abort algus

red_bird

March 06, 2009, 01:46:21 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by red_bird
completely unrelated, but is it currently possible to create multiple job trees?  a tree for each faction (hokuten and nanten, for example).  and how are bard/dancers gender-job availability determined?

DarthPaul

March 06, 2009, 03:27:54 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "red_bird"Nice use of transmogrifier pun.........just don't turn it upside down.

Things To Do With Your Time Machine
1.  abort dycedarg
2.  abort algus

Don't forget kick Delita in the balls.

VincentCraven

March 06, 2009, 03:54:15 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "red_bird"completely unrelated, but is it currently possible to create multiple job trees?  a tree for each faction (hokuten and nanten, for example).  and how are bard/dancers gender-job availability determined?

I'm pretty sure there is a byte that checks if the character is male or female.  If you know how to do make that apply to several classes, you could make more female/male only classes.  And while you are at it, you could tell us how to remove the Mime status from Mime, etc.

So basically, we don't know how to make multiple job trees yet, as awesome as that would be.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

LastingDawn

March 06, 2009, 04:03:24 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Pardon? There's a very easy way Vincent, which is to use Bard and Dancer as a secondary base class past Squire, having all classes from there on require bard and Dancer seals the job to the other gender.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

VincentCraven

March 06, 2009, 05:12:36 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Hah, of course.

Don't listen to me my good sir, LD has the answer.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

gojoe

March 06, 2009, 07:09:20 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
or just ask razele to do it
I never learn from my mistakes.

red_bird

March 09, 2009, 10:24:11 am #17 Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:12:59 pm by red_bird
so i spent the past 8 hours messing around with FFTPatcher, and i made a list of formulae and the abilities that use them, and after looking at it i have some questions.  but first

things to do
-remove blade grasp trigger from jump skills
     -seems like a good idea
-give mime some status immunities
     -seems like a good idea
-make wish undead reversal
     -ramza now eats rotten corpses!

news
-making an ability that adds crystal status sucks.
-and i can't remove crystal status once i "add" it.

noobishness
-what does the ignore attack switch do?
-how did you guys fix the invisible dancer/bard bug?

thoughts
-how to make transparent equally useful to players and AI...
-maybe give transparent 100% evasion of all physical attacks
-maybe make transparent status double evasion and magic evasion
-maybe combine wall and transparent into something that makes you evade all attacks until you act or perform
-but that could lead to an unwinnable/unlosable battle, with player or enemy playing marco polo/keepaway.

asm requests
-asm request 1
change
Crossbow damage = PA * WP
to
Crossbow damage = SP * WP

-asm request 2
make 'Short Charge' and 'Non-Charge' affect CHARGE and JUMP.

-asm request 3
change a support ability or item to something that reverses item effects, so potions deal damage and the various status cure items add the status effects at 100% hit rate.  only problem would be using an elixir on a zodiac boss to cause 999 damage.

-asm request 4
make a "focus" (MA Boost, and only MA Boost) attack formula akin to the accumulate skill, use formula 3B. maybe there's a kind of bit toggle or something at work here (look at bard and dancer abiliites to see what i'm talking about).

other
-a few years ago, i would've sworn brave had something to do with cloud's limit skills, either in the hit rate or damage.  i tested it a bit, and i apparently had THC in my tapwater when i was growing up.

-what's the difference between 00, 01, and 05?
00 Dmg_[Weapon]
01 Dmg_[Weapon]
05 Dmg_[Weapon]

-FFTPatcher request:
i assume the formula dropdown boxes in Items and Abilities use the same formulas.  In future versions of FFTPatcher, could both the item and ability formulae be labeled, so i can make items that use ability formulae and vice-versa?  or could somebody provide the formula stuff (for both abilities and items) in the FFTPatcher Resources.zip?  there's only a "AbilityFormulas.xml" in the current Resources.zip.

and there's a .txt attached with more questions in it.

philsov

March 09, 2009, 11:20:18 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote-how did you guys fix the invisible dancer/bard bug?

Make the performing status cancel transparent.

Quote-and i can't remove crystal status once i "add" it.

I think it's possible, just set up any status removal formula to include Crystal.

Razele

March 09, 2009, 12:10:16 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
Quote-remove blade grasp trigger from jump skills
Not necessary. Blade Grasp can't be balanced, so it will be reworked.

Quote-give mime some status immunities
Already done in FFT 1.3

Quote-what does the ignore attack switch do?
Removing it does nothing, since the real function is hardcoded in the game. Probably used by AI, maybe.
It's used for Wall status to block all attacks.

Quote-maybe give transparent 100% evasion of all physical attacks
I'll ask new idea for Transparent / Oil / Wall / Status X after support / movement / reaction ability rework is finished.

Quote-maybe combine wall and transparent into something that makes you evade all attacks until you act or perform
This will result in Trans-Dance abuse.

Quote-asm request 1
change
Crossbow damage = PA * WP
to
Crossbow damage = SP * WP

-asm request 4
make a "focus" (MA Boost, and only MA Boost) attack formula akin to the accumulate skill, use formula 3B. maybe there's a kind of bit toggle or something at work here (look at bard and dancer abiliites to see what i'm talking about).
SentinalBlade and melonhead are still working on Formula Editor. Just wait for it to be finished.

Quote-asm request 3
change a support ability or item to something that reverses item effects, so potions deal damage and the various status cure items add the status effects at 100% hit rate. only problem would be using an elixir on a zodiac boss to cause 999 damage.
With this support ability, you can kill most enemies / boss by throwing Potion / Hi-Potion / X-Potion / Elixir in early chapters.

Quote-a few years ago, i would've sworn brave had something to do with cloud's limit skills, either in the hit rate or damage. i tested it a bit, and i apparently had THC in my tapwater when i was growing up.
http://www.ffhacktics.com/wiki/Formulas

Brave Skillsets
Braver Formula : 4E Dmg_(MA*Y)
Cross Slash : 4E Dmg_(MA*Y)
Blade Beam : 43 Dmg_CasMaxHP - CasCurHP) NS
Climhazzard : 45 Dmg_(TarMaxHP - TarCurHP) NS
Meteorain : 4E Dmg_(MA*Y)
Finish Touch : 38 100%
Omnislash : 4E Dmg_(MA*Y)
Cherry Blossom : 4E Dmg_(MA*Y)