• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 03:35:49 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Tired of lolpatch

Started by Bastard Poetry, February 13, 2009, 01:21:57 pm

Quitcha Bitchin?

Yeah.. We're going overboard with this lolpatch war.
17 (44.7%)
Fuck you, Bastard.
4 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: February 13, 2009, 01:21:57 pm

DarthPaul

February 14, 2009, 12:10:00 am #80 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Cheetah does seem like a good candidate, but we don't want to "overload his plate" as it where.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

dwib

February 14, 2009, 12:11:06 am #81 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
SydneySould and HatterMadigan are getting totally off subject.
Back to the real issue. Asmo is NOT such a bad guy. Asmo WOULD clean up the forums. Asmo IS the best man for the job right now. If I said Asmo is HOPE and CHANGE would you want him to be moderator? If I used happy words instead of mean, angry words like "realistic" and "critical" (which are positive traits for this position) would you want him to be moderator? I don't get what people want, becasue SydneySoul and HatterMadigan seem like they are arguing because they want to argue.

DarthPaul

February 14, 2009, 12:12:19 am #82 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Voldemort"you guys are pussies

I think she meant a calm but honest person. Someone who know were the line is on roughness but will also step in to stop the lol.

Also as the quote goes FLAMING 101.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

dwib

February 14, 2009, 12:13:10 am #83 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Quote from: "HatterMadigan"A soft-spoken individual with patience and a slow temper with no outbursts of mean-ness, but knows when enough is enough.

i just pooped my pants

HatterMadigan

February 14, 2009, 12:13:21 am #84 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
Voldemort, I've got news about pussies... I HAVE ONE. I'm a girl! And I stand by what I said. Most don't want a bull on rampage as a moderator of their precious ideas! They want someone to help, guide, whatever, so that their idea can see fruition. I doubt that the majority would be happy with a mean moderator. Someone who can be mean is needed, yes. But not neccessarily mean, as I have heard about Asmo.

CidIII

February 14, 2009, 12:13:47 am #85 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
Soft-spoken people generally do not make good leaders.

And, I don't see hazing people off of the site as a positive trait.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

DarthPaul

February 14, 2009, 12:14:33 am #86 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Dwib I think you have touched the point.

Though realistic is a good quality while critical is the quality that has thrown us into this argument.

The mod has to be a critic of the ideas at hand but not become to critical of the ideas or users get angry.

Archael

February 14, 2009, 12:14:54 am #87 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:19:18 am by Archael
the thing is too many people think "Asmo" they think "pwning n00bs and making them ragequit"

and while he has done that before

he's still an amazing idea person

if you don't know Asmo beyond the random flames you've seen him do

and if you haven't worked with Asmo in chat like LD, Zodiac, SB, and Myself have,

then don't talk about how he'd act as a moderator for an ideas forum

the ppl criticizing Asmo don't know what they are talking about

if I wanted ideas for my patch I would pick Asmo over ANYONE on this entire site

period

that's why he would make a kickass mod

not because he has flamed people before

I'll say it again: you guys are being a bunch of pussies and I really hope we don't get a subpar moderator because of it

because Asmo is the best you got for this position

QuoteVoldemort, I've got news about pussies... I HAVE ONE. I'm a girl!

congrats

I got what you were trying to say dude, and you're still wrong

Asmo #1

HatterMadigan

February 14, 2009, 12:17:18 am #88 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
dwib, I'm trying to argue about this with hopefully sensible solutions. I'm not just going to argue about something with nothing, because that will go nowhere. And darthpaul, yes that is what I meant. Gosh!

And I'm sorry if anyone thinks I get off topic, I was diagnosed with ADD. I admit that my 'Guide' suggestion was a little off topic.

And Asmo is not the real issue on this topic. Just an issue for an issue.

SydneySoul

February 14, 2009, 12:17:24 am #89 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:20:00 am by SydneySoul
Pointing out what is needed for a community isn't arguing. This refuting of you saying that I was arguing is arguing. And considering that we're talking about the nomination of a moderator, I've stayed pretty well on topic.
Lil' gay soul manipulator lolpatcher.

DarthPaul

February 14, 2009, 12:17:45 am #90 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "CidIII"Soft-spoken people generally do not make good leaders.

And, I don't see hazing people off of the site as a positive trait.

Not true soft spoken leaders are the great ones along with smart and wise leaders. You are looking at "soft-hearted" leaders. They are the ones who fail.

And hazing people off? Algus had that idea for the users with no posts. Look what happened to him. We want our community to grow not stay the size it is now.

We need new users to bring fresh ideas and the such.

Archael

February 14, 2009, 12:22:03 am #91 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael

HatterMadigan

February 14, 2009, 12:22:20 am #92 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HatterMadigan
Pointing out what is needed for the community is arguing if it can help solve the problem in any way! I'm getting out now while I can. Maybe this will cool down. Hopefully. Because I agree with some and then I agree with others. Most of you have good points. Check back in a bit. Bye

DarthPaul

February 14, 2009, 12:23:18 am #93 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Voldemort the point of the matter is is this going to be a democracy as Zodiac seems to have built it into. (And don't say then why don't we vote a new admin, that argument would be retarded.)

Or become a communist forum where everything is decided for us.

The people who have yet to learn who Asmo really is still have an opinion of him. That opinion is important.

Though I would like to get to know the side of him that is an idea analysis machine, we have to remember it is not just you SB LD and Zodiac here. You seem to suggest that the project leaders are right and we should hang on their every word. (Which I do but that's because I see the wisdom.)

Archael

February 14, 2009, 12:24:36 am #94 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "ph33rb0t"Voldemort the point of the matter is is this going to be a democracy as Zodiac seems to have built it into.

no

zodiac does as he wants

always has

that's why this site owns

decisions aren't infinitely held up on pointless debate, he just goes with what needs to be done

lol @ your bringing up democracy

btw my sig!!!

QuoteThough I would like to get to know the side of him that is an idea analysis machine,

that's the only side that matters for this job

DarthPaul

February 14, 2009, 12:26:43 am #95 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Nice sig. And I was referring to the way he looks for our opinion first. If we were a true democracy nothing would get done here and we would stuck in a rut.

Archael

February 14, 2009, 12:27:46 am #96 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "ph33rb0t"Nice sig. And I was referring to the way he looks for our opinion first. If we were a true democracy nothing would get done here and we would stuck in a rut.

then yes, you're right

LastingDawn

February 14, 2009, 12:28:10 am #97 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Alright, after a deleted post (curse you Vista...) let's try this again (with 10 x less legibility...)

Yes there is a problem. The problem is, as been said is our unaccepting attitude towards new members. I will be the first to admit it. We cannot enter into an elitist mindset, I was once a moderator at another community, but because I wasn't there since it's relative inception I was normally looked down upon by the "veterans". Their existence seemed to be reviling new members and any threat to the way things were done. They were a bunch of pranksters who you really couldn't tell when they were serious or not (of course that community is another whole nutshell, it's purpose in mention only to explain my reasoning)

I see the same thing happpening here, not quite to the same extent, but that's how it always begins. Before you realize it you're immersed with putting down new members that dare to stand against your "ideals". The difference is this time I see what it's like being inside said, "clique" but in this I just can't stand with them. I command respect, for actually very little reason, the feeling's not exactly refreshing, since I've done very little to gain such. It is only because I'm with the "gifted individuals" that I carry this kind of weight around. That is the trouble with those kinds of happenings. Though it will always happen regardless. Remedying it once it's started though is not impossible. That is what we should aim to do.

We should allow the newer members to help us, and we in turn should help them. Now I'm not saying make every idea into a glorious beacon of light. But at least lend the person a bit of direction. Our large projects are just that. Because of their nature they will always attract people. They are projects that many people can help on, which is one of the reasons it has it's own section. Now I assure you though. Who ever becomes mod, they will do it in their own way.

Our contestants are Dominic and Asmo. Dominic has a generally great reputation, if not a bit unknown, from his debates about War of the Lions he seems to be able to stand his ground quite well. He is a very helpful person and has said he wants this position to feel he's doing more for the community. There would be moderation under his watch. Asmo is not so wholly different as you all are making him out to be, though. I have spent a lot of time speaking with him, dare I say I have many of Mercenaries achievements thanks to his advice. He is well spoken, but as Bastard Poetry has said, both Voldemort and Asmo might want to take a bit of a break from poking fun at others. That in itself is a rather poor character trait. That I feel is what a lot of people fear from him. He may also be a bit too heavy handed with his words at times, perhaps a bit too rough for a brand new member. Only experience would tell that though.

Whoever is chosen though will do a great job, but as mentioned before... it's not a matter of this section. This is just a stepping stone. As it stands now anyone who really stands against us "veterans", are continually ridiculed and it is no surprise they would leave. We should accept all Members as equal. Not all Ideas, but members. It is unwise to judge a member simply by one bad idea. Especially when everyone has vast room for improvement. If we get people to pul their weight, train them, no doubt that even the most backward and computer illterate person could become a great success, their ideas coming to fruition is the main reason many people join this community. After all, as philsov is always saying "Where all your dreams come true". It is what we should strive to make this community.

Say what you will about us "carebears", this approach worked great at the last community I was at. It helped many others look at the grand scope of what can be done, crack down on a main focal point, and work. I apologize for the long post, or if this is unreadable, but I'd just like to assure people that the moderator chosen, whoever it will be, will be the right man for the job. The main problem is not this situation, just what this situation is actually alluding to happening. Please everyone, keep this in mind.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

February 14, 2009, 12:31:39 am #98 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
QuoteOur contestants are Dominic and Asmo. Dominic has a generally great reputation, if not a bit unknown, from his debates about War of the Lions he seems to be able to stand his ground quite well. He is a very helpful person and has said he wants this position to feel he's doing more for the community. There would be moderation under his watch. Asmo is not so wholly different as you all are making him out to be, though. I have spent a lot of time speaking with him, dare I say I have many of Mercenaries achievements thanks to his advice. He is well spoken, but as Bastard Poetry has said, both Voldemort and Asmo might want to take a bit of a break from poking fun at others. That in itself is a rather poor character trait. That I feel is what a lot of people fear from him. He may also be a bit too heavy handed with his words at times, perhaps a bit too rough for a brand new member. Only experience would tell that though.

it's all unreadable (though I did read all of it)

I'll just say this

if Dominic gets the job and carebears it for 1 second I'm going to send a lolpatchbomb your way

a big one

also: do not make the mistake of thinking this is anything like what happened at your beloved community that exploded for no reason (Zodiac commands here dude)

I have zero intention of being hostile to anyone in this topic after this issue is resolved, and I'm sure they feel the same way

Asmo X

February 14, 2009, 12:39:08 am #99 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
May I? BP, you don't know what you're talking about. You don't even have a notion. We discuss this forum in channel constantly (where every discussion of worth happens), and I have offered suggestion after suggestion about how it could be improved. I just now sent a PM to Zodiac with even more suggestions, none of which call for the deletion of ANYTHING. On the other hand, we have, in this thread, about half a dozen people running around with their hands in the air, warning of deletions and tyrants and cliques and insensitivity and how something simply MUST be done about the New Projects forum, without offering anything approaching a good solution. If I come across as constantly negative, do consider for a moment, that it might be because of the neverending tide of horseshit that is posted in this forum and may not necessarily have to do with my demeanor generally. I post some corn and people think they know me.