• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 02:26:49 am

FFT Sonic?

Started by Hydrallx, January 27, 2009, 06:01:45 pm

Hydrallx

January 29, 2009, 12:00:35 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Hydrallx
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"back to the topic of Super Mario RPG, they just released the Lazy Shell editor on Romhacking.net, I looked it over and its amazing, if only FFTPatcher was as comprehensive as this, text, sprites, data, and even map and event editing in one patcher. Granted, Tactics is a much, MUCH larger game then SMRPG, but its still really cool.

This thread was never about mario RPG, some mario fan boys just came on here and pretty much said fuck sonic, we're gonna rant about some feeble attempt to join the RPG genre by a retarded plumber that gets high off shrooms goes to a kingdom where there is a princess that gets fucked by a giant dragon/turtle  that throws hammer, shoots fireballs and they all manage to hang out in between games to go go-kart racing, play baseball, basketball, tennis, soccer and golf.

Dormin Jake

January 29, 2009, 01:18:09 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Quote from: "Hydrallx"This thread was never about mario RPG, some mario fan boys just came on here and pretty much said fuck sonic, we're gonna rant about some feeble attempt to join the RPG genre by a retarded plumber that gets high off shrooms goes to a kingdom where there is a princess that gets fucked by a giant dragon/turtle  that throws hammer, shoots fireballs and they all manage to hang out in between games to go go-kart racing, play baseball, basketball, tennis, soccer and golf.
Jealousy!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

philsov

January 29, 2009, 01:37:16 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Sonic had pinball.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

DarthPaul

January 29, 2009, 02:08:42 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
^Win.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

FFMaster

January 29, 2009, 04:13:50 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Quote from: "Hydrallx"This thread was never about mario RPG, some mario fan boys just came on here and pretty much said fuck sonic, we're gonna rant about some feeble attempt to join the RPG genre by a retarded plumber that gets high off shrooms goes to a kingdom where there is a princess that gets fucked by a giant dragon/turtle  that throws hammer, shoots fireballs and they all manage to hang out in between games to go go-kart racing, play baseball, basketball, tennis, soccer and golf.

In case you don't understand
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

dwib

January 29, 2009, 11:22:18 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"back to the topic of Super Mario RPG, they just released the Lazy Shell editor on Romhacking.net, I looked it over and its amazing, if only FFTPatcher was as comprehensive as this, text, sprites, data, and even map and event editing in one patcher. Granted, Tactics is a much, MUCH larger game then SMRPG, but its still really cool.

dude thank you so much

VincentCraven

January 30, 2009, 08:34:55 am #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Sweet.  I need some of this SMRPG action.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Hydrallx

January 30, 2009, 04:44:55 pm #27 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Hydrallx
Quote from: "FFMaster"

In case you don't understand

okay, I don't know what that mean

FFMaster

January 30, 2009, 04:54:04 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Your topic got stolen.

Are there any good SMRPG hacks out there?

Hydrallx

January 31, 2009, 02:33:47 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Hydrallx
just so you know, mario has made far more horrible games than sonic.

MagiTek v1.0

January 31, 2009, 02:49:31 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MagiTek v1.0
You wish...Mario has made decent family games, which wa sit's aim, sonic's aim was to make ... actually at this point it's pretty damn hard to tell exactly WHAT they were thinking! The new sdonic rpg is terrible, shadow the hedgehog fails, and everything aside from the remakes needs to die.

VincentCraven

January 31, 2009, 03:00:01 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I'm not worried about the bad games that Mario is in.

I'm just saying that SMRPG is awesome.

dwib

January 31, 2009, 04:21:58 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
There are plenty of Mario games that don't deserve much credit (like the sunshine one or whatever)
but there are plenty of Sonic games that are just as bad.
But Sonic does not have anything to match up to SMRPG

Hydrallx

January 31, 2009, 04:48:53 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Hydrallx
Quote from: "dwib"There are plenty of Mario games that don't deserve much credit (like the sunshine one or whatever)
but there are plenty of Sonic games that are just as bad.
But Sonic does not have anything to match up to SMRPG

then clearly you have not played sonic the hedgehog 3 and knuckles

FFMaster

January 31, 2009, 07:34:09 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Good work comparing 2 completely different games. I hate when people do that.

HEY GUYS WHATS BETTER FINAL FANTASY OR COUNTERSTRIKE?????

VincentCraven

January 31, 2009, 07:38:09 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Alas it is too late,

for SMRPG will always have a place in my heart as one of my childhood favorites.

Oh if only I could go back and replace SMRPG with Sonic3.

Then, my friend, we would see which is the better two.

I recall from many ages ago, a wistful wish that I know
Would I were to divulge, it would please you

So

A wish to play a game
A wish to raise a (what's it's name)
I had an image, so swift, so fleeting
but it was of Sonic and of some cute wee-thing

It could be evil
It could be cute
But beware what you fed it
For that effects how it grew

I know I'm being vague
But know I can't recall
A wistful wish it was

It was, and that is all.

Hydrallx

January 31, 2009, 08:33:26 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Hydrallx
Quote from: "FFMaster"Good work comparing 2 completely different games. I hate when people do that.

HEY GUYS WHATS BETTER FINAL FANTASY OR COUNTERSTRIKE?????

never played counterstrike, can't give you a good answer

dwib

January 31, 2009, 08:56:56 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
in fact i HAVE played sonic the hedgehog 3 and knuckles. along with the first sonic. and the second. and sonic 3 without knuckles. and sonic and knuckles. and sonic heros.

but i ask you a question, good friend. which came first... the chicken or the egg?

FFMaster

January 31, 2009, 09:07:50 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Believe it or not, I am not a Mario fanboy. I've only played SMRPG recently (1-2 years ago). Only other Mario games I've played are Super Mario Bros 3 and Mario Kart DS. My childhood consisted of Final Fantasy, Doom and Street Fighter.

It really is annoying how Mario is plastered into every game genre though. If Sonic survived in the SEGA vs NINTENDO war, then we would also see Sonic Kart, Sonic Sports etc. and others would complain about how Sonic is in every game genre possible.

For the platformer games, I would say both had their merits. Both will be remembered by Mario fans and Sonic fans alike. If only newer platformers were this good....

Angel

February 01, 2009, 05:28:01 am #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by superjupi
Quote from: "FFMaster"If Sonic survived in the SEGA vs NINTENDO war, then we would also see Sonic Kart, Sonic Sports etc. and others would complain about how Sonic is in every game genre possible.
Sonic Kart? How about Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic R, Sonic Riders and its sequel, Zero Gravity? And let's not forget Sonic Shuffle, the Mario Party wannabe. And does Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games count as a sports title, or negate the point since it also features Mario? If not, there are still plenty of other whored out titles to pick from, like Mean Bean Machine, Spinball, Tails' Sky Patrol, Sonic: The Fighters, and so on and so on. If anything, Sonic is MORE whored out than Mario.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?