• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Razele's ASM Hacks

Started by Razele, January 01, 2009, 02:08:08 pm

Asmo X

January 24, 2009, 11:58:32 am #120 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Well there you go. Shows how much i use transparent (never). Thanks.

Vanya

January 24, 2009, 12:17:17 pm #121 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Tested the Wall hack, but there seems to be a problem. It isn't reducing damage at all. I think it might be clearing the wall status when the next unit's turn starts instead of when the affected unit's next turn starts.

I double checked to make sure I typed it in correct. I did.

I tried it out in two battles. At Orbonne Monastery I perma-stopped everyone except Ramza & Gafgarion. And I did the same at the first event at Mandalia Plains with Ramza and Delita.

At Orbonne, the wall effect was always gone when I check Ramza's status with Gafgarion after Ramza applied wall to himself.

At Mandlia, The wall status was still there on Delita's turn, but he still did damage to Ramza.

I tried both with physical and magical damage skills with the same results.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

January 24, 2009, 12:22:59 pm #122 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
That's a shame.. I really hope he gets to fix it, Wall being a new status (it even has the description and text properly already in-game) would be very useful for new projects and their jobs

Vanya

January 24, 2009, 12:26:48 pm #123 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
It would be great to have a complete Knight job for my classics patch.

BTW, Razele, could the wall be made to force the defending pose like defending does? It isn't imperative, so don't worry about it if it's too much of a hassle. ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

VincentCraven

January 24, 2009, 12:27:07 pm #124 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "Razele"Zodiac already found out how to do it :
http://www.ffhacktics.com/wiki/Shop_Selling_Lists

Even Better! Thanks.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Vanya

January 24, 2009, 12:38:32 pm #125 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "Razele"[Transparent]
Appearance:  Character is translucent
Description:  Character is ignored by computer-controlled units.  Attacks
made by a Transparent character ignore all evade percentages -- physical
AND magical.  Transparent is cancelled at the end of any AT during which
the Transparent character takes an action or the Transparent character
takes any damage.
Add with:  Sunken State (R), Secret Clothes (1), Vanish Mantle (1),
           Setiemson (1)
Cancel with:  Dispel Magic, Despair, Despair 2, Odd Soundwave,
              act with Transparent unit, damage Transparent unit
Duration:  player-determined

You know, from reading this, it occurs to me that if wall had transparent's visual effect it would already make a better transparent effect than transparent. This would be especially true with the addition of that last hack.

And likewise, if Transparent didn't have the visual effect the ignored by enemies thing it would make a better 'concentrating' status. It would be like having a perfect Aim ability as it was in FF4. And the don't ignore hack is already done, too. ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

Razele

January 24, 2009, 12:57:33 pm #126 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
Quote from: "Vanya"Tested the Wall hack, but there seems to be a problem. It isn't reducing damage at all. I think it might be clearing the wall status when the next unit's turn starts instead of when the affected unit's next turn starts.

I double checked to make sure I typed it in correct. I did.

I tried it out in two battles. At Orbonne Monastery I perma-stopped everyone except Ramza & Gafgarion. And I did the same at the first event at Mandalia Plains with Ramza and Delita.

At Orbonne, the wall effect was always gone when I check Ramza's status with Gafgarion after Ramza applied wall to himself.

At Mandlia, The wall status was still there on Delita's turn, but he still did damage to Ramza.

I tried both with physical and magical damage skills with the same results.

Weird. Working fine for me.
Agrias has Wall, and receive 0 damage from Ramza :
I'm using Poison trigger. Poison give the unit damage after the unit finished act.
So, Wall status expire after the units finished their act.
In your case, if you cast it on yourself, it will expire after you 'Wait', or Move and Act. Try to make other cast Wall on Ramza.

Instead of stopping everyone, change Sprint shoes to give +50 speed and give it to Ramza, alongside with Non Charge support ability.
That's how I test this case.

Also, you're not allowed to change the Wall CT. Keep it as 24, or higher, but don't change it to 0.

Quote from: "Vanya"It would be great to have a complete Knight job for my classics patch.

BTW, Razele, could the wall be made to force the defending pose like defending does? It isn't imperative, so don't worry about it if it's too much of a hassle. ^_^
I haven't found out where the game store the character animation in battle for each units.

Vanya

January 24, 2009, 01:28:06 pm #127 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "Razele"Weird. Working fine for me.
Agrias has Wall, and receive 0 damage from Ramza :
I'm using Poison trigger. Poison give the unit damage after the unit finished act.
So, Wall status expire after the units finished their act.
In your case, if you cast it on yourself, it will expire after you 'Wait', or Move and Act. Try to make other cast Wall on Ramza.

Instead of stopping everyone, change Sprint shoes to give +50 speed and give it to Ramza, alongside with Non Charge support ability.
That's how I test this case.

Also, you're not allowed to change the Wall CT. Keep it as 24, or higher, but don't change it to 0.

So in it's current form it's no good for the caster. Is there any way to make it ignore 'Wait' and 'Move' so it can be effective with a caster only skill?

Quote from: "Razele"I haven't found out where the game store the character animation in battle for each units.

Well, Zodiac found the caster animations for each skill slot. Look here.
I don't think these are exactly what you would need for this, but the relevant data might be near by. ^_^

In the mean time I was thinking of just combining wall and defending status together. Would there be any problems with them stacking?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Razele

January 24, 2009, 01:54:19 pm #128 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteSo in it's current form it's no good for the caster. Is there any way to make it ignore 'Wait' and 'Move' so it can be effective with a caster only skill?

If you use Wall for caster only skill, just increase the duration for 2 turns.
First turn, the caster cast Wall, counter decreased from 2 to 1 when he finished act. Second turn, the caster has Wall. If he finished act, counter will be decreased from 1 to 0. Wall expires.

I set Wall to reduce attacker's PA to 0, but it seems there's sanity check for minimum PA to prevent underflow. Minimum PA = 1.

Normal, PA = 99, WP = 40

With Wall, PA reduced to 1, WP = 40

QuoteWell, Zodiac found the caster animations for each skill slot. Look here.
I don't think these are exactly what you would need for this, but the relevant data might be near by. ^_^
Nope, it's a different data.
I have searched it in character battle data block (3019pppC - 3019uuu2) without any result.

QuoteIn the mean time I was thinking of just combining wall and defending status together. Would there be any problems with them stacking?
There should be no problem with Defending + Wall stack together.

LastingDawn

January 24, 2009, 01:58:01 pm #129 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... here's... what seems a gargantuan task, Razele, do you think  you could reactivate the Books? We know they exist in the PSX version, they're just disabled, so far we haven't been able to see hide nor hair, but maybe you could find the triggers and re-enable them?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

January 24, 2009, 04:37:36 pm #130 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Long Overdue Request:

Alter Potion / Hi-Potion / X-Potion Healing Formula to heal % of MAX HP, instead of 10*Z

Example:

1) Potion: Heal 25% MAX HP
2) Hi-Potion: Heal 33% MAX HP
3) X-Potion: Heal 50% MAX HP

Vanya

January 24, 2009, 04:44:40 pm #131 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
QuoteIf you use Wall for caster only skill, just increase the duration for 2 turns.
First turn, the caster cast Wall, counter decreased from 2 to 1 when he finished act. Second turn, the caster has Wall. If he finished act, counter will be decreased from 1 to 0. Wall expires.

I do this by altering the CT? 48 instead of 24?
Edit: guess not 'cause that didn't work.

Quote from: "Voldemort7"Long Overdue Request:

Alter Potion / Hi-Potion / X-Potion Healing Formula to heal % of MAX HP, instead of 10*Z

Example:

Great idea!! I don't know why I never thought to ask for that. I second this request. ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

The Damned

January 24, 2009, 09:25:02 pm #132 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
I know you're swamped with stuff and I hope to get into ASM hacking myself by next week (though considering that I STILL haven't started FFXII...), which is why I've been rather hesitant to ask for things different from what others have been asking; I've also been hestiant to ask for things because some of them I'm unsure if I was going to use or not.

However, there was something I had been meaning to ask that no one else has asked that I'm certain that I'm going to use (since I don't want to have to get rid of something ELSE) for generics: If possible, then after you are done with the above requests, could you please try your dedicated hand at nerfing Teleport so that it takes the Jump stat into account as well as the Move stat?

The reason I'm asking for this particular patch is because a)Teleport overshadows both Ignore Height and Fly, especially since the latter two's negation of fall damage applies to so few maps and b)Teleport is thusly vastly, vastly overused.

Also with regards to Teleport, I'm also curious if there's some way to increase the percentage of failure for Teleports outside of the Move and (what I hope is capable soon) Jump radius.

This will probably take a while on top of being not pressing and something I wish to look into myself when I start ASM hacking.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

VincentCraven

January 24, 2009, 09:51:38 pm #133 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
The Damned brings up a good point.

I'd also like Teleport to effectively be used only for getting through obstacles, not for appearing way up on top of them, if that's possible.

As far as the AI is concerned, it rarely goes beyond the safe zone of Teleportation, yet the player can easily move another 3 spaces with a high chance of success.  Perhaps if the drop off rate was 25% per extra square instead of 10%, that would be better.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Vanya

January 24, 2009, 11:23:32 pm #134 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Wouldn't be as simple as making teleport use the basic movement routine to select it's range? And that might solve the infinite jump range thing at the same time. ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

Razele

January 25, 2009, 12:50:14 am #135 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteLong Overdue Request:

Example:

I prefer

1) Potion:    Max(30,Heal 25% MAX HP)
2) Hi-Potion: Max(70,Heal 33% MAX HP)
3) X-Potion: Max(150,Heal 50% MAX HP)

Heal 25% from Max HP will make Potion too weak at chapter 1, unless you make Potion, Hi-Potion, and X-Potion available at chapter 1.

QuoteI do this by altering the CT? 48 instead of 24?
Edit: guess not 'cause that didn't work.

I'll use Defending trigger for Wall. That should solve the problem.

QuoteHmm... here's... what seems a gargantuan task, Razele, do you think you could reactivate the Books? We know they exist in the PSX version, they're just disabled, so far we haven't been able to see hide nor hair, but maybe you could find the triggers and re-enable them?

The books ? You mean the Brave Story "Fact" section or Book of Enavia ?

QuoteThe Damned brings up a good point.

I'd also like Teleport to effectively be used only for getting through obstacles, not for appearing way up on top of them, if that's possible.

As far as the AI is concerned, it rarely goes beyond the safe zone of Teleportation, yet the player can easily move another 3 spaces with a high chance of success. Perhaps if the drop off rate was 25% per extra square instead of 10%, that would be better.

So far, I haven't messed with Teleport or touch RNG function.

QuoteWouldn't be as simple as making teleport use the basic movement routine to select it's range? And that might solve the infinite jump range thing at the same time. ^_^
This is a good idea.
If I can change Teleport's range to be the same as the Move+1, that should solve most of the problems.

Archael

January 25, 2009, 02:17:19 am #136 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Razele"
QuoteLong Overdue Request:

Example:

I prefer

1) Potion:    Max(30,Heal 25% MAX HP)
2) Hi-Potion: Max(70,Heal 33% MAX HP)
3) X-Potion: Max(150,Heal 50% MAX HP)

???

Don't understand

30 + 25% Max HP?

if so,

150 + 50% Max HP? that'd make X Potion too good

Vanya

January 25, 2009, 02:29:19 am #137 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
X-Potions should heal 100% HP like in every other Final Fantasy and offset it by making it extremely rare and expensive.

I'd then prefer Potion and Hi-Potion to heal 25% and 50% HP respectively.

If, Razele, you mean that the potions should heal a minimum amount of HP, then I'm totally in agreement.
¯\(°_0)/¯

nates1984

January 25, 2009, 03:11:04 am #138 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by nates1984
A straight 30 HP or 25% of max HP, which ever is higher.

That'd probably be better for numerous reasons.

You could probably use a branch to do it. Load 30 and 25%, if 25% is higher branch off to an area where you write 25% in the relevant temp address, if 30 is higher don't branch and write that to the temp address. You could use the old formula to determine what the constant number is I guess, that way you could still alter that number in the FFTPatcher in case you wanted to change it later, and you wouldn't have to code in any numbers manually.

Items don't consider br/fa/pa/ma/anything, so that'd probably be easy enough to put in, but the branches and shit would have to be written from scratch. You could jump out right after it loads the constant value, but before it alters the HP, that way it'd save some space.

Jump to new area, load 25%, branch so that if 25% is lower it jumps right back to the area you came from, if 25% is higher transfer that value to whatever registry the constant was in, then jump back to the area you came from.

You'd have to have a different area for each potion type though, at least with my understanding. Or you could do some fancy shit with the item value and some more jumps to load one of the three percentage values. Subtract the lowest potions item value from each one, if 0 go here, if 1 go here, if 2 go here. I haven't looked at items though, so it might be harder then that.

Now that I think about it, it probably uses the same ASM code for all three items, it just loads a constant from a different spot depending what the item value is. I know how'd I'd do it, but once it was written you'd have to manually edit the branches in WinHex, and if you changed the constant in FFTPatcher then it'd fuck everything up without doing that. The constant value is what the branches would go by.

All of those methods are probably inferior to what Raz would do. I'm actually interested in seeing how he'd do it.

Archael

January 25, 2009, 03:17:26 am #139 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
QuoteA straight 30 HP or 25% of max HP, which ever is higher.

Ohhhh ok

if so

that's pretty good