• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Scryer Job Discussion (New Format on Front Page!)

Started by LastingDawn, November 16, 2008, 02:24:41 pm

Dormin Jake

January 03, 2009, 10:40:10 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
I would personally think so.  Dragons tend to be more rarely encountered as far as monsters go, no?  So dragoons affecting all monsters would comfortably increase their scope.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

LastingDawn

January 05, 2009, 03:56:12 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
As per The Damned's suggestion, the Scryer is just about ready to go!
Update on the first post!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dormin Jake

January 05, 2009, 05:21:00 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
Great name, Scryer.

You've got some really creative things going on with those runes.  I'm especially fond of Hide Rune, and I really like how you're implementing Fury/Faith modification.  Makes those two stats a lot more meaningful.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

boomkick

January 05, 2009, 05:37:59 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Id actually go for a higher effect for the runes (Faith and Fury Runes) unless you are going to make more then one (or two) of each. +20 and +5 perm maybe?

LastingDawn

January 07, 2009, 03:28:39 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh there's many more then one, there's probably going to be at least 10 of each, they would be treasures for fulfilling specifics in certain battles, also a guaranteed batch for giving one side the "advantage" in the Lion War. But now Fury is a double edged sword, it carries the same fear as it does with Faith, the higher your Fury the more you damage, but the more you take physical damage.

Art of War

PX_Timefordeath

January 08, 2009, 10:06:53 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
You should give them move-find item as it fits them searching for runes.

LastingDawn

January 09, 2009, 03:55:28 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Well that will probably be innate to both the Scryer and the Traveler.

Art of War

LastingDawn

August 18, 2009, 02:16:17 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Alright! Large update on the first post, this is basically the format of how things will look on the first posts from hereon out!

Art of War

mav

August 18, 2009, 02:27:14 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Very nice! That was quite easy to follow and thorough all at once.

beawulfx

August 18, 2009, 02:59:27 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Looks great LD, very clear and easy to read. Will definitely make the job threads better, much better.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

Skip Sandwich

August 18, 2009, 03:07:17 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Here's an idea for the Elixir replacement rune, have it increase the target's level by +1, call it the Dream rune. Admittedly, the only use such an item would be to the player is to speed up level grinding for stats, but imagine what the enemy could do with it's unlimited supply. Alternatively, make it a self-destruct style attack, the Martyr rune or somesuch.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

SilvasRuin

August 18, 2009, 03:08:18 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Elixir - Heaven's Rune (Recover's all HP/MP while Slowing, stopping, and freezing the target in place) *Is Impossible* Any ideas for this would be great.

Hrm...  It might step on the toes of other abilities, but Don't Move and Don't Act would effectively stop them without preventing Regen or Haste.  All these statuses except for Regen are based on battle time, not turns, correct?  So Haste shouldn't make Don't Move and Don't Act wear off faster.  Haste would make Regen occur faster, so while they wouldn't be fully healed, they would get the healing faster than they would otherwise.  Thing is... that wouldn't heal mp and it wouldn't occur fast enough to really help remove the unit from being in danger.  Hrm... Protect and Shell too?  Which would wear out faster, the positive statuses or the negative?

Also, wonderful organization.  Very informative.

MiKeMiTchi

August 18, 2009, 07:45:18 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
QuoteAlright! Large update on the first post, this is basically the format of how things will look on the first posts from hereon out!
Looks neat.

I won't comment on the skills, yet..,
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

LastingDawn

August 18, 2009, 11:53:40 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Alright, Final format, I put up a little extra something...

Art of War

SilvasRuin

August 19, 2009, 12:41:00 am #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
That is awesome.  I love your using the traditional FF jobs to represent about where the stats fall.

dwib

August 19, 2009, 04:12:21 am #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
The new format is GREAT! Planning to update the other threads the same way?

Here is something completely different for Elixir... Not sure if it's what you're going for.
Refresh Rune (Sets CT00 to all enemy and ally units)
Could be helpful for high speed teams.

PX_Timefordeath

August 19, 2009, 05:08:10 am #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"Here's an idea for the Elixir replacement rune, have it increase the target's level by +1, call it the Dream rune. Admittedly, the only use such an item would be to the player is to speed up level grinding for stats, but imagine what the enemy could do with it's unlimited supply. Alternatively, make it a self-destruct style attack, the Martyr rune or somesuch.

LastingDawn

August 19, 2009, 08:29:55 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"Here's an idea for the Elixir replacement rune, have it increase the target's level by +1, call it the Dream rune. Admittedly, the only use such an item would be to the player is to speed up level grinding for stats, but imagine what the enemy could do with it's unlimited supply. Alternatively, make it a self-destruct style attack, the Martyr rune or somesuch.

Hmm... I Really like this idea, but it would be another Rare rune then, in the same vein as Faith and Fury Rune, hmm... Also the other one is a bit... overused admittedly, in Mercenaries by this point.

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Elixir - Heaven's Rune (Recover's all HP/MP while Slowing, stopping, and freezing the target in place) *Is Impossible* Any ideas for this would be great.

Hrm...  It might step on the toes of other abilities, but Don't Move and Don't Act would effectively stop them without preventing Regen or Haste.  All these statuses except for Regen are based on battle time, not turns, correct?  So Haste shouldn't make Don't Move and Don't Act wear off faster.  Haste would make Regen occur faster, so while they wouldn't be fully healed, they would get the healing faster than they would otherwise.  Thing is... that wouldn't heal mp and it wouldn't occur fast enough to really help remove the unit from being in danger.  Hrm... Protect and Shell too?  Which would wear out faster, the positive statuses or the negative?
Also, wonderful organization.  Very informative.

An interesting concept, but I'm not sure if the pros outweigh the cons... Don't Move and Don't Act is Effectively a longer Stop without the extra damage taken, no matter what Positives, I'm afraid it wouldn't last out the Negative...

Quote from: "dwib"The new format is GREAT! Planning to update the other threads the same way?

Here is something completely different for Elixir... Not sure if it's what you're going for.
Refresh Rune (Sets CT00 to all enemy and ally units)
Could be helpful for high speed teams.

While nice this is unfortunately impossible... Items only ever target a single unit, and CT00 is a MA + X% deal, while Items only touch the "Z", portion of it. (That might be possible to change with some hacking but... we don't know how yet.)

Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"

This IS the Elixir Replacement after all, I guess there's no reason Not to have it rare. Alright, so Heaven's Rune is now "Prestige Rune" "Activating the power within this Rune calls forth a surge of power, that courses through the body, leaving the holder's mind and body stronger then before."

Art of War

MiKeMiTchi

August 19, 2009, 08:35:00 am #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

LastingDawn

August 19, 2009, 08:52:36 am #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn

Art of War