• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:05:40 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Some Skill Animation Freeze the Game

Started by NewbeeFFModder, August 30, 2020, 10:55:32 pm

NewbeeFFModder

I found some of the animation in FFT are making the game freeze, I want to make spell called tsunami or great flood using Sluice Gate flood animation but the game freeze when I use normal method...Is there a way to make it works?I also want to use Altima Death as armageddon spell  :D
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

No, those are event effects, not battle effects, they aren't meant to clear out after they are used.

NewbeeFFModder

August 31, 2020, 05:37:28 am #2 Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 06:02:10 am by NewbeeFFModder
Some of the event effect are usable in skill like Zodiac Lucavi Transform animation and Fort Zeakden Huge Explosion, so I'm wondering is there any way to use the event effect that freeze the game if used by normal method

RavenCurow

You got the Ft. Zeakden one to work? I recalled the last time I tested that it just made the camera zoom up at the end and it stayed there forever cause the effect doesn't clear. The only event effect that I can remember working is the Virgo stone revival for when it saves Malak. I can see the lucavi transformation working because it doesn't change the state of the map. The sluce gate crashes the game cause the state of the map doesn't return to what it was (the effect doesn't clear after being used. It's supposed to be permanent for that event.)
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?

3lric

Quote from: NewbeeFFModder on August 31, 2020, 05:37:28 amSome of the event effect are usable in skill like Zodiac Lucavi Transform animation and Fort Zeakden Huge Explosion, so I'm wondering is there any way to use the event effect that freeze the game if used by normal method

No, not unless you edit the effect file itself, which will also derp the game