• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

AI behavior with a CHARGE+X variant

Started by Squaresoft, March 13, 2020, 09:57:04 am

Squaresoft

March 13, 2020, 09:57:04 am Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 01:41:46 pm by Squaresoft
Hello there.
I created a "Charge+X" variant.
A simple skill that charges an attack (melee/bow) and that can be interrupted if a character is knocked back while charging, or if I move AFTER casting it, just like the normal Charge+X skill.

It works ALMOST perfectly, the problem is that the AI will treat it like a normal spell, I mean:
•The AI may move and then CHARGE. (That's perfect)
•But may also charge AND THEN move in the same turn, cancelling the ability, wasting his turn.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior?.

My skill currently has:
*Affect HP
*Target Enemies
*Physical Attack
*Weapon Range

By the way. Checking at the vanilla skills, Charge+X abilities doesn't have the "Check CT/Target" ticks like most casting spells, so I wonder...

What
(1) The Normal/Aim/* field under "Chance to learn",
and
(2) and the "Check CT/Target" checkbox under AI Behavior,
does and if it may affect said behavior.

Thank you.
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

No, the Patcher isn't set up for this.

IIRC there's an ASM for something along those lines that prevents the unit from moving after charging, but that's only a faint memory of having read something somewhere and I can't be any more specific.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Squaresoft

Quote from: Nyzer on March 16, 2020, 01:59:11 amNo, the Patcher isn't set up for this.

IIRC there's an ASM for something along those lines that prevents the unit from moving after charging, but that's only a faint memory of having read something somewhere and I can't be any more specific.

Oh too bad, I suppose that I must deal with it,
just like many hard-limitations. Well, the AI would feel more "human" making mistakes, hah,

Thanks for this Patcher clarification, so I won't waste more time trying clueless.
  • Modding version: PSX