• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 03:23:45 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Regarding Gameshark codes/Cheats for JOT5

Started by NecroGrif, February 11, 2020, 01:41:03 am

NecroGrif

February 11, 2020, 01:41:03 am Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 04:57:52 pm by NecroGrif
I've started playing Journey of the 5 and I was wondering if the gameshark codes would work using either espx in game cheats menu or using the psx emu cheat thing, I know I am a dirty cheater I just want to toy around with it and see how broken I can make the game xD
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

Yes. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that wouldn't work.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Talcall

Try avoiding using the term "ROM" for legal reasons.
Otherwise no I don't think they would. Jot5 is almost a complete recoding of events, jobs, the map, abilities... Game shark codes wouldn't work unless produced by an application designed specifically for that modification.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

Xifanie

I'm not sure if you lack understanding on what are the existing GS cheats are or if you lack understanding on the data structure of the game, but everything you mentioned is irrelevant. I'm honestly confused as to why you replied hours after I did and completely ignored my expertise. 🤔
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Talcall

I apologise for my ignorance, I was only repeating what I knew, and that's that games hark codes should only be used on a clean patch to avoid creating issued. Again, I apologise if this is wrong
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
""The only thing more hardcoded than FFT, is more FFT."
    - A wise man"
       - Talcall
  • Discord username: Talcall

NecroGrif

There was one that I got to work and the was Job points never go down but other than that nothing else worked but that all makes sense. ANd sorry for title I'll change it! TBH I wasn't expecting a replay, I didn't know if this forum was still active or not xD

Nyzer

Pretty sure the only problem with GS codes would be along the lines of not knowing which abilities, jobs, etc. corresponded to which bits of data now since they've changed.

Something like, I dunno, "Make Ramza learn Ultima" could have difficulty, for example. But a lot of general FFT shark codes would generally still work perfectly.

Xifanie

Quote from: NecroGrif on February 11, 2020, 04:57:18 pm
There was one that I got to work and the was Job points never go down but other than that nothing else worked but that all makes sense.

I'm curious which ones didn't work... did they work in vanilla? From my personal experience, most emulators and their plugins only support GameShark 1.0 codes.

Quote from: Nyzer on February 11, 2020, 09:08:47 pm
Pretty sure the only problem with GS codes would be along the lines of not knowing which abilities, jobs, etc. corresponded to which bits of data now since they've changed.

Something like, I dunno, "Make Ramza learn Ultima" could have difficulty, for example. But a lot of general FFT shark codes would generally still work perfectly.

Good point.

NecroGrif

I think I've tried different gameshark codes and no matter what version they all I think work but I could be wrong