• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 07, 2020, 05:02:48 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

PSX Job Reform Hack

Started by Portalenthusiast, February 08, 2020, 01:20:15 am

Portalenthusiast

February 08, 2020, 01:20:15 am Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:06:30 am by Portalenthusiast
Don't worry, i actually playtested this one, and it does work
My first successfully completed hack, which reforms the job system of FFT for the PSX! In order to install this properly you'll need the FFTactext & FFTorgasm programs. unless you want your Oracle to be using physical attack blind that causes poison, or vice versa

This mod was made under the basis of a third job over-arching job tree, as well as the original two. physical, magical, and mixed. mixed either includes reworked jobs or jobs that don't fit entirely into the other two categories (seriously, mediator doesn't even have that good of a mag growth, why is it over there?)
Two jobs were completely reworked, into the spellblade with imbue magic, and the survivalist with survival tactics!
the spellblade is a delicate mix of mages and knights, able to deal elemental damage with physical strikes!
The survivalist is a trained master of the ways of disabling and crippling opponents from the inside, able to neutralise and transform their enemies!
as well as this, many other jobs have received touch-ups to make them slightly more bearable to play as.

Known bugs:

ENTD's are still out of date for several battles

Changelog + bugfixes

V1.0 XML/0.8 ffttext

- all equipment descriptions updated
- Ramza's job changes name as story progresses
- Spellblade + survivalist animations tweaked
- knight + survivalist no longer have innate reaction abilities
- survivalist abilities all function as intended
- blaze gun + glacier gun swapped names

V1.0.1 XML/0.9 ffttext

- spellblade no longer has innate reaction ability
- Ramza can learn more abilities by being hit (think Gafgarion)
- Ramza exclusive abilities reworked (less stats more buffs)
- summoner requirement description more accurate

I still have yet to alter the encounter codes for battles in which oracle or archer would normally appear to change their weapons (so the survivalist in the dorter slums doesn't shoot you with a longbow and disable your party, for example)
I also still have yet to alter weapon descriptions, which seems a bit daunting but I'll get around to it. done!
Will add images as soon as i can figure out how the image tag works
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

yamish

I may be wrong here, but I'm farely certain those popups, like sealed in stone or must live as zombie, are tied to the third byte in the ability animations tab. Changing that to 00 should nix the popup message. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT. It's been a minute since i toyed with it.
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Portalenthusiast

Alright, gonna go through and fix up some things, including
- camouflage using weapon range instead of self target
- blanket being able to select user
- incorrect animations for survivalist & spellblade abilities
- knight probably shouldn't have innate weapon guard; doesn't allow for much customisation with the class
- update some weapon descriptions
- survivalist shouldn't have innate sunken state for same reasons as above

for anyone who particularly cares, wish me luck!

Portalenthusiast

Right then! Fixed up all the Issues I set out to fix! (plus a little extra :D )
- All weapon & armour descriptions updated
- Ramza's Job changes name as the story progresses
- Spellblade + Survivalist have more accurate animations
- Knight + survivalist no longer have innate reaction abilities
- Survivalist's abilities "Camouflage" and "Blanket" Work as intended
- Blaze gun + Glacier gun had their names swapped (This was just a nitpick from the original game)

Again, the XML and ffttext files are intended to be played with together! this is so Survivalist's abilities aren't nameless, Spell-blade's abilities don't act different from their descriptions, and all descriptions are accurate and up to date!
Hope this makes the game more playable!

also, i would really like to thank you, Yamish, for bringing to light that i still need to study more closely the animations tab! I think I have it pretty figured out now!