• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:26:39 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Yasumi showcases scapped FINAL FANTASY TACTICS 2 images

Started by azavier, May 22, 2018, 03:51:32 pm

azavier

Zeke_Aileron

2D hexagon fields.... I'm slightly glad it got scrapped since i really dislike hexagon grids in tactics games for many reasons..., but i'm also really sad that the sequel of one of the best tactics games' getting scrapped.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

azavier

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on May 22, 2018, 04:30:46 pm
2D hexagon fields.... I'm slightly glad it got scrapped since i really dislike hexagon grids in tactics games for many reasons..., but i'm also really sad that the sequel of one of the best tactics games' getting scrapped.

its a mock prototype so im not sure how exactly it wouldve looked but i def wouldve played. Cloud looks so much better than the one we got in fft. and im glad he unlocked the pig tailed girl lol as an unused character lol. ALSO orlandeu with white hair. yassss

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: azavier on May 22, 2018, 04:34:15 pm
its a mock prototype so im not sure how exactly it wouldve looked but i def wouldve played.

Even then, i'm still more of a fan for the gameplay style of the original FFT, FFTA2 and Tactics Ogre:LUCT.

But at least we now know/knew that FFT2 was a thing before and now doesn't exist.  :/

3lric

Im glad this didnt come out. Looks like FFTA to me... this wasnt even the only concept they had. They had also planned to make FFT2 in a more futuristic setting once upon a time as well.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Elric on May 22, 2018, 11:05:27 pm
Im glad this didnt come out. Looks like FFTA to me... this wasnt even the only concept they had. They had also planned to make FFT2 in a more futuristic setting once upon a time as well.

As long the futuristic setting stayed the same and or similar game-play style as the original FFT, i might've liked to play it actually...

Sen

There's more images of the planned/scrapped FFT2
http://blog.livedoor.jp/umadori0726/archives/53518161.html

Interestingly enough there's an artwork of the Lucavi Rofocale

This is not from the stream, I found this from a japanese board sometime ago

Valkirst

That's interesting, It may be even able to become a sprite someday since now we have something to work on it.
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst