• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 03:40:07 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

sceap shishi error?

Started by suekru, June 11, 2015, 02:01:56 am

suekru

June 11, 2015, 02:01:56 am Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:19:28 am by suekru
I'm getting this whenever I try to extract the sceap file. What am I doing wrong?

Trust me when I say I've been all around the forums looking for an answer before posting. I found a similar post about the game over screen. I just wanted to know what other program if not shishi do I use for editing this?

3lric

You need to post what version you are using.

Also, PSX or WotL?
  • Modding version: PSX

suekru

Quote from: Elric on June 11, 2015, 03:57:54 am
You need to post what version you are using.

Also, PSX or WotL?

Oh yeah, sorry>.< I'm using 1.0.0.457. And I'm using my PSX copy.

3lric

Hmm, that is indeed odd. Have you patched your image with anything? I use .478 and haven't had an issue. I would suggest trying that and posting your results here. If that also doesn't work, I think we can rule out Shishi being the issue.

At that point, I'd likely suggest you re-rip the image with different software, however it may simply be an issue with your FFTP Suite.

suekru

Quote from: Elric on June 11, 2015, 06:30:32 am
Hmm, that is indeed odd. Have you patched your image with anything? I use .478 and haven't had an issue. I would suggest trying that and posting your results here. If that also doesn't work, I think we can rule out Shishi being the issue.

At that point, I'd likely suggest you re-rip the image with different software, however it may simply be an issue with your FFTP Suite.

I tried ripping it with a different program, copying my friends .bin on his computer, and even resorted to trying a downloaded version and all gave me the same error :/
Because the .bin I was trying to use in the first place only has some sprite changes and a new title screen. But obviously that's not the issue.

3lric

Then you may simply have an issue with your version of the FFTP Suite. I would suggest downloading either FFTP .478 or FFTP .482

suekru

Quote from: Elric on June 11, 2015, 04:46:29 pm
Then you may simply have an issue with your version of the FFTP Suite. I would suggest downloading either FFTP .478 or FFTP .482

That seemed to fix it! Thank you very much ^-^

3lric

Anytime, glad you got it working.