• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Official Sprite Request Section (Rarely fulfilled)

Started by Zozma, October 04, 2008, 11:30:04 pm

Jon

Haha, "if you don't have something nice to say, say the honest simple truth" is more like it. I don't see anything embarrassing about the truth Cheetah. You still didn't change the title to state something more obvious like "Request Existing Sprites Here" or something of that nature. C'mon, everyone knows that if you don't make a few examples, the newbs will just over flood everything, everywhere with pointless demands. You see how that new guy Andy replied? He is trying to win pity for himself by more whining. I'm sorry if I appear harsh or whatever, but really? He requested Ryu which is fine (probably without searching for it first) and then Luffy from One Piece, which is just totally weird. Don't people take pride in doing their own work anymore? What is this world coming to...?! I would lol for real if I get :ban: for being honest and direct.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kill_Bones

Lol i think your dark knight portrait is getting to you Jon, you're reminding me of Gafgarion..

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Cheetah"BTW Andy someone has actually already done some work on a Ryu sprite from BoF. It was never submitted I believe but it was done by Zozma
You are correct, Cheetah, but it was done by Seushiro, and there is no existing portrait. And the sprite could use some fixes on shading too.

I gave up on this thread long ago, people aren't reading, post shit, and this results in not warm welcome, such as Andy received. And IMO it was a good welcome. READ BEFORE POSTING, FUCK!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Archael

instead of this thread being here, one of the forum's rules should be "NO SPRITE REQUESTS - IF YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE A SPRITE FOR YOURSELF OR FOR A PROJECT, WE HAVE TUTORIALS, OR [Link To Sprite Help Thread]

I agree with Jon, this community is too small for people to be making random demands from other ppl on things as time-consuming as sprites

That's why they are "Rarely Fulfilled"

Jon

October 30, 2010, 06:37:20 pm #984 Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 06:50:15 pm by Jon
Kage made a funny mistake in English that made me Lol. Read before posting, fuck. "Fuck" here could be the person, lol. Ha, now someone thinks I'm Gafgarion. Follow me right into a trap! *gets a Master Betty Claw in the face*

RandMuadDib

The problem of course that that most people don't like reading instructions. I'm sure the "Read before posting" rarely gets read, same for forum rules. Besides the modern tendency to ignore instructions, when people first discover this site and all the wonders that it can lead to, they just get crazy excited. Let the newbs have their fun, and either encourage them to sprite themselves or ignore them. No need to get angry or rude. People take things way to seriously and thats how stress, violence, and religions arise.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Wolfran

Quote from: "RandMuadDib"The problem of course that that most people don't like reading instructions. I'm sure the "Read before posting" rarely gets read, same for forum rules. Besides the modern tendency to ignore instructions, when people first discover this site and all the wonders that it can lead to, they just get crazy excited. Let the newbs have their fun, and either encourage them to sprite themselves or ignore them. No need to get angry or rude. People take things way to seriously and thats how stress, violence, and religions arise.
yeah, unfortunately this section will be fulled of request until FFH dissapear.I totally agree with RandmuadDib about encourage noobs to sprite, maybe a new super talented guy can appear like Lijj or Smash. But I still thinking noobs have to do something by themselves.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Archael

Sprite Request thread isn't encouraging n00bs to learn how to sprite

it's encouraging them to ask for others to sprite for them

good spriters are people who decided to sprite themselves, NOT people who posted on this thread

Jon

The problem is that maybe for most noobs that come on here they probably feel overwhelmed when they see all the custom sprites. I should really get around to writing a simple "basics with Photoshop" so then there won't be anymore of this "I can't sprite because I don't know how to use the program(s)". Actually, maybe we should all contribute and make a really cool basics tutorial with tips and tricks and how to speed up work, ect. I mean obviously there are some really talented people on here (most spriters here are way better than me) that could contribute to their specific field, example Mav with the color palettes or Zozma with sprites hair, ect. I mean if everyone is not too busy that is. I think and hope I already helped a ton of noobs with the "Character Creation Tutorial", and I think we need more tutorials in this style, hand holding step by step tutorials. Not these tutorials like this: "Photoshop>File>Open>image.bmp>edit>Save As>Import to GG>Image>16 colors>Open Shishi>Import>Play game". Crap like this is simply retarded. I know most people can figure this out, but it doesn't go into detail in the slightest. What do y'all think? Do you guys think it would be a waste of time to write a in depth sprite tutorial?

Kill_Bones

Question is, if it is made, will they read it lol.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Cherrie Riot

I don't think it'd be a waste of time at all. Your Character Creation Tutorial was extremely helpful when I was just starting out.

Amici

May I request a portrait for my Dante sprite? :D I'm unable to submit it yet because I'm missing one =P

toast

I would like to request sprites of Laharl and Adell from Disgaea. I would be very grateful if someone made them for me.

Here are some reference pictures for those who are not familiar with Disgaea.

Laharl:
Front

Back (only picture of his back I could find)

Adell:
Front

Back

Their sprites from Disgaea, just for reference.

EDIT: If making brand new sprites is too much work, I would be willing to accept the above sprites in FFT format, as long as they are shrunk down to the size of the FFT sprites, and their "walking-in-place" and "attacking" poses don't look awkward.

However, at the very least, I would like to have noseless portraits that match the FFT portraits.

Sorry if I seem demanding. It is not my intention.

Wolfran

Your Portrait's link is very helpfull,Toast. Now Atma can do a better portrait for the Ronin.
Also I'm not sure but I think someone was working in Laharl.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Mike was, but he disappeard and ditch all his spritework he was working on. Too bad, Cause I was lookin to that sprite.

Destrix

Hey there (sorry for the last thread wondering if this one was dead.)  I was wondering if someone can make 2 ( meaning 4 if you can make male/females out of it)

1 would be

http://img840.imageshack.us/i/pt1e.png/ <-----  Use ninja as a base.

and the other would be
http://img820.imageshack.us/i/fbiu.png/  <- ---- use Larg image as a base

:s (Sorry if its in the wrong format.

ffta707

Well, the first one should use oracle as a base, and the second should use dancer as a base. Larg looks nothing like that girl. XD

Destrix

Well i dont mean to make them individually. each is supposed to be male/female

toast

Jon

Man, I gotta write a spriting tutorial real soon, noobs just don't seem to get it that it is possible for them to make sprites themselves. I finished a basic head swapping tutorial, go check it out under Help.