• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 07:56:09 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help with WOTL sprites please!

Started by RavenCurow, September 24, 2014, 10:52:53 am

RavenCurow

Hello everyone. I'm new around here. I found this wonderful website with all its gadgets and gizmos and became a kid in a candy store playing around with my FFT. Anyways, after messing around with FFTPatcher and FFTactext I saw a post about editing sprites and immediately thought Cool! I wanna do that!. So, I decided to add Cloud's nemesis to the game as the FF fanboy that I am would not tolerate not trying to use Sephiroth.

Now I found this nifty little tutorial here: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6727.0
and got to work on my sprite patch.

I decided to make him a special character, but I didn't want to replace any of the existing ones so I decided to overwrite Simon as he only appears twice in the game. Once in the beginning and once at the library in the end.

I followed all of the steps in the tutorial and then used lioneditor to change a male party member's sprite to Simon/Sephiroth. I loaded my game up and found Sephy in my party screen looking sweet. Yay!

I thought it worked and I was done. Wrong! I went into a battle and tried to use him. In the formation screen his sprite had a white box around him and I figured I had cropped badly and that was it. I could live with that as long as it worked well everywhere else. When the battle started I found that Simon was more resilient than I thought and had reclaimed his sprite. Can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it? Pretty please?
  • Modding version: PSX
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?

3lric

You should really look around the forum first, i mean the tutorial you actually NEED is freakin stickied in the WotL section
AND I answered this very question for someone else an hour ago in this very section.

RavenCurow

September 24, 2014, 11:42:12 am #2 Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:16:16 pm by RavenCurow
Ah, thanks for the directions.

Edit: Okay, so I went to the WOTL forum and followed the directions perfectly. Now the formation screen and pre-battle screen are perfect, but still no replaced sprite in battle. How do I accomplish this?

Edit: Okay I saw your post on the battle sprite thing, but I patched with shishi and it does nothing. Is there are version of shishi that plays well with WOTL? I used an old version (.352) to get around the data limit.

Edit: Fixed my own issue. lol I used the most up to date version of shishi. I got around the data limit by loading the spr in the old version, exporting as a bmp, and loading the bmp into the new shishi. Worked like a charm.
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?