• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

July 13, 2020, 05:44:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

How to Correctly Replace Sprites in FFT:WoTL

Started by Fallout10mm, December 09, 2013, 06:44:42 pm

Nyzer

Quotemaybe i'll just close my eyes when an event would occur.. hehe.

Probably the best thing to do is just to use an existing standard animation instead. There's a lot you can do with those. There's a helpful post out there about them, if it helps:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8352.msg165621#msg165621
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Nyzer

daryin

Is there a way to change the sprites of Dark Knight and Onion Knight?

faoronkenlee

January 17, 2020, 09:42:19 am #22 Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 07:13:56 pm by faoronkenlee
Quote from: daryin on October 05, 2016, 05:56:57 pm
Is there a way to change the sprites of Dark Knight and Onion Knight?

probably not as ftevgrp was compiled to only handle characters from the original version of the game.

NOt unless we can convince the author to release the source code

Nyzer

I think Shishi can directly access all that now? But I haven't checked, so I could very well be wrong.
  • Discord username: Nyzer

faoronkenlee

January 18, 2020, 02:49:57 am #24 Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 07:34:20 am by faoronkenlee
Quote from: Nyzer on January 17, 2020, 10:52:42 pm
I think Shishi can directly access all that now? But I haven't checked, so I could very well be wrong.

Now that you have mentioned it. Yup It can AHHAAHAHh.
*correction still only for the OG Cast of the game.

faoronkenlee

did a texture dump of the game We are wrong lol.
we will not be able to customize the dark knight , onion knight , Balthier, Luso sprite and portraits because THEY ARE NOT in the unit.bin Instead their Unite and portrait sprite were care fully placed on WLDFACE.BIN.
slots 97 to 102 isreserved for the unit sprites the slot 104 to 111 are for the portraits as seen below

ill attach below the in battle sprite of luso ill try to figure out in which part of the memory it is loaded. ill update you guys soon