• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 03:23:56 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Are innate reactions impossible for generics?

Started by Kaedre, October 06, 2013, 06:31:27 pm

Kaedre

October 06, 2013, 06:31:27 pm Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:27:02 pm by Kaedre
I mean, if a dude have an innate reaction, and then you equip him with a learned reaction, this always results in disaster, right? Or there are some compatible reactions skills?

Celdia's "Quick Hands" seems to merge Catch and Evade Arrows without problems. But i don't know how can it works with other abilities.

Anyway, i need some orientation/advices about this topic. Please help me  ( ¡ _ ¡ )

EDITED: I forget it! There is a "Weapon Guard innate all" hack. So, i assume this reaction does not causes conflict with others.

Choto

You're a little mistaken, but only a little bit. The weapon guard hack just removes the check to see if a unit has it equipped before adding their weapon evade to the formula. So that is separate from what i'm about to type after this.

Reactions follow a priority... although I forget how the priority goes. Basically it checks the highest priority reaction. If it rolls positive, it executes the reaction, otherwise it continues to the next reaction, checks that one and follows the same course of action. I know there is a thread that talks about it a little bit more in depth floating around, so maybe do some searching and you can unearth it.

so no, it wouldn't be disastrous i don't think.

Kaedre

Quote from: Choto on October 06, 2013, 08:05:08 pm
Reactions follow a priority... although I forget how the priority goes. Basically it checks the highest priority reaction. If it rolls positive, it executes the reaction, otherwise it continues to the next reaction, checks that one and follows the same course of action.

I see. That coincides exactly with my tests.
And yes, i remember that thread you mentioned. But i don't managed to find it again.

Anyways, Your answer is enough for me:
I was looking for a way to "melt" two reactions together, so they both can take effect in the same reaction turn.
Example: A unit with Split Damage and Absorb Used Mp activates both reactions when receives Bolt spell. Not Split Damage in some ocassion, and Absorb Used Mp in other.
Now i know that is not possible.