• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:31:32 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Voldemort's continuing decent into madness:

Started by Havermayer, December 07, 2011, 10:06:02 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Voldemort7 on December 08, 2011, 06:11:33 pmYes, I replaced Panthers with Tonberries. Why didn't I pick Uribos? Because I'm eventually replacing those with Cactuars. Why am I going to do that? Because its my project, because I want to, and because I can create good gameplay for them that also promotes balance and re-playability.

I'm just more imagining all the people who are going to load Saving Algus, see 1 Thief, 4-5 Squires, and a goddamn Tonberry and go "WHAT THE FUCK TONBERRY UP MY SHIT D:" without even knowing how strong/weak it is solely because of its rep as a Tonberry.  Then again, that's expert player-trolling, good sir.  I'm all for some good player-trolling.

I know once upon a time, a guy by the name of Wolfran here was working on a very nice Cactuar sprite by hand and left it half-finished.  If you want a nice-looking one (far preferable to an FFTA/2 rip, I find all of them end up looking mediocre for a number of reasons without lots of touchup work), you should probably either bug him to finish it, or see if you can find the half-finished sheet and bug another spriter you know with decent skills to try finishing it.  I dunno if Twinees would have time to finish up that thing, though.

Quote from: Voldemort7 on December 08, 2011, 06:11:33 pm@ Havermayer / OP / or whatever your name is: A handful of 1.3 haters making a topic here gives me more views / downloads / overall buzz than you can imagine. It does not detract from 1.3, it only helps it grow even more. I know you can't comprehend this, hence this topic with all its stupidity.

No such thing as bad press, really.

Quote from: Voldemort7 on December 08, 2011, 06:32:52 pmLooking at the site again, the only thing that has been done in a year is some progress on Tethical

Meh.  It was very much a tools/hacking based summer.  Maybe somebody other than Elric can get to using the rigged-as-hell Event Editor I made and actually make something... at least that boy almost has an entire chapter of original content in what feels like no time at all.  Someone knows how to do something!

But in seriousness, why /is/ this a topic?

Also trying to recode FFT into a completely different engine is stupid... and already being done, as pointed out by many with Tethical.  Though that project seems to be missing the "Keep it simple, stupid!" element from FFT mechanics-wise that makes basically every design ever better from the bits I've skimmed, so I'm not aboard it's hype-train for now, when I can do everything I want within the confines of the original game.

Dome

Quote from: ffta7072 on December 08, 2011, 07:12:24 pm
IIRC, all you did was spam anyway.

Way to go with the troll attitude, man
I see you have changed a lot from when you left FFH, right?
I mean: Yes, I "Spammed" a lot, and I still do
I contributed as much as I could, and I also managed to finish a fully playable patch, and release it
And then?
Do you want to prove points just considering who is posting?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kaijyuu

Oh hey, Arch posted. I was wondering why this topic exploded.

Could ya'll just, you know, grow up? Water under the bridge? No?

Whatever.
  • Modding version: PSX

Archael7

December 08, 2011, 07:19:54 pm #44 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:27:42 pm by Archael7
Quote from: Dome on December 08, 2011, 07:07:55 pm
1.3 is based on them, like Arch says in 1.3's description, right?
He put a huge amount of work on it to "Turn" 1.2 in 1.3...and I did the same for FFT: Plus
I see no difference, and I don't see why FFT: Plus should be addressed as a 1.3 clone while 1.3 shouldn't be called a 1.2 clone

The difference is that a 1.3 is based on 1.1 and 1.2, it did not literally take the patch itself and build upon it like FFT+ with 1.3. FFT+ IS LITERALLY 13030 (? or an earlier version) with your own changes added on top of it and exported under a new name. It is literally the actual file with additions you made to it. There's a difference whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

FFT 1.3 took the concepts behind 1.1 and 1.2 (which were actually very simple to implement, as Zaen pointed out) and then continued from there. FFT 1.3 is based on 1.1 and 1.2. It is not a clone of them.

FFT+ is a 1.3 clone, and is in competition with every other 1.3 clone out there (I think 70 or 80 total last time I checked) for the disenfranchised players cut from the 1.3 player base, which is bigger than all of them combined.

FFT+ was dead on arrival because of this. You'll need much more than 1.3 clones to get people to play your project.

If 1.1 and 1.2 was a few months of work, 1.3 is 3-4 years of manhours of work (4 years as of 1.3.0.4). So yes, your project is just another uninspired clone. I'm surprised you haven't realized all of this by now, Dome.

Dome

Quote from: Voldemort7 on December 08, 2011, 07:19:54 pm
The difference is that a 1.3 is based on 1.1 and 1.2, it did not literally take the patch itself and build upon it like FFT+ with 1.3. FFT+ IS LITERALLY 13030 with your own changes added on top of it and exported under a new name. It is literally the actual file with additions you made to it. There's a difference whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

FFT 1.3 took the concepts behind 1.1 and 1.2 (which were actually very simple to implement, as Zaen pointed out) and then continued from there. FFT 1.3 is based on 1.1 and 1.2. It is not a clone of them.

FFT+ is a 1.3 clone, and is in competition with every other 1.3 clone out there (I think 70 or 80 total last time I checked) for the disenfranchised 1.3 player base, which is bigger than all of them combined.

FFT+ was dead on arrival because of this. You'll need much more than 1.3 clones to get people to play your project.

One simple question: Have you ever played FFT: Plus?

Eternal

Sorry FFTA, I accidentally edited your post instead of quoting it like I thought I had. I deleted it since I don't recall exactly what you posted, so I don't want to put words in your mouth. Also, FFTA, why do you have a second account? You were never banned.

Anyways, I think we can all agree that people should play what they like and not play what they don't. I made an analogy earlier on IRC: sometimes a woman looks terrible in something, but you shouldn't say anything about it anyways. I think that kind of applies here.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Archael7

And Dome, you are not banned from ID

If you can't access the site it is because my host has decided to block whatever IP or ISP you're using, for some reason

ffta7072

December 08, 2011, 07:27:09 pm #48 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:32:23 pm by ffta7072
Quote from: Dome on December 08, 2011, 07:16:40 pm
Way to go with the troll attitude, man
I see you have changed a lot from when you left FFH, right?
I mean: Yes, I "Spammed" a lot, and I still do
I contributed as much as I could, and I also managed to finish a fully playable patch, and release it
And then?
Do you want to prove points based on the one who posts them?

Hell yeah I've changed. Why would I want to be part of this counter productive cult?

I'm sick of this. insanely derpy hasn't mentioned FFH in the last 6 or 7 months. In fact, I completely forgot about the "place." Stop embarrassing yourself. I see the same five people on this thread that I expected to see.

Especially eternal with his "intelligent gibberish" that really isn't helping your case.

Also, I lol'd at the "me and Kokojo are working on call of power....all the fun changes!" or w/e. I'm sure you meant koko? I don't consider changing names of items and pressing the pretty little arrow keys on patcher work on a large patch like that. IMO, it is minor. IIRC, that's all you could do, considering pride was the only reason your patch that I don't even know the name of tbh (Lack of...completion).

Don't comment on completed patches that get more publicity than all of your completed patches combined if you're going to hate.

On second thought, I hope you do, so I can have another laugh.

ffta7072

Also, for some reason password wasn't working.

Archael7

Quote from: Dome on December 08, 2011, 07:21:00 pm
One simple question: Have you ever played FFT: Plus?

Yeah, and when I open it in an editing program, I can see every change from 13030 I myself personally made to those files, with your crap added on top

You have no shame, and people who know about 1.3 know this about FFT+

1.3 Clone FTW

GeneralStrife

The only post in this thread that has truely bashed 1.3 and ID has been the OP, and you guys have taken it personal and brought your posse to come here and piss on our site. Cause of one post.  My 2 cents. We have already stated the opinion of the OP is not that of the whole site. With your logic arch 1.3 is a FFH clone because you used the tools from this site. You took the ideas and criticism from this site, you started it on this site etc.

ffta7072

You're excactly right, other than the fact that the tools don't belong to you.

I guess 1.3 is a joe davidson clone?

Open source tools (created by joe davidson) are OPEN SOURCE - not owned by you. Nor are they owned by arch.

That statement was truly ignorant man.

Dome

Quote from: Voldemort7 on December 08, 2011, 07:32:00 pm
Yeah, and when I open it in an editing program, I can see every change from 13030 I myself personally made to those files, with your crap added on top

You have no shame, and people who know about 1.3 know this about FFT+

1.3 Clone FTW

Of course you see what you did, I started FFT: Plus using 1.3 as a base, and I never tried to hide that
Btw, I don't think you have played FFT: Plus
1) Speed stack is almost impossible in FFT: Plus (No 20 speed hasted freaks like in 1.3)
2) Monster in FFT: Plus are not overshadowed by generics (Which happens in 1.3...I still need to see someone use a generic monster in the DD instead of a generic/special human unit without being penalized)
3) Spells are useable at every level, the same cannot be said for 1.3 (Because of the huge speed numbers that units can get...you are forced to use Short charge, limiting the options of spellcasters)
4) Defense and healing is useful in FFT: Plus, because it's impossible to make uber-damaging buillds (Which, again, is possible in 1.3)
5) With the whole "No rare poach, Every unit has the same growths" people can focus more on fighting and less on building "Perfect" units / harvesting to get good stuff
6) FFT: Plus does not punish you if you level, like 1.3 does

Also, I never said that I wouldn't add custom stuff into FFT: Plus, like you did, only to later add custom stuff to draw the people's attention

Kaijyuu

Permission to spam thread as it's fell into pointless drama?
  • Modding version: PSX

Archael7

Quote from: GeneralStrife on December 08, 2011, 07:37:38 pm
With your logic arch 1.3 is a FFH clone because you used the tools from this site. You took the ideas and criticism from this site, you started it on this site etc.

FFH is not a patch. It is not the files that I created for 1.3. I get ideas and criticism from insanelyderpy's community now. Does that mean they are the ones who work on 1.3 and make it possible? No.

Ideas and criticism can come from anywhere. That does not mean the work belongs to you.

For your information, FFTPatcher was created by a guy called Joe Davidson AKA Melonhead. FFTPatcher is not the property of FFH. Melonhead has zero problems with 1.3 being created using his tools.

I can't even believe this argument is being presented, this is a waste of my time at this point

@ FDC: I'm so sorry man

ffta7072

Also, Bill gates, Steve jobs (deceased) get MILLIONS of requests, criticisms, feedback.

Does this make Microsoft Windows property of your neighbor who gave a very good idea to microsoft? No. He could go make his own Operating system with his idea though, making it his.

Bill gates gives credit, but does he say, "this is yours!"

EDIT:

Arch posted before me. Didn't notice.

Eternal

I'm locking this silly topic. If you wish to continue this, please join #FFHS on esper.net.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817