• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 12:18:15 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

R999 holy place

Started by Dome, February 03, 2010, 06:02:49 pm

R999

February 17, 2010, 04:31:24 pm #20 Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 05:43:12 pm by R999
Quote from: "Shade""Since when did we want to make players try out everything in the game?"

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :lol:

Awesome. We should delete the 1.3 Complete Guide right now! [/sarcasm]

I think you are even funnier when your dead enemies get resurrected to full life! Happens all the time!  Maybe you like getting hit by big spells like Hellcry Punch than a Physical Attack too while you are at it. MP burning is effective. And it's incredibly easy to do.

FFMaster

Witch Hunt (Dance) is by far the best way to remove MP imo.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

R999

Quote from: "FFMaster"Witch Hunt (Dance) is by far the best way to remove MP imo.

I knew someone was  going to say this. Dancers are okay. It's just a lot of fights where you need to strip away the enemy's MP in no less than 2 turns, is impossible using the Dancer. Maybe I should go make some videos if I were to play 1.3 again (maybe easytype next time).

FFMaster

I find they do it pretty quickly anyway. In 2 rounds, it activates like 5 times already, meaning a huge amount has already been killed. And its actually 100% accuracy, rather than being blockable like Magic Ruin.

R999

Quote from: "FFMaster"I find they do it pretty quickly anyway. In 2 rounds, it activates like 5 times already, meaning a huge amount has already been killed. And its actually 100% accuracy, rather than being blockable like Magic Ruin.

That's the thing I like about Oracles, success rate is always 85-100%, 4 range, any facing direction-- for Spell Absrob, and from chapter 1-4 levels 1-90 it fires off instantly. Second best next to Samurai's Osafone (can do 200-400 MP damage in a single hit, 100% accuracy, multiple targets). Oracle's Spell Absorb is better for the Caster obviously. It's also totally gamebreaking against the ??? enemies (999 MP hell yes). You can be immune to status, but you can't be immune to 0 MP (only a handful of late game bosses can do something when they have more than 0 MP).

I have used Dancer's witch dance with some degree of success, but it wasn't good enough for me (even with dual dancers). Even hitting 10 witch hunts sometimes can't drain all of their mana. By that time, its usefulness would have been diminished.

FFMaster

You actually bother to kill MP lategame? I thought you only meant early game...

For Zodiacs, just forget it. Mind Ruin and Power Ruin are enough. I wouldn't ever waste my time killing 9999 MP.

The Draw Out is ok, but I find it easier to just anti-sandbag with them via Asura/Kotetsu/whatever.

Even during the normal game, I wouldn't bother with it too much. It just provokes Elixir/Chakra spam once Chapter 4 starts.

R999

Quote from: "FFMaster"You actually bother to kill MP lategame? I thought you only meant early game...

For Zodiacs, just forget it. Mind Ruin and Power Ruin are enough. I wouldn't ever waste my time killing 9999 MP.

The Draw Out is ok, but I find it easier to just anti-sandbag with them via Asura/Kotetsu/whatever.

Even during the normal game, I wouldn't bother with it too much. It just provokes Elixir/Chakra spam once Chapter 4 starts.

Yeah but the funny thing is the AI don't use Elixir to restore mana. Rarely uses Chakra to restore MP as well (if they are in combat range, and is full HP). Sometimes I even suck their MP while they are sleeping/confused. Just incase they become active again. Chapter 4 uses are limited but not much. Because this has been my dominant strategy, I have found that there are actually a lot of units without the ability to use Item / Chakra. Even those Mages who has access to Chakra, it takes them at least 2-3 turns to get enough mana for 1 spell (enough for you to do anything to them). Osafone is a St.AJORA class ability (instantly make 2+ mages/swordskillers useless in chapter 4 is a lovely sight). If they actually attempt to use Hi-ether, Chakra, or even Elixir, just rape their mana again (either with Osafone or dual Spell Absorbs). It's even more effective when you get to rape their mana while they are casting (waste another turn, the most common scenario actually).

One fight on top of my head where Mana burn is incredibly powerful is the battle with the zombie Zalbaag. Instantly raped the demons and Zalbaag's mana to 0 is pure win. There are many battles like this for Story and some random fights as well. Usually it makes things like Stealing much easier when they are out of mana. I don't think most Zodiacs actually have 9999MP, they have somewhere like 3000 or less? Not sure. Just a few Spell Absorbs it's gg.

Aquilae

For normal battles ->

Damage > MP Damage, especially considering you have so much of the former compared to the latter. Unless it is a durable boss unit, stuff post-Chapter 2 will typically go down in 3 attacks at most and it will force the AI to rez-chain which is more advantageous than just disabling one unit with MP draining. Zalmo was pretty much the only battle I used MP Ruins in (Bizen Boat / Osafune) and I still didn't feel it was necessary as my team could cope with the occasional Raise2's pretty well at that point. For all the other assassination missions, it's usually just a bumrush, MP Ruins aren't useful at all considering their whole team rapes you sideways either way (Balk, Murond battles).

QuoteOsafone is a St.AJORA class ability (instantly make 2+ mages/swordskillers useless in chapter 4 is a lovely sight). If they actually attempt to use Hi-ether, Chakra, or even Elixir, just rape their mana again (either with Osafone or dual Spell Absorbs). It's even more effective when you get to rape their mana while they are casting (waste another turn, the most common scenario actually).

Hmm... "Attack" and "AoE Damaging Abilities" are top-tier abilities. Instantly make 1 or more units useless / force them to run away in chapter 4 is certainly lovely. If they actually attempt to use Phoenix Down, X-Potion or even Elixir, just rape their HP again. It's even more effective when you get to mow them down while they are casting (yay for 100% hit + increased melee damage!)

For Zodiacs ->

MP breaking doesn't help much if at all considering Mind Ruin does the job much better, perhaps even baiting the AI into casting weak spells. Furthermore, Mind Ruin typically goes faster, and the Zodiacs that are heavily reliant on MP have other alternatives (Queklain, Adramelk).
:gay:

Dome

THIS IS SPAM, DON'T EXPLAIN, JUST HATE!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

FFMaster

OK then.

I hate your avatar, which is why its blocked.

Dome

Quote from: "FFMaster"OK then.

I hate your avatar, which is why its blocked.
good

Aquilae

Spam needs more quality posts.
:gay:

Dome

Quote from: "Aquilae"Spam needs MOAR KRABS

Portmanteur

Dome, seriously, where the fuck do you find all of these random videos?

Dome

Quote from: "Portmanteur"Dome, seriously, DO YOU fuck all of these random videos?
Not all, just some

Kaffe

February 18, 2010, 02:56:20 pm #35 Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 02:58:27 pm by Kaffe
Congratulations, R999; It seems like you are famous on the internetz.

ETA: Speaking of crabs... http://bagofcrabs.com/

Samuraiblackbelt

Quote from: "Aquilae"it's usually just a bumrush,

I see what you did thar!
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

R999

I realize this is the spam section, but who cares?

@Aquilae,

QuoteFor normal battles ->

Damage > MP Damage, especially considering you have so much of the former compared to the latter. Unless it is a durable boss unit, stuff post-Chapter 2 will typically go down in 3 attacks at most and it will force the AI to rez-chain which is more advantageous than just disabling one unit with MP draining. Zalmo was pretty much the only battle I used MP Ruins in (Bizen Boat / Osafune) and I still didn't feel it was necessary as my team could cope with the occasional Raise2's pretty well at that point. For all the other assassination missions, it's usually just a bumrush, MP Ruins aren't useful at all considering their whole team rapes you sideways either way (Balk, Murond battles).

It depends on the battle. I don't understand why you would say Damage > MP Damage (normal battle) because there is more HP (former is more than the latter)? Post chapter 2 indeed, most units go down in less than 3 hits if they don't have support. But have you considered that, if you mana burn, sometimes they go down in ONE hit as opposed to 3? The part about the burning Zalmo's MP isn't because you needed it, it's because, if you teleport to him and Osafone him once, the match is already over (Delita should be able to nearly solo the map by himself with some help). This works not just for this particular battle. On top of my head, the battle with Meliadoul, you wouldn't even need to wear Maintenance. Lure her to walk close to you by waiting (she still out of range), and start off the fight with Osafone + MP Absrob (100% success rate). The match is already over at that point. Yes, it's possible to win these fights by other means of course, but what I am saying here is that MP breaking gives the player an immensively easier playing experience (in fact, a lot of these battles are even easier than Vanilla because Swordskillers require MP). On a personal note about Assasination battles, I always kill the target last whenever possible. I will kill every unit in the map and wait for them to Crystalize, steal all their items, and then finally go rape the MP-less boss. It's just more fun this way. I say MP Damage >= HP Damage depending on context and your goals.

QuoteHmm... "Attack" and "AoE Damaging Abilities" are top-tier abilities. Instantly make 1 or more units useless / force them to run away in chapter 4 is certainly lovely. If they actually attempt to use Phoenix Down, X-Potion or even Elixir, just rape their HP again. It's even more effective when you get to mow them down while they are casting (yay for 100% hit + increased melee damage!)

What happens if you can't kill the target, especially when they have so much more HP than MP. Two Sages are charging nukes on you, Oracles firing off Confusion and Sleep. All you have to do is teleport in, and Osafone the mofos, and then they will almost always be permanently screwed, for the rest of the battle. How can you possibly achieve this with an AoE attack that probably need at least 3-4 turns to kill them off? The AI is usually very smart about who to Phoenix Down/Raise2, they tend to raise people who will have a turn immediately after. So you'll ultimately have to go and kill these ressurected targets again, possibly after they get another turn (perhaps even Elixir themselves). A dead target with 0 MP is far less of a thread compared to a dead target with full MP. In fact, sometimes I prefer them to have 0 MP + Sleeping than Dead, because the AI tend to ignore sleeping targets more than dead targets. Unless you can instant kill them 100% of the time (and in range), there's absolutely no way you can be as effective when you could drain off their MP in a distance. I guess my point here is that raping their MP is FAR more easier than raping their HP (in the right context of course).

QuoteFor Zodiacs ->

MP breaking doesn't help much if at all considering Mind Ruin does the job much better, perhaps even baiting the AI into casting weak spells. Furthermore, Mind Ruin typically goes faster, and the Zodiacs that are heavily reliant on MP have other alternatives (Queklain, Adramelk).

Agreed. But as I have said there are still a lot of Zodiac battles where they are still prone to MP damage (and it's easy, 999MP per Spell Absrob, 100% success rate, any facing direction, 4 range). I use a combination of MA break (usually with Mustadio with Two Swords) and MP damage to absolutely cripple these fights. Far more effective than just doing HP Damage and MA break alone.

Oh, and Dome loves his avatar.

Dome

Quote from: "R999"I realize this is the spam section, but who cares?

@Aquilae,

QuoteFor normal battles ->

It depends on the battle. I don't understand why you would say Damage > MP Damage (normal battle) because there is more HP (former is more than the latter)? Post chapter 2 indeed, most units go down in less than 3 hits if they don't have support. But have you considered that, if you mana burn, sometimes they go down in ONE hit as opposed to 3? The part about the burning Zalmo's MP isn't because you needed it, it's because, if you teleport to him and Osafone him once, the match is already over (Delita should be able to nearly solo the map by himself with some help). This works not just for this particular battle. On top of my head, the battle with Meliadoul, you wouldn't even need to wear Maintenance. Lure her to walk close to you by waiting (she still out of range), and start off the fight with Osafone + MP Absrob (100% success rate). The match is already over at that point. Yes, it's possible to win these fights by other means of course, but what I am saying here is that MP breaking gives the player an immensively easier playing experience (in fact, a lot of these battles are even easier than Vanilla because Swordskillers require MP). On a personal note about Assasination battles, I always kill the target last whenever possible. I will kill every unit in the map and wait for them to Crystalize, steal all their items, and then finally go rape the MP-less boss. It's just more fun this way. I say MP Damage >= HP Damage depending on context and your goals.

QuoteHmm... "Attack" and "AoE Damaging Abilities" are top-tier abilities. Instantly make 1 or more units useless / force them to run away in chapter 4 is certainly lovely. If they actually attempt to use Phoenix Down, X-Potion or even Elixir, just rape their HP again. It's even more effective when you get to mow them down while they are casting (yay for 100% hit + increased melee damage!)

What happens if you can't kill the target, especially when they have so much more HP than MP. Two Sages are charging nukes on you, Oracles firing off Confusion and Sleep. All you have to do is teleport in, and Osafone the mofos, and then they will almost always be permanently screwed, for the rest of the battle. How can you possibly achieve this with an AoE attack that probably need at least 3-4 turns to kill them off? The AI is usually very smart about who to Phoenix Down/Raise2, they tend to raise people who will have a turn immediately after. So you'll ultimately have to go and kill these ressurected targets again, possibly after they get another turn (perhaps even Elixir themselves). A dead target with 0 MP is far less of a thread compared to a dead target with full MP. In fact, sometimes I prefer them to have 0 MP + Sleeping than Dead, because the AI tend to ignore sleeping targets more than dead targets. Unless you can instant kill them 100% of the time (and in range), there's absolutely no way you can be as effective when you could drain off their MP in a distance. I guess my point here is that raping their MP is FAR more easier than raping their HP (in the right context of course).

QuoteFor Zodiacs ->

Agreed. But as I have said there are still a lot of Zodiac battles where they are still prone to MP damage (and it's easy, 999MP per Spell Absrob, 100% success rate, any facing direction, 4 range). I use a combination of MA break (usually with Mustadio with Two Swords) and MP damage to absolutely cripple these fights. Far more effective than just doing HP Damage and MA break alone.

Oh, and Dome loves his avatar.
:ban: