• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:19:11 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Hello New here

Started by Gilly, June 03, 2011, 05:13:25 pm

Gilly

Hello

Big fan of FFT and after seeing vids on youtube I love the idea. I have zero experence with roms and was woundering if there was a how to on what to download and how to make it work. Sorry if there is something like this on the boards already I only found the how to patch video. I really want to mess around with this and maybe enter a team in the next AI tourny.

Thanks in advance

philsov

no, because we'd rather keep our noses clean from further, possible copyright funsies.

The rom/iso is available as both a torrent and straight download from a website, both of which are balls easy to find on google.  They typically come in two formats, .bin+.cue or .img+.ccd+.sub+.cue.  Either one works.  When compressed it can be as small as ~200 MB, but uncompressed it should be 527 MB (552,701,179 bytes)

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Mando

I suggest you google a psx rom site or something. Also if you can I'd recommend downloading epsxe from their website. If you need help with configuration we have a topic for that in the tutorials section if I recall.

Also, please do not get on the IRC chat room to ask for roms/bin to download because we cannot provide those for you. Other questions if something is going wrong when playing fft we can help you with. However any official Company's software/hardware we cannot provide.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Do you have a your own copy of FFT?  If you do, we can tell you how to rip it to a disc image.

Gilly

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on June 07, 2011, 10:57:09 am
Do you have a your own copy of FFT?  If you do, we can tell you how to rip it to a disc image.

I do. And i was not aware of copyright issues vs this board

Gilly

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on June 07, 2011, 10:57:09 am

more info on Rip it to a disc image.