• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:27:04 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

philsov

4x comments:

13 - Impressive AoE out of the draw out + summon combo from Aquilae.  Wow O.o.

14 - MOAR CLOPS.  Was round 2 a record for quickest kill yet?

15 - Decent back and forth with Jaakl and I.  Redirected spells suck, and on round 3 my people keep on charming and paralyzing the frog?  Bleh.  Happy to see the team in action though; squire was an untested addition and he worked out rather well.   

16 - Impressive numbers out of both teams.  Marlboro is my hero <3
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Piercewise

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on June 02, 2011, 01:36:52 am
What I had in mind was R1 (winners), then R1 (losers), R2 (winners), R2 (losers), and so on.

What I don't want to see is while R1 (winners) is half done, R1 (losers) is also being put up, because that could be confusing.

But at some point the loser's bracket has consecutive rounds, right? That's a long break for Barren/Wiz...

QuoteOne thing i would like to point out to the commentators is before you start recording, make sure that when you go to the formation screen that the unit has the ability that was flagged for them...we've come across some minor errors already.

So piercewise, fdc, gaignun and Wiz make sure that every unit has their abilities show up in the skill tree as "learned" before you start recording...my oracle NOT using raise 2 even though she mad MP is a perfect example of it so watch out

Will do.
Seto: "Are you trying to tell me that Yugi and I are destined to play card games for eternity?"
Ishizu: "Yes."
Seto: "Best. Destiny. Ever."

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Wiz

Now that I have some time to respond to some of the things here...

Quote from: Piercewise on June 03, 2011, 12:00:07 am
But at some point the loser's bracket has consecutive rounds, right? That's a long break for Barren/Wiz...

Yup, every odd round (1,3,5,7,9) the loser's fight amongst each other whilst the even rounds (2,4,6,8) bring in a new batch of losers from the winners bracket each time. So yeah, the odd rounds where the matches aren't contingent upon who loses in the winners bracket you can do right away regardless of which commentator you are since you already have your matchups listed for you =D

Thanks for the advice zxpr0jk, but there's thing that should be addressed...

1. The intro although it wasn't consistent in volume level (which I've taken into account now) for the first few vids or so, I didn't think it'd be a big deal to people (refers to the now deleted S3 vids that have the same problem)

QuoteCommentators are supposed to provide insight and analysis to a competition. I don't need you to tell me 'SillyName' threw a Papyrus Plate. There are times when that would be useful, but you don't need to kill yourself reciting every little thing that happens.

^

2. Commentators for these types of videos have two roles in which they provide: Primary = Play-By-Play Announcer, and Secondary = Color Commentary (which you described up above). Although you're right that I don't need to call everything I see like I hastily did in Round 1 of Match 1, play-by-play's still the primary thing commentators focus on, not color commentary where you "provide insight and analysis to a competition". Reason being there's only so much a commentator can give an opinion on a particular team and with the fast-paced action that already takes place, someone's gonna have to keep the audience informed of what's going on because not everyone can catch onto exactly what's happening nor will be able to grasp it.

Jim Ross = Play-By-Play
Jerry Lawler = Color Commentary

^
(Best Duo ever btw)

Granted, while both roles compliment each other, the responsibility's doubled for each commentator since only one person's talking, not two.

3. I've got no opinion on. Maybe some day in the future >_>

QuoteWe talked about it a little on the chat, but a schedule should really be arranged.

4. 2-4 matches uploaded a day's what I'm shooting for (2 being the min and 4 the max)

That's all I can think of for now.

philsov

Shame to see a Frog2 team get dropped, but overall a bad matchup for Mel.  The Item/White Magic knights kept to the back while the front line decimated quite well.  Those knights are well... tanks O.o.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

BlameGod

QuoteMistakes were made, nobody is perfect and not absolutely everything got double-checked in a timely manner. That said, this tournament IS for fun and there aren't any grand prizes to be won or anything so having a less than perfect team shouldn't be some huge worry. If we let you retcon your team at this point for that reason then we have to let other entrants do the same and that is just going to cause a bigger pile of problems. Perhaps if you'd entered a team before the last few hours of registration, this wouldn't be an issue right now. As it is, you should be happy someone that doesn't even know you championed your entry to the tournament and let you get your team entered at all.

This is complete bullshit. An offensive amalgamation of clichés, snide comments, and faulty logic.

I agree, mistakes were made and mistakes do occur from an imperfect being (humans) managing things but that doesn't mean we can not correct those mistakes. Just because I want the team I spent a lot of time designing to operate the way it is intended to does not mean i'm not here to have fun.

I am not asking firstly to 'retcon' my team I was suggesting that as an alternative to what I am asking, that we set the monster stats to what they are as written in the rules. I am asking that we enforce the rules and nothing more. If you did go with my alternate suggestion and allow me to replace my wildbow, a suggestion I made only to try to make things easier for everyone, you would not therefore have to allow everyone to change their teams as not everyone is in my situation, only the few others with wildbows. If things aren't that serious and it's all just for fun yada yada that is only more reason to be fair and allow me to change my team to have a fair chance which would make things much more fun. I don't appreciate you telling me how I should feel, and by the way I AM greatful for having my team entered and I resent you suggesting that I am not and using that fact against me as I submitted my team within the registration period and if the last day of the registration period was a problem for people it should have been made to end 1 day earlier.

Since my alternate suggestion is apparently such a problem for you that you have to take your time to try and sway the community away from it and try and make me look bad, I rescind that suggestion.

I now ask only that rules be enforced. Rules are Rules.

Odal

Quote from: Odal on May 28, 2011, 10:13:53 pm
Ewww @ counter flood being the most common offensive reaction.  I've seen so many practice battles with that, where the effect was almost as deadly to the player's own team as it was to the opposing team.

As I said to someone on IRC, I'll just be happy if I don't lose to charm. I RAGE at charm.
Hmm, both points in my last post applied to this matchup O_o  I lost to charm in one match and an opposing counterflood turned the tide in my favor in another match.  Maybe my posts hold some kind of future-telling powers within them.  With that said...

Maybe I'll get lucky and my units will land all critical damage attacks when I fight Mando in the quarterfinals :P

Okay, I know that's a lot of assumptions to make this early in the tourney  :lol:

Good fights Mel.

(and yes, I did RAGE at charm)

Barren

krilz

Pretty impressive damage from Gaignun once the team actually unified in a solid front and did their job.

I really liked how CT5Holy had a symbiosis with his entire team around earth. That Monk with Earth Slash together with the Sacred just plowed through everything.

Wow at that Geomancer. Just... wow.

Wiz

Tankiness FTW

I'm scared of that Wizard =X

Round 2 Crit from me onto the Sacred saved me there big time.

Also, I noticed for this fight that I forgot to tell Barren that your Monk was supposed to have 70 Br, not 65 =/

Hope it's no big deal to you.

Even so, you still gave me a run for my money big time with that Mimic Titan AOE Healing + Attacking :mrgreen:

Excellent fight my friend!

Forgot to note: It's Zee-Fuh-Nee for Xifanie Barren, not eeks-faw-nee ^,^

And my team's supposed to be in yellow, I'll PM you the BATTLE.BIN that enables yellow and brown palettes to work.

God Damn that Geomancer!

CT5Holy

Agh Berserk =(. Should've given Sacred 40 Faith. And my Knight MDefUP.
No big deal with the 65 Brave on my Monk. Brave doesn't affect Earth Slash damage =P.
Intense match, excellent fight indeed!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Angelus

bloody hell! my geomancer was more effective than I thought!! GG Ryason55!! hopefully the RNG will bless me even further :)

Kaz

to hell with you mustadio haters

Barren

June 04, 2011, 03:52:23 pm #133 Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 03:53:29 pm by Barren
Battle 21 natureguy vs Lijj

Watch me as I fail to pronounce more names  :lol:

Melancthon

June 04, 2011, 04:55:13 pm #134 Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:55:36 pm by Melancthon
Damn, congratulations Odal.  Damn tanks with their evasion and HP and such.  I definitely should have given the Thief Talk Skill and the Chemist Time Magic.  There's always the loser's bracket.

Frog them all, philsov, and then we can have a frog on frog final.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Dol

I seriously underestimated Pokeytax's team.  That Uribo helped a ton (and got kind of lucky, but still).  Very well done.  Entertaining as hell to watch :)

Barren

CupOfOrangeJuice

June 04, 2011, 09:11:03 pm #137 Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:11:49 pm by fattyzila
Oh man.  So super close.  So close.  Wow.  So close.  

Wow.  

If my Ninja had remedy, he could have solved that little petrify issue.

DomieV

Damn....that was a very very close match...GG Fattyzila, that was intense!

CupOfOrangeJuice

As barren was looking at the teams at the beginning of the match i realized that i could've done a few things to boost my team like remedy and also it would have made more sense to switch the 2nd job classes for the knights so the one with higher mp has esuna and raise. Well.... I guess it wont be too bad I will just pwn my way through the losers and we can have an epic final championship bout =P. Also GGs