• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:22:33 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT 1.3 AI Tournament Season 5 ☢ ☢ ☢ [FINISHED] Post-Discussion

Started by Wiz, May 27, 2011, 12:04:42 am

Derevish

After getting killed by the wizard, knight, and ninja in round 1... my squire just went berserk!

GG Vigilanti! :)

yohyzo

skiploom188 vs yohyzo
GG skiploom. 2nd round was pretty close. I think Naruto dodged like 9 50% shots. I sort of rely on my wizard for abandon units.

About my team my wizard is not floating and it doesn't say in the teams list but my oracle should have teleport. and the name is pronounced yo-hi-zo. Like hi. :)

dinosaur

Just loved loved how all of Zenius team have weapons that proc more damage, it is so exciting!

Eternal

Quote from: veliuz on May 31, 2011, 10:55:16 pm
Hahaha...

You had it coming with a team like that.

GG

Indeed, GG. I'm sad I didn't get matched up with someone else. My team really did perform well in preliminary tests.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

formerdeathcorps

Nice matches, everyone.  Just a few things I noticed were wrong.

1) Zenius' Samurai has PA Save (not possible since only dancers get PA Save or I would have ran a PA Save Monk)
2) Wildbows have too much MA.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

pokeytax

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on June 01, 2011, 02:28:09 am
2) Wildbows have too much MA.

Yeah, I would like to formally request that my match with fdc not be posted until this is fixed (if it's broken in Barren's set). While I realize this seems very rules-lawyerly, I don't think anyone will be eager to grant me a do-over if I lose, while he would be obviously entitled to one if I won. It's a Monty Hall problem.
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

great matches, too bad for RW in R3, those 82% chances of revive missing was extremely unfortunate

Trolololololololol

good matches, Naruto deserves MVP even though he didnt win

DAMN!! Zenius is kicking ass so far....but Wiz, error on your part that males cannot use PA Save. Note that for future reference

guess his force wasnt a force thanks to his squire. its back to the drawing board for him

B-B-B-B-BLOODBATH!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

Quote from: pokeytax on June 01, 2011, 07:03:54 am
Yeah, I would like to formally request that my match with fdc not be posted until this is fixed (if it's broken in Barren's set). While I realize this seems very rules-lawyerly, I don't think anyone will be eager to grant me a do-over if I lose, while he would be obviously entitled to one if I won. It's a Monty Hall problem.

Well I do already have your match recorded but fortunately it will be up WAYYY after i do the first few matches. If the wildbow's MA need to be fixed, then ill re-record your match versus fdc and hopefully everyone will be happy with the fixed changed on the Wildbow's stats
You dare cross blades with me?

krilz

Very cool matches so far, loving every minute of it and hoping to gather some tricks of what to put together next season. Good luck everyone! :)

Zenius

Yeah my Samurai is supposed to have MA Save. Correction please!!

formerdeathcorps

Actually, there is one more error on maps.  Some of you noted that the first turn use of haste by certain parties was messed up.  In my testing, I found this to be a constant problem on the following maps:

50 (St. Muround's Temple) messes up for 1P and 2P, but mostly 2P
39 (Underground Passage in Goland) messes up primarily for 2P
74 (Sweegy Woods) messes up primarily for 2P

I'm not quite sure why (there may be special code built into the maps that screws up AI for the first turn or something), but it's something that should be kept in mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Melancthon

Some intense matches so far.  Some truly scary teams out there.

Quote from: Barren on May 31, 2011, 01:43:38 pm
I already have at least 9 or 10 recorded already, if anyone wants to see my half of the winners bracket while we wait for wiz to finish please say so and ill upload it later on tonight. If not, we'll wait until Wiz is done with his half

Well I certainly wouldn't mind seeing my match!  But there is something to be said for organization and scheduling.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

BlameGod

Quote from: Squidgy on May 29, 2011, 06:50:34 pm
If piggies are using the old MA growth stat of 7 instead of 70... that gives 46.2 MA. Nice catch pokeytax... I was just assuming best compat, which is impossible for monsters. Normal Wildbow charm is 63%...

Master Guide says it's (MA+50)%, tier 3 monster stats says they should have theses stats:

Wildbow
273 HP
126 MP
11 SP
19 PA
31 MA

(31+50)% = 81%

from my understanding they should have 81% charm.

formerdeathcorps

June 01, 2011, 06:04:26 pm #94 Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:04:57 pm by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: BlameGod on June 01, 2011, 05:56:15 pm
Master Guide says it's (MA+50)%, tier 3 monster stats says they should have theses stats:

Wildbow
273 HP
126 MP
11 SP
19 PA
31 MA

(31+50)% = 81%

from my understanding they should have 81% charm.

But we re now using 1.3038 stats, meaning the MA C value is 70, so MA is now 13.  That list is for 1.3030/34.

pokeytax

June 01, 2011, 06:14:13 pm #95 Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:15:09 pm by pokeytax
Quote from: formerdeathcorps on June 01, 2011, 06:04:26 pm
That list is for 1.3030/34.

Yeah I assumed the same thing you did at first, BlameGod, but sadly this is true, the proof is that the 46 MA comes from raw MA based on the old MAC 7 combined with the new MAM 160.

Thanks for doing that, Barren, I appreciate your effort to give me the best possible first-round loss!
  • Modding version: PSX

Wiz

Yeah, so I only have a few hours to put four vids up, so before I get going, I wanted to post this photo...

^ that's from 1.3038 (normal gameplay), so yes, the MA value's 13 for piggies on that move meaning there's a 63% chance (neutral compat) of Nose Breath going off. I'll PM the hosts the raw value that they'll need to implement into FFTastic to make sure Piggies have 13 MA and not 46.

Also, the memory card I received as well as spreadsheet had Protect 2 checked off instead of Protect for some reason UTP. There's going to be a do-over with Match 6 (no need to for the teams with pigs since they lost <_<) and if you end up winning UTP,  a tie-breaker match will ensue since it's unfair to boot PX out of his spot (I doubt having protect instead of protect 2 will make a significant difference). No music will be implemented nor commentary since I've got three others I need to do before I upload them as well.

Ciao for now.

UniqueTownPortal

June 01, 2011, 06:36:57 pm #97 Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 06:38:42 pm by UniqueTownPortal
Thank you Wiz for all the hard work :) As for the team it is not only a matter of protect, my samurai have some draws and in the battle it looks like it has none... please check this in game, after loading save, if samurai learned draws ( Asura,Murasame,Kiyomori). I probably will be defeated so no special ranting from my side ;) For me this is just pure fun  :)

Havermayer

I fully expect to be demolished.

I am more curious to see how my AI manipulation worked.  I intentionally had no curing on my team, only the power to revive.  The reason is that I did not want my guys to waste turns healing when they should be attacking.  Also I did not know that level 4 black magic were allowed in this.  If I did, I would have used them. 

Wiz