• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:01:57 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

At least my chilly storm team had a couple of wins.....needless to say, my IP man team was probably the best built because of well...IP man
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

The Damned

@Barren (second batch of matches): Wow, the Priest was such a dumb-ass in the first match considering she had Esuna. Seriously, what the hell at that and the Petrify hax? I guess Safety Dance is only deadly at a distance, but I still thought the second match was the best, especially given how the third match was essentially 4-on-3 (that poor Priest). That map in the second match is screwed up, though.

@pokeytax: Wow, I feel like an idiot for not noticing you had W/L charts. How the hell did I manage to beat Gotwald's team with Future So Light that first time around?

Also, I'm guessing that much of the problem for Four Kings of Shadaloo came from Javelin being pretty ineffectual and only Sagat having revival; I'm guessing he kept dying first. Hmmmm....

Quote from: "pokeytax"It's okay, I've got a disease where I enjoy this. But for the benefit of new people and others, let me point out that it's really easy to run matches, easier than the S4 patch - it's patch, download premade card, play. My computer was bottom-of-the-line five years ago, has an integrated video card, and still records fine with HyperCam, so unless you have a laptop with rickets you should be good.

Eh, I'll keep that in mind, but it's totally your fault if something explodes and I get hit by shrapnel.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Squidgy

In that last Squidgy vs Pokeytax... Wow, just wow. Does Nameless Dance secretly prevent all casting? First turn my priest doesn't cast Haste 2, second turn she doesn't cast it when 2 people are slowed, nor Esuna when two are poisoned. GG though, I do love Nameless.

Yay, go Counter Cowards! Brave and Faith are for weaklings.

The Damned

December 14, 2010, 04:26:12 pm #423 Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:22:41 am by The Damned
Yeah, the female Priests in the second sets of videos acted rather weird/stupidly. Not sure what to say, though in your case, it probably wouldn't have mattered much given she got Stopped for basically the entire fight shortly after her second turn.

Speaking of which, I can't believe it took me until that match to realize where the names for pokeytax's team had come from. I feel like a noob.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

pokeytax

Deft Priesting for the win. I love how the AI feels the need to pause extra long before those moves, too, carefully weighing the costs of going to all the trouble of spellcasting against the benefits of not dying slowly of poison.
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

Quote from: "pokeytax"Deft Priesting for the win. I love how the AI feels the need to pause extra long before those moves, too, carefully weighing the costs of going to all the trouble of spellcasting against the benefits of not dying slowly of poison.

Yes indeed your team dominated Squidgy's team which too me was very impressive....our match I posted was another close call match.....and I'm glad you and everyone elsde who is watching these matches are enjoying them...lots more to come :)

pokeytax

BlameGod

Wow!

Two sweet matches and two cool teams which won!

Barren

The Damned

Geez, mass extinction event.

Also, further proof that Concentrate needs to die. I wonder how the new Crossbows will fare without it.

Speaking of distance weapons, it's nice to see another team using spell-guns. Although I still don't understand why guns aren't forced two-hands.

Oh well. Thanks again to both of you.

pokeytax

Quote from: "The Damned"Geez, mass extinction event.

Speaking of which, if no one takes issue I think I will go through and retire some teams. If your team hasn't been edited in a month and has already seen use in a league, I'm probably going to scrap it from the cards. Feel free to slightly edit or just freshly date your team in the team thread if you want me to keep generating for you! This is not about forcing teams out, just retiring teams that aren't being closely followed.

On a related note, while I will still get everyone represented, I will probably start running fresh B-teams over stale A-teams and suspend the unwritten one-team-per-person rule, so don't be surprised if Squidgy runs eight teams and everyone else goes 2-18.

Zaen

I'll be updating mine over break, though entirely new, so feel free to scrap it.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Barren

You can scrap my Frog team if you want to. My two teams are mainly chilly storm and IP man

dinosaur

Quote from: "pokeytax"
Quote from: "The Damned"Geez, mass extinction event.

Speaking of which, if no one takes issue I think I will go through and retire some teams. If your team hasn't been edited in a month and has already seen use in a league, I'm probably going to scrap it from the cards. Feel free to slightly edit or just freshly date your team in the team thread if you want me to keep generating for you! This is not about forcing teams out, just retiring teams that aren't being closely followed.

On a related note, while I will still get everyone represented, I will probably start running fresh B-teams over stale A-teams and suspend the unwritten one-team-per-person rule, so don't be surprised if Squidgy runs eight teams and everyone else goes 2-18.

OMG! Please please retire my team.

I will create a new one  8)

BlameGod

I've updated my team but people are still using the old setup, is there something I need to do to inform people that it's updated? I gave up on charm but it was nice to see it work once at least!

pokeytax

December 18, 2010, 01:30:02 pm #435 Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 03:08:08 pm by pokeytax
Quote from: "BlameGod"Is there something I need to do to inform people that it's updated?

It'll percolate through, people just forget about the newest cards sometimes. All testing is good.

This one was painful to watch, somebody should have sprung for the deluxe AI:
Also painful to watch for different reasons (best compat wreaks havoc):

The Damned

Hmmm...it would seem that the spreadsheet is mixing up the Blaze Gun and the Glacier Gun given that Fujin was supposed to have the latter (not that it ended up mattering). I swear, those guns will never not be mixed up. (Argh. Emphatic double negative.)

Anyway, the AI was smarter about Preach than I thought it would be. I'm kind of surprised, really. Would have liked to see a Threaten, but I guess I'll have to hope that happens in other matches.

As I said on Youtube, wow, the AI is kinda...weird with Esuna.

Regardless, thanks as usual for running this, pokeytax. GG, BlameGod.

pokeytax

Quote from: "The Damned"Anyway, the AI was smarter about Preach than I thought it would be. I'm kind of surprised, really.

Yeah, me too, though don't get too excited - I know I've seen it keep showering Praise on a unit at 100 Brave.

BlameGod

December 18, 2010, 06:30:26 pm #438 Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:09:14 pm by BlameGod
Okay i'm ditching that team going for monk destruction, wish me luck!

Edit: Another new team from me, based on mimes... thinking of trying a summoner + mime team too!

Melancthon

Quote from: "pokeytax"Speaking of which, if no one takes issue I think I will go through and retire some teams. If your team hasn't been edited in a month and has already seen use in a league, I'm probably going to scrap it from the cards.

Yeah, I haven't had much time to sit down for any serious team building lately.  I'll retire RAMROD, but I would love to see my Performance Artists again.  They started as a joke team, but after seeing that one fight (especially on that tiny map!) I think I might be on to something.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"