• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:43:30 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Animating a plain old weapon strike.

Started by Timbo, April 09, 2010, 11:45:28 am

Timbo

Man, I suck at this.  I've figured out how to create a working weapon strike but I can't get the enemy to react to it. I created some attacks for Mustadio and when he shoots enemies with them he shoots the gun, it makes a sound, but I can't get the targeted sprite to react to the gun shot.  What am I doing wrong?  Does anybody know what my animation bytes need to read or what flags I have to use?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

DeadManWalking

Just look at the animation for the Knight Breaks and check the same boxes for your skill, and uncheck everything else.  Worked for the attack skills in my Marshal class, if you don't want any graphic effect to show up as well, put FFFF under the effect.

Timbo

I did, and it didn't work.  It uses the sixth, seventh, and eighth boxes.  Specifically Bytes 07 00 00.  I forgot to mention that it doesn't even show the damage numerals.  Mustadio simply fires the gun and thats it.  It does however damage the target.  I've been stuck on this for days.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Edit:  Well, I don't need to worry about it anymore.  I just gave up and finally added an effect which solved the problem for me.  Spinfist is actually pretty great for gunshot effects.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo